TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Dnamertz

Big Brother 9/1/13

That was one of the most satisfying episodes of BB. I loved it when Amanda went into the room to tell Ellissa that she feels Ellissa is antagonizing her. So Ellissa, following the advice of the other HGs, just avoids her and walks out of the room without responding. Then Amanda goes outside to complain and says someting like "She just walks away, I can't believe she keeps antagonizing me like that". So, if Ellissa talks to her she is pushing her buttons, and if she avoids the confrontation she is antagonizing her?

Also loved it when Amanda said "I feel like I'm back in high school" and Spencer says "were you a mega bitch in high school?".
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
stellie93

Elissa has it a lot more together than Rachael ever did. She's still annoying when she talks, but I'm liking her more all the time.

I bet if McCrae hadn't hooked up with Amanda, he could have won this thing. Or if she'd been voted out early on, he might have recovered.

Didn't Julie say something about a double elimination? Maybe they can get rid of both of them at once.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

I loved what GM said about McCrae at the nomination ceremony. Hope he listened.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Hcour

That was funny as hell when GM was trying to make her speech following the nominations. "Amanda and McCrae, you are a dyman... You are a dinin... You are a diman... You are a powerful couple..."
Hcour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
mdougie

A really great and funny episode.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
That was funny as hell when GM was trying to make her speech following the nominations. "Amanda and McCrae, you are a dyman... You are a dinin... You are a diman... You are a powerful couple..."
And Judd (Boomhauer) of all people gives her the correct word.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Best episode yet, at least now I have someone to root for even though I always found Gina Marie annoying.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Best episode yet, at least now I have someone to root for even though I always found Gina Marie annoying.
I agree. GM is really turning her game around, I am starting to feel sorry for her if she doesn't win. She lost a job she really loves due to being caught up in game show drama.

Last edited by mdougie : 09-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
I agree. GM is really turning her game around, I am starting to feel sorry for her if she doesn't win. She lost a job she really loves due to being caught up in game show drama.
Being caught up in game show drama? Last I checked, making racist remarks is not "game show drama".
Old 09-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
GM is really turning her game around, I am starting to feel sorry for her if she doesn't win.
i'm not, she's as bad or worse than aaryn when i comes to bigoted remarks. judd is really the only hg left i even kinda' like, and that should say something on its own...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post

i'm not, she's as bad or worse than aaryn when i comes to bigoted remarks. judd is really the only hg left i even kinda' like, and that should say something on its own...
Totally agree with N.A. GM was horrible.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

This was a really satisfying episode. They didn't even try to hide the fact that Amanda and Mccray were going up. Just all the talk behind their backs about them going up.

Amanda is delusional. She really things she is the good guy and popular and that Elissa is evil. While Elissa isn't a saint, Amanda just seems like a horrible person.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
This was a really satisfying episode. They didn't even try to hide the fact that Amanda and Mccray were going up. Just all the talk behind their backs about them going up.

Amanda is delusional. She really things she is the good guy and popular and that Elissa is evil. While Elissa isn't a saint, Amanda just seems like a horrible person.
Agreed. And I felt the best part of the episode was that CBS didn't try and give us a red herring that GM was going to put up someone else. Usually, they have a DR scene where the HoH would say "You know, she makes a good point, I might have to think about it". We didn't even get that!! That was awesome. I really cannot believe that McRanda was sooo shocked that they went up. But, the main reason this worked is because GM had an alliance in place which has her back. Without that alliance, I don't think she could have made that move.

GM, has really turned her game around. She's a lot smarter than we give her credit for (she's just saddled with sounding kinda dumb, since her accent is so thick). If she wasn't so obnoxiously racist at the beginning, I might root for her to win. (Of course I don't remember CBS showing any of that). But forming that alliance and then proceeding to follow through on her threat to get rid of McRanda was a big movie. Might be enough to win the game for her.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I enjoyed Spencer in his chicken suit in the DR saying how he was worried he might get put up. Then saying "just kidding, I'm safe".
Old 09-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #15
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post

That was one of the most satisfying episodes of BB. I loved it when Amanda went into the room to tell Ellissa that she feels Ellissa is antagonizing her. So Ellissa, following the advice of the other HGs, just avoids her and walks out of the room without responding. Then Amanda goes outside to complain and says someting like "She just walks away, I can't believe she keeps antagonizing me like that". So, if Ellissa talks to her she is pushing her buttons, and if she avoids the confrontation she is antagonizing her?

Also loved it when Amanda said "I feel like I'm back in high school" and Spencer says "were you a mega bitch in high school?".
I can't wait to see how Amanda responds to being on the block this week. I think she literally may have a nervous breakdown. The girl is a total nut job. Don't they vet these people? How did she even get on the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

GM, has really turned her game around ... forming that alliance and then proceeding to follow through on her threat to get rid of McRanda was a big movie. Might be enough to win the game for her.
She's definitely in a good position. After Judd, she's probably the most well liked person left in the house.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I enjoyed Spencer in his chicken suit in the DR saying how he was worried he might get put up. Then saying "just kidding, I'm safe".
It sounded like they were trying to set a record for most chicken puns in one episode
Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
hairyblue
A good Man

Amanda and Mcray up....I wonder if Amanda will turn on Mcray now? or will that happen after the Veto competition?

I don't see Amanda and Mcray making it as a couple outside the house.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yay!!!! I finally got a chance to see the episode I've been waiting for... Amanda did not disappoint! That was AWESOME. GM is my temporary hero. I loved Spencer asking Amanda if she was a Mega-bitch in HS too. He's great. Can not wait to watch Amanda go nuclear this week. I wonder if she will try to get McCrae to take HER off the block (since "she's the bigger target") if he wins POV.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
hairyblue
A good Man

Oh, is this the first year so many HG have lost their day jobs? I just don't see how you can go on a show that is recorded and streamed to the internet 24/7 and say so many dumb things. What company would want to be associated with famous Bigots?

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
Amanda and Mcray up....I wonder if Amanda will turn on Mcray now? or will that happen after the Veto competition?

I don't see Amanda and Mcray making it as a couple outside the house.
Me either. I think McCrae is a little bit disgusted at this point. If she thinks he's gonna move to wherever she lives, she's dreaming. I also wonder just how much Amanda even cares about him. She only "married him" to ensure his loyalty. I think she's just a user of people and this is her MO. I bet everyone who has ever worked with Amanda is now jumping for joy that the World knows what they know about her. I picked her as a sociopath on day one.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
2004raptor

I can't decide who would be better to vote off if neither (amanda and mcrae) wins veto. Initially I would think amanda needs to stay just simply because mcrae would do great in the finals. But then you have to give amanda a little credit for controlling numerous other HOH's. She is annoying but she has certainly played a good game as far as strategy is concerned.

Of course, I don't want her to even make it to the finals but it could certainly happen.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I can't decide who would be better to vote off if neither (amanda and mcrae) wins veto. Initially I would think amanda needs to stay just simply because mcrae would do great in the finals. But then you have to give amanda a little credit for controlling numerous other HOH's. She is annoying but she has certainly played a good game as far as strategy is concerned.

Of course, I don't want her to even make it to the finals but it could certainly happen.
I wouldn't mind Amanda being left in the house so we can watch her suffer a little longer, but what if she wins HOH next time? You never know... I think they should get her out of there while they have the chance. McCrae may turn out to be a much better person not attached to her. I think he used her just as much as she used him.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
the master manipulators this season were amanda and helen. if nick had stayed longer, he probably would have made a few moves, too.

i don't really admire the gameplay of anyone left, so i don't care who wins - it's a choice between the lesser of evils. judd is the only hg i even remotely like.

go j-u-double-d, party daugherty, for the win!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

A part of me wants to see Amanda stay, if only to see the expression on her face when she loses unanimously (well maybe one vote from McRae if he's on the jury). That would be TV gold. A lot like Russell's "I'm gonna kill someone" expression when he lost on Survivor! But I don't know if I could handle her even for 2 more weeks.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
A part of me wants to see Amanda stay, if only to see the expression on her face when she loses unanimously (well maybe one vote from McRae if he's on the jury)...But I don't know if I could handle her even for 2 more weeks.
i could put up with amanda staying, just for entertainment value. there's one thing i'm dreading...this finale, although interesting, will most likely be a disappointment. only time will tell, and thank goodness we're almost to the end.

anyone for all-stars next year???

Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i could put up with amanda staying, just for entertainment value. there's one thing i'm dreading...this finale, although interesting, will most likely be a disappointment. only time will tell, and thank goodness we're almost to the end.

anyone for all-stars next year???
Yes! It is time for an all stars. All the newbs this year seemed to detract from actual game play, but at least we got to see that the producers listened when people complained that there had too many returning players the last few seasons. I am certainly convinced BB needs returning players now.