TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 7/17/2013

The disclaimer was there again, but no real mention of any of the racist stuff. Perhaps it's going to be there for the rest of the season.

Any doubts now that Elissa is winning MVP every week? Even the house guests seem to be resigned to the fact. Great idea, terrible execution. CBS HAD to know it was going to turn out that way, didn't they?

While I'm not a fan of Elissa, I'll give her kudos for standing her ground and trying to play her game and putting Spencer up. While game play wise, Amanda was right, I want to see Spencer go.

I felt bad for Kaitlyn. She did what she had to do, but I understand how hard it is to get rid of someone you're close to. At least there really was some closeness there.

I knew Helen was using crocodile tears with the guys to try and get info from them. For using "waterworks" there sure was no real tears. I could see through that a mile away. But I'm smarter than either of those guys.

Glad to see Jeremy going. He's a self absorbed blow hard (or at least he plays one on TV). Still wish it was Aaryn, but I'm fine with either of them going.

On Helen. I guess when you're in the house, or the jungle or where ever you are in these games, you see things differently, but I STILL don't get why people take things so personally when they are lied to. It's a game, and that's part of it. Why would I tell my "enemy" anything truthful, or, expect them to tell me the truth? Why get upset when they lie to you? If I was playing, I'd take EVERYTHING people tell me with a grain of salt, even allies. I'd play my own game and "use" people when I need to. And I'd play the game knowing full well that others probably don't believe me either.

Any chance Jeremy can save himself? The only way I see it happening is if Aaryn says something SO vile to Helen's face that she just has to go. I don't see it happening though.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

I starting to like Elissa getting the MVP - if this wasn't in place we'd be stuck with the Moving Company and they just weren't that likeable. Sometimes it's nice to see the "cool" kids get theirs.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
LlamaLarry

I thought it was weird that Helen uses her fake crying to get her kids to do what she wants.

It only makes sense (to me) that Jeremy goes this week, but I sure do wish that it was Aaryn.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
jjd_87

I just feel like Helen is playing too hard, trying to mastermind everything. If they were smart they would try and get her out next week.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
I starting to like Elissa getting the MVP - if this wasn't in place we'd be stuck with the Moving Company and they just weren't that likeable. Sometimes it's nice to see the "cool" kids get theirs.
Well, I liked SOME of the MC. Nick, Howard, McRae.

I used to NOT like Elissa, now I simply just don't care about her. I just don't think ONE person should be winning it, week in and week out without really earning it. I think the first week it should have been Nick. The second week, Candace or Amanda, and this week Helen. Elissa wins it for all the wrong reasons.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Well it's not her 'fault' that she's winning - so it's hard to hold it against her.

I like that she stuck to her guns about Howard vs. Jeremy. It showed some integrity and nut.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Well it's not her 'fault' that she's winning - so it's hard to hold it against her.

I like that she stuck to her guns about Howard vs. Jeremy. It showed some integrity and nut.
Agree on both points. As I said, great idea, but poor execution. This was the first time I really thought Elissa played her own game. I'm still not sure what her point was to NOT put Howard up, but I applaud her for sticking with her conviction.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

It's probably as simple as she likes him and has some trust in him.

I would too.

I like to think that if I was playing this game, I would be just as concerned about making sure people who I respect get to the end, as I would be about getting strong players out.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
It's probably as simple as she likes him and has some trust in him.

I would too.

I like to think that if I was playing this game, I would be just as concerned about making sure people who I respect get to the end, as I would be about getting strong players out.
That's what I was thinking too. Unfortunately, bringing a player like Howard to the end could probably cost you the game in the end. That said, I think if I was playing, I'd be getting rid of strong physical players early, so they don't control the game, and strong social players late, so they don't get votes. Howard could potentially be both.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Kept waiting for Elissa to say, "If you want to put Howard up so bad, you should win HoH!" I think the's getting tired of everyone telling her who to put up.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
Kept waiting for Elissa to say, "If you want to put Howard up so bad, you should win HoH!" I think the's getting tired of everyone telling her who to put up.
Well then, tell America (or her sister!!) to stop voting her MVP and it won't happen any longer!!

I keep going back and forth on her. Is she playing smart or is she just getting walked all over and is playing dumb as a brick? It's smart sometimes, early in the game, to play "with" what you feel is the power group of the week. So the first week she plays with the MC and agrees to put up who they want? Second week, she sees that Helen / Amanda and that group are now the power center and she puts up who THEY want? Of course both weeks she's up on the block so it guarantees she stays. On the other hand, sometimes playing someone else's game, especially when you play on both sides of the house makes you seem like a floater. never good game play. This week it really did appear she's doing her own thing. I like that.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Elissa should really tell everybody that she didn't win MVP. Having it be a secret would be better so people aren't getting mad at her directly because everybody knows it's her. For one, she'd be able to put up Spencer without Amanda and McCray being mad at her.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Elissa should really tell everybody that she didn't win MVP. Having it be a secret would be better so people aren't getting mad at her directly because everybody knows it's her. For one, she'd be able to put up Spencer without Amanda and McCray being mad at her.
Thing is, if every week at about the same time she gets called into the diary room, I'm betting most house guests will pretty much figure it out each week. Especially if she is rarely called in.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I was glad that Kaitlyn called Jeremy out on his cockyness and that BB showed an example of it.

I was a Rachel fan and I'm an Elissa fan. But yeah, this MVP is flawed. Maybe next season it will be like HoH. No back-to-back "wins".
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
Shaunnick

I would hope we would get a new twist next season.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Thing is, if every week at about the same time she gets called into the diary room, I'm betting most house guests will pretty much figure it out each week. Especially if she is rarely called in.
They assume it anyway. I think everyone is planning their strategies around her getting it.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I was glad that Kaitlyn called Jeremy out on his cockyness and that BB showed an example of it.

I was a Rachel fan and I'm an Elissa fan. But yeah, this MVP is flawed. Maybe next season it will be like HoH. No back-to-back "wins".
Yep no back to back wins is the only way to make it fair. Or how about this. If, as MVP you put someone up, if the MVP nominee is removed from the block (either by veto or otherwise), the MVP goes up.

Or, leave it the way it is, but not have a "famous" person in the house to sway the vote.

But...I'm still against the audience having a say in the game play strategy.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
I think every one of them gets called into the diary room every so often.
Maybe even daily?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #19
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I think every one of them gets called into the diary room every so often.
Maybe even daily?
Yes they get called in at least once a day, more often before comps and voting. Nick got called in more than the others which made them suspicious that he was scheming and couldn't be trusted and the house guests were right.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Again I was looking for some more sparks flyin but it was a decent episode. Elissa not caving in showed that she is willing to play her own game and in the long run that will benefit her much greater then always going with the crowd. I don't quite see her as flip flopping because as already stated she was on the block the last two times and did what she felt best would keep her safe. Although she is not the smartest player she certainly is showing some signs that she could turn into a strong player with or without the MVP. (maybe lol)

It was satisfying watching the the planning behind Jeremy's demise. You really are taking a gamble trying to back door but it worked out well so far. Who knows but I would not put it past the house to keep him another week and start the guessing game of who voted for who yet again.

Howard obviously has played a very good social game to be able to dodge the nomination this week. Not saying he played a good game overall but he stopped the bleeding good enough to slip through the cracks this week. I would love to see either him or Kermit (i don't even know that guys name) become HOH and shake up the house a little more. If you really wanted to see some fireworks we could hope GM gets HOH and still holds Nick's departure close.

What a sway of power from week 1 to this week though. What felt like a solid male super alliance has seen a complete reversal and the woman are running this house no doubt.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Yes they get called in at least once a day, more often before comps and voting. Nick got called in more than the others which made them suspicious that he was scheming and couldn't be trusted and the house guests were right.
I always find it interesting when they show diary room interviews while a competition is going on and the houseguests speak about the competition as if they stopped in the middle of it to speak to the cameras.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Kermit (i don't even know that guys name)
Dinky

Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
Dinky
Lol is that from "The Littles"

Regardless of his name he is a strong social player and I can see him being under estimated in the scheme of the game.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
Shaunnick

If you guys are talking about Andy, he reminds me of Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
They never addressed Spencer's peek around the wall during the POV competition. I wonder if they would have DQ'd him if his time was the fastest?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
If you guys are talking about Andy, he reminds me of Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

I always thought he looked like Ron Howard around the time of Happy Days.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #27
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
They never addressed Spencer's peek around the wall during the POV competition. I wonder if they would have DQ'd him if his time was the fastest?
Oh yeah. I was expecting them to stop him right away when he did that.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
Ment

Quote:
BB games rules are malleable. Since the veto comps aren't on live feeds, BB would probably just edit it out if he had won and houseguests didn't complain.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #29
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

That's what I figured...he didn't win so it didn't matter. If he had, I would have expected them to say something like "...and Spencer you had the best time of X:XX......buuuuuuuuut...."

I would have killed that comp, since I wouldn't even need to jump to see over the fence.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #30
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Lol is that from "The Littles"
Yup - totally. He reminds me of one of the Littles.