TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
pmyers

True Blood OAD 07/14/2013

Go Jason Stackhouse!

I was surprised about the turn Sookie's parents' plot line went.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

it's official, true blood renewed for season seven:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...seventh-585518

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
pmyers

btw....I was surprised that Eric's plan is/was to get captured. Why not follow and find out where the "camp" is and infiltrate it? I guess the answer is: That's how they wrote it...
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
btw....I was surprised that Eric's plan is/was to get captured. Why not follow and find out where the "camp" is and infiltrate it? I guess the answer is: That's how they wrote it...
Eric's been making some questionable (i.e., stupid) choices lately...like turning the Governor's daughter to make him more sympathetic to vampires, and then sending her home before she's been housebroken. At first I thought it was just sloppy writing, and I'm still not convinced it's not, but maybe there's something wrong with Eric..?
Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Seems like writer machinations to get everyone in the same place...
TAsunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Shaunnick

I would be willing to volunteer for the copulation experiments.

Strictly for research.

My wife and I loved seeing the Jason Stackhouse of old come back.

"How does God feel now?"
"Righteous."

I really don't care for Sam and Emma, Alcide, or Terry and Arlene. It was sad seeing Andy breakdown over his girls.

And Anna Paquin really bounced back from those twins. Yowzers!
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
john4200

Were we supposed to assume that the scene in the cave where Warlow knocked a hole in the roof so the sunlight could hit Lilith was how he killed her? It seems unlikely that would kill her, unless she was a lot weaker back in 3500 B.C.

Maybe being in direct sunlight for long enough (more than 10 seconds) could kill Lilith. It seemed like Billith was in mortal danger when he was out in the sun for 5 - 10 seconds. But in the cave, it was just a beam of sunlight and all she would have to do is move to a different part of the cave. Unless Warlow held her down (if he is strong enough to do so, which I guess he could be if the beam of sunlight weakened Lilith).
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
busyba
The Funcooker

I don't know how old Lillith was back then, but it's already been demonstrated that even though vamps generally get stronger as they get older, they actually become more vulnerable to sunlight as they get older (which stands to reason, since they are less accustomed to sunlight than a younger vamp would be).

Godric went to dust on the roof with a lot less exposure than we've seen younger vamps survive from.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
...even though vamps generally get stronger as they get older, they actually become more vulnerable to sunlight as they get older...
unless vamps have a abundant supply of fae blood on hand (on neck?). wonder if synthetic fae blood would protect as well as organic fae blood in the sunlight?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
unless vamps have a abundant supply of fae blood on hand (on neck?). wonder if synthetic fae blood would protect as well as organic fae blood in the sunlight?
well that is what Bill is trying to find out...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.

Why didn't Andy's three other daughters turn into fairy dust when they died?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #12
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Why didn't Andy's three other daughters turn into fairy dust when they died?
They were only half fairy.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
aindik

Quote:
I don't know how old Lillith was back then, but it's already been demonstrated that even though vamps generally get stronger as they get older, they actually become more vulnerable to sunlight as they get older (which stands to reason, since they are less accustomed to sunlight than a younger vamp would be).

Godric went to dust on the roof with a lot less exposure than we've seen younger vamps survive from.
Lilith was the first vampire and Warlow was her first progeny. Right? How old could she be?
aindik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Lilith was the first vampire and Warlow was her first progeny. Right? How old could she be?
I was a little unclear on that. She said that he was the salvation of the vampire race, or something like that. I took that to possibly mean that there were already "pure" vampires, that they were somehow endangered, and that she was "saving" her species by creating vampire-human hybrids, or vampires as we now know them.

But that was just a vague impression. Who knows what they're (the writers) really up to?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
As Rob points out, it's not clear that he was her first.

According to the vamp bible (and the human one, I think), Lilith predates Adam and Eve. So, that's pretty old, even way back then, I would imagine.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
aindik

Quote:
As Rob points out, it's not clear that he was her first.

According to the vamp bible (and the human one, I think), Lilith predates Adam and Eve. So, that's pretty old, even way back then, I would imagine.
Is the human bible on the show different from the real human bible? In the real human bible, no person predates Adam and Eve.

In the Universe of the show, did creation actually happen 4000 or so years before the birth of Christ, or are people who believe that dismissed as fundamentalists like they are in our universe?

Also, I thought Nora said Warlow was the progeny. I assumed that means he was the first.
aindik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I was a little unclear on that. She said that he was the salvation of the vampire race, or something like that. I took that to possibly mean that there were already "pure" vampires, that they were somehow endangered, and that she was "saving" her species by creating vampire-human hybrids, or vampires as we now know them.

But that was just a vague impression. Who knows what they're (the writers) really up to?
Was Warlow's tribe a tribe of humans, or a tribe of fairies? The way I understood it, Lilith was saying that they (the vampires) had heard of beings like him (fae), and that turning someone like him was foretold as the way to save the vampire race, but that theirs was the first vampire-fae encounter.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Was Warlow's tribe a tribe of humans, or a tribe of fairies? The way I understood it, Lilith was saying that they (the vampires) had heard of beings like him (fae), and that turning someone like him was foretold as the way to save the vampire race, but that theirs was the first vampire-fae encounter.
That's interesting...Warlow said he's half-fae, although he might have been lying. His tribe certainly didn't seem fae...they looked and acted like normal humans. But then, where does the fae come in?

I'm also not sure what being "the first vampire" is supposed to mean. It can't be a human who was turned, since there would be nobody to turn her. There do seem to be other realms with other kinds of beings (e.g., the fae don't live on Earth), so maybe she was just the first to cross over from the vampire realm to Earth?

I hope we're not just thinking about it more than they are, but it all seems very confusing at this point. I wonder if all the ad hoc stuff they've introduced over the years isn't started to collide Battlestar Galactica-style? I hope not. I hope...

...THEY HAVE A PLAN!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #19
busyba
The Funcooker

I thought the tribe was fae, just pre-historic fae. I figured that because they were fae and their blood smelled so effing good is why Warlow freaked out and ate everybody.

Didn't we see dust, not bodies, to indicate the dead tribespeople?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #20
john4200

Quote:
I thought the tribe was fae, just pre-historic fae. I figured that because they were fae and their blood smelled so effing good is why Warlow freaked out and ate everybody.

Didn't we see dust, not bodies, to indicate the dead tribespeople?
I thought the same. Also, they seemed too civilized to be 3500 B.C. humans.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Oh, and I assume that Andy giving vampire blood to his dying half-fairy daughter will have unintended consequences?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
stellie93

Sookie drinks vamp blood--but then she's way less than half fairy.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Sookie drinks vamp blood--but then she's way less than half fairy.
She's also not at the brink of death, which is what you have to be to turn, right?

There's the whole burying thing, but we don't know that applies to fairy vampires...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
That's interesting...Warlow said he's half-fae, although he might have been lying. His tribe certainly didn't seem fae...they looked and acted like normal humans. But then, where does the fae come in?
When did he say he was half-fae? To Sookie, in the present, right? We just assumed at the time that the other half was human. He wasn't saying he is half-fae, half-human; he is half-fae, half-vampire. Before he was turned by Lilith, he was full-fae.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
When did he say he was half-fae? To Sookie, in the present, right? We just assumed at the time that the other half was human. He wasn't saying he is half-fae, half-human; he is half-fae, half-vampire. Before he was turned by Lilith, he was full-fae.
So does that mean Bill is half-vampire, half-human?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #26
AeneaGames

Quote:
Niall is FULL fae, Niall said that Warlow killed his entire village, when Warlow came back and killed his entire village we saw a little kid who was told to hide and was called Niall...

Warlow is full fae but also a vampire. He just lied to Sookie.
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #27
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
So does that mean Bill is half-vampire, half-human?
That's the way I'm interpreting the show logic, basically. All the vampires we've seen thus far on the show (except Lilith) are half-human, because they were turned from human. Lilith is a (the) full-on proto-vampire. Not human at all, just like fae are not human at all. Sookie and Sheriff Andy's kids and the bellhop from a few seasons ago are half-fae, because they are the offspring of fae/human pairings. Warlow is a fae turned vampire, perhaps the only one. He's half-fae, half-vampire.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:

Last edited by danterner : 07-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #28
john4200

Quote:
Sookie and Sheriff Andy's kids and the bellhop from a few seasons ago are half-fae, because they are the offspring of fae/human pairings. Warlow is a fae turned vampire, perhaps the only one. He's half-fae, half-vampire.
As someone already said, Sookie is not half Fae. Neither her mother nor her father were 100% Fae. Niall is her great-grandfather, so that makes Sookie 1/8 Fae.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #29
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
As someone already said, Sookie is not half Fae. Neither her mother nor her father were 100% Fae. Niall is her great-grandfather, so that makes Sookie 1/8 Fae.
If Nial is the same Nial that was a baby in the hut 5000 years ago in the flashback, he's got a lot more "greats" in front of grandfather.

I liked this episode and I'm liking this season. For the first time in several years, I have zero idea where the show is going.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
If Nial is the same Nial that was a baby in the hut 5000 years ago in the flashback, he's got a lot more "greats" in front of grandfather.
Uh, no...

The number of "greats" is linked to how many generations separate them, not how old either party is. Niall just happened to be very, very old when he knocked up Sookie's great-grandmother.