TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
dmcghee

Having trouble with Moca Adapter? Go wireless.

I have been struggling with Moca Adapter for about two months. Tried two different adapters. No luck. Can't hook ethernet because of location of Premier 4 (Host). Wiring Cat5 or 6 was cost prohibitive.

Talked to Tivo, they said I could not go wirelessly because I am creating whole home with 2 Mini's.

After much trial, figured that was my only chance. Talked with Apple Genius (my network uses Airport Extreme as wireless router). He suggested that what I had in mind should work -- it did. Here it is:

Use a wireless extender with LAN out to hook up to P4. Create a Moca network (P4 is a bridge so no adapter needed), hook Mini's up to Coax.

Just as fast and clear as direct ethernet connection.
dmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
supasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcghee View Post
I have been struggling with Moca Adapter for about two months. Tried two different adapters. No luck. Can't hook ethernet because of location of Premier 4 (Host). Wiring Cat5 or 6 was cost prohibitive.

Talked to Tivo, they said I could not go wirelessly because I am creating whole home with 2 Mini's.

After much trial, figured that was my only chance. Talked with Apple Genius (my network uses Airport Extreme as wireless router). He suggested that what I had in mind should work -- it did. Here it is:

Use a wireless extender with LAN out to hook up to P4. Create a Moca network (P4 is a bridge so no adapter needed), hook Mini's up to Coax.

Just as fast and clear as direct ethernet connection.
I use a similar setup. I use an Airport Express connected to a Premiere 4. It has worked well since day one. The TiVo doesn't know the difference. It only knows it is connected to ethernet.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote