TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Big Brother - 7/31/2013

Some interesting speculation on the part of the cast about MVP this week and lasts. I was a bit surprised that Amanda got targeted by America but then again if Elissa's followers could get the vote out then that explains it. Maybe America is pissed because they like Howard and want to see him stay in the game and she has been targeting him hard. Not sure all speculation on my part.

Spencer grew on me the last episode or two. He really seems to be one of the most down to earth of all the players. Like he is not getting wrapped up in the game quite the way others are. He has been coming off well to me at least and I am starting to route for him. I was very happy when he won Veto.

Helen and her back lash against Candice was classic. I mean really your going to get pissed when someone calls you out for controlling the game and whine like your not. Then immediately start to manipulate the game as she knows she can to turn the group on Candice. Not saying anything good about Candices gameplay towards Helen in the least but she could have done a much better job of trying to secure herself from being targeted. I hate to say this but I was kind of hoping that America would put Helen up, just because she annoys me with her on camera antics to us. Other then that I respect her game play as she is going full speed.

Jessie and Judd once again fall off the screen as they fade back into flip flop land. Andy hopefully is starting to wear on people inside the house, as he has for my viewing. McCrea at least went to bat for his girl even if he swung at all balls lol.

I figure its going to be Howard leaving this week as I feel like Helen will be able to secure the votes but if there is any twists, Candice goes nutty or Howard works some deals out the voting could change.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Ment

The depiction of Howard in this EP is true to form. You really can't figure out what his point is half the time, which makes him seem shady to the other houseguest cause they figure he is doing it as game strategy...but its just how he speaks.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I found it funny how many people didn't understand what Howard was trying to say in his speech, and that it was just hurting his game. And that he seemed to think it went well based on what he said in the diary room.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Alfer
WOOSAH!

He almost sounded like Mush Mouth from the Fat Albert show, pretty much made no sense, both vocally and content-wise.

I wanted to punch Helen in the face 4-5 times when I saw her jumping up and down screaming like a 3 year old when they picked her to host veto...and I think she acted that way in the HOH room. Ugh..shut it Helen!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
andyw715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
The depiction of Howard in this EP is true to form. You really can't figure out what his point is half the time, which makes him seem shady to the other houseguest cause they figure he is doing it as game strategy...but its just how he speaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I found it funny how many people didn't understand what Howard was trying to say in his speech, and that it was just hurting his game. And that he seemed to think it went well based on what he said in the diary room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
He almost sounded like Mush Mouth from the Fat Albert show, pretty much made no sense, both vocally and content-wise.
Kinda like Shannon Sharpe and his half-time analysis.

Or those people who pray and stick "oh Lord Jesus", "my Jesus", "my great God", etc inbetween every other word of their prayer.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Who else thinks Helen wears the pants in her family?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
Who else thinks Helen wears the pants in her family?
She doesn't need pants..she has the waterworks.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post

I wanted to punch Helen in the face 4-5 times when I saw her jumping up and down screaming like a 3 year old when they picked her to host veto...and I think she acted that way in the HOH room. Ugh..shut it Helen!
Helen has been over the top a bunch this year. I would not mind her getting evicted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
I was a bit surprised that Amanda got targeted by America

Spencer grew on me the last episode or two.
We don't know that Amanda ended up the most votes from the viewers. Maybe others got more, but were either HOH or already nominated.

Also, the editing has been kind to Spencer. He is not nearly as bad as Aaryin in both the quantity or malice of his comments, but he's not a choir boy at all.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #10
RickyL
valar morghulis

Howard seems like he expresses himself just fine in the DR but loses it when he talks to HGs.

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
We don't know that Amanda ended up the most votes from the viewers. Maybe others got more, but were either HOH or already nominated.

Also, the editing has been kind to Spencer. He is not nearly as bad as Aaryin in both the quantity or malice of his comments, but he's not a choir boy at all.
I did think of the same thing, she may not have been the #1 vote getter.

Understood, certainly I am basing my opinion on the Wed/Thur/Sun broadcasts.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post

Spencer grew on me the last episode or two. He really seems to be one of the most down to earth of all the players. Like he is not getting wrapped up in the game quite the way others are. He has been coming off well to me at least and I am starting to route for him. I was very happy when he won Veto.
Quote:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/06/spence...rother-racism/

"Clawson has been captured on "BB" cams calling one houseguest "Kermit the F**" and praising Hitler as a gifted speaker."

It's hard for me to root for anyone that praises Hitler. When are people going to learn that Hitler is one of those subjects that you should never touch unless you are slamming him. It doesn't matter in the slightest if your point is in any way valid. People will automatically assume you are a racist for even thinking it.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/06/spence...rother-racism/

"Clawson has been captured on "BB" cams calling one houseguest "Kermit the F**" and praising Hitler as a gifted speaker."

It's hard for me to root for anyone that praises Hitler. When are people going to learn that Hitler is one of those subjects that you should never touch unless you are slamming him. It doesn't matter in the slightest if your point is in any way valid. People will automatically assume you are a racist for even thinking it.
I didn't put the specific comments because they weren't broadcast. These comments are even worse than the ones you posted above:

Spoiler:

* He said that the Nazi's medical experiments were beneficial (or useful)
* He refers to women using the c-work ... all the time

Again, he's benefiting from editing, but he's not a nice person. He's also a bully.

Hope he doesn't win.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I didn't put the specific comments because they weren't broadcast. These comments are even worse than the ones you posted above:

Spoiler:

Again, he's benefiting from editing, but he's not a nice person. He's also a bully.

Hope he doesn't win.
Yep, one of my pet peeves with the show, as has been stated many times. The claim is his comments have not had an effect on the game, but in some respects it has. If you consider that WE were the MVP, if those comments had come out during the CBS broadcast, would it be possible that he may have been put on the block the previous week?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
gweempose

Quote:

Spoiler:

Holy crap! That's way worse than I realized. That almost makes Aaryn look like a decent person in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Yep, one of my pet peeves with the show, as has been stated many times. The claim is his comments have not had an effect on the game, but in some respects it has. If you consider that WE were the MVP, if those comments had come out during the CBS broadcast, would it be possible that he may have been put on the block the previous week?
I agree. Normally, I just accept the fact that we only see what the producers want us to see. When America gets to nominate people for eviction, however, it becomes much more important that we are seeing these people for who they really are. I don't want to award half a million bucks to a racist.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote