Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Supernatural - "Captives" - 2/25/14

Boys still fighting. Yay.

I felt so bad for Linda Tran. Held like that for a year? Really? Now are we going to find out why or are the boys just going to continue to be new BFF with Crowley? I'm betting not if Sam has any say in it.

Kevin being the ghost we all probably saw coming but I did get a bit misty at the end when he said "my mom's taking home a ghost, you two, you're both still here." but I was annoyed that Sam promised and then 30 seconds later stomped off to his room. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I think Sam is fully entitled to being upset but we know it can't last so have them do whatever they need to do to get over it. I think maybe he's STILL waiting on Dean to apologize and accept that he was wrong. Except Dean isn't going to do that because he's not sorry and doesn't think he was wrong. Round and round we go.

The angel storyline is going somewhere finally. I was surprised to see Bartholomew kick it that easily. I thought for sure he'd be around until the end. So now Cas is the new angel faction leader huh? Now to find Metatron and fix heaven so poor Kev can go have his.

Thoughts?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Kevin being the ghost we all probably saw coming but I did get a bit misty at the end when he said "my mom's taking home a ghost, you two, you're both still here." but I was annoyed that Sam promised and then 30 seconds later stomped off to his room. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I think Sam is fully entitled to being upset but we know it can't last so have them do whatever they need to do to get over it. I think maybe he's STILL waiting on Dean to apologize and accept that he was wrong. Except Dean isn't going to do that because he's not sorry and doesn't think he was wrong. Round and round we go.
I hope they're going somewhere with this. I.e., they have something planned that will shake the worldview of one or the other, and bring them back together. But I fear they're just dragging it out to keep "drama" and "conflict" in the show, and at some point the boys will just hug it out and get on with their lives.

(You'd think fighting for the survival of the human race would be enough drama and conflict. )
Quote:
The angel storyline is going somewhere finally. I was surprised to see Bartholomew kick it that easily. I thought for sure he'd be around until the end. So now Cas is the new angel faction leader huh? Now to find Metatron and fix heaven so poor Kev can go have his.
If you mean "leader of the new Angel faction," then yes. If you mean "new leader of the Angel faction," then no.

Interesting that the guy who caused all this is now looked to as the solution to the problem by (some of) the people he screwed over in the first place.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I hope they're going somewhere with this. I.e., they have something planned that will shake the worldview of one or the other, and bring them back together. But I fear they're just dragging it out to keep "drama" and "conflict" in the show, and at some point the boys will just hug it out and get on with their lives.
I really hope they are setting it up so that Sam is forced to make a call just as sketchy to save Dean's life. And if so, I'd assume the mark of Cain will have to come into play somewhere as well. Otherwise, I'm going to be very unhappy that they did this just for drama.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
cheesesteak
Meh.

The air date in the thread title should be 2/25. I just spent a couple minutes in my tivo's deleted shows list trying to see if I accidentally deleted it 10 days ago.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The air date in the thread title should be 2/25. I just spent a couple minutes in my tivo's deleted shows list trying to see if I accidentally deleted it 10 days ago.
Shoot sorry I didn't even realize. Typo. I asked a mod to change. it.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

I felt so bad for Linda Tran. Held like that for a year? Really? Now are we going to find out why or are the boys just going to continue to be new BFF with Crowley? I'm betting not if Sam has any say in it.
I'm pretty sure that Dean still considers Crowley a ******.

Quote:
Kevin being the ghost we all probably saw coming
It is Supernatural.

Interesting that Heaven is totally shut down as in not accepting new souls.
Was that part of Metatron's spell or did he put a separate padlock on the Pearly Gates?
What happens if Metatron decides to eject all the souls that previously entered Heaven?
If Sam had completed the closing of the Gates of Hell spell, would new souls have not be allowed in there?

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I think Sam is fully entitled to being upset but we know it can't last so have them do whatever they need to do to get over it. I think maybe he's STILL waiting on Dean to apologize and accept that he was wrong. Except Dean isn't going to do that because he's not sorry and doesn't think he was wrong. Round and round we go.
The fundamental problem still seems to be that Dean does not understand one bit why Sam is so angry.
And until either Dean shows some understanding or Sam (as you postulate) has to make a somewhat similar call, just hunting monsters and having a beer afterwards ain't going fix this.
(Either that or Bobby will have to return and smack their heads together.)

Quote:
This was the surprise of the episode and that Castiel is (unwittingly) now the leader of his own faction.
I did notice how they pointed out that Castiel had historically had more scruples than a lot of other angels.

Of course, the problem with having more followers is that there are more ways to leak information now.

Still, it's an interesting development and we'll have to see where they go with it.

And note that this episode had an extremely large helping of Dean guilt slathered all over the kitchen.

(Oh and this time Sam saved Dean. It's about time.)

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
(Oh and this time Sam saved Dean. It's about time.)
It is a rarity that they allow Sam to save Dean. I like it.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:04 AM   #8
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
It is a rarity that they allow Sam to save Dean. I like it.
Yeah, it had been nagging at me some that Dean almost always seems to be the one saving Sam.

By this time, I'd think that Sam would be basically as good a hunter as Dean. (in fact, Bobby told Dean that Sam was better when Sam was soulless)

BTW, I forgot to mention that I liked Jared's performance when Sam was with Mrs. Tran and didn't want to tell her about Kevin.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 AM   #9
cheesesteak
Meh.

At least I won't have to waste any more brain wattage trying to remember how Bartholomew fits into the story. Good Lord, how I hate these broadcast gaps.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote