TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
nortontivo

Tivo Premier reboots when connected to a Samsung TV

Hi,

I have had a Tivo Premier for many years now with very few issues. Last night, I bought a Samsung Smart TV (UN50JU6500FXZASKU) and replaced my old Sony Bravia.

Everything was working well for about an hour and then the Tivo inexplicably rebooted itself. Then it did it again 15 minutes later. Within another hour, it was rebooting every five minutes. When I got up this morning, the Tivo was hung on the "Just a few more minutes" screen.

I thought it would be silly that the TV would be causing this, but that was the only thing that changed. Since I had ceiling mounted my old Sony Bravia to another location, I tried connecting the Tivo to a small 28" Westinghouse I had laying around. So far, no reboots.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Does the Samsung TV try to communicate to the Tivo through the HDMI port or vice versa? Could that be causing the reboot issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

nortontivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
cjgadd3

Can you hook it up using component cables? Back when I had a Series 3, I had problems with rebooting using my Bravia but switched to component and had no problems since. I have only used component with my Premieres and my Roamio Plus.

cjgadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
tamathat

I have premiers and Samsung tvs in every room, never an issue. But I think there was a new Tivo update this week because all my tivos are super slow right now. I rebooted them myself a few times this week but the speed did not improve 8-(

2 - Tivo Minis, lifetime
tamathat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
Teeps

Do you have the TiVo connected to the ARC port on the Samsung?

I have a series 3 and 5 tivo connected to a similar Samsung smart tv on HDMI 2 and 4 with no problems.

Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote