TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
sbiller

BREAKING NEWS: TiVo Rolling Out Multiroom Upgrade to RCN in September including DTA

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r284...29977101597132

Quote:
[TiVo] TiVo Update 20.2.2.3 ALL Markets..

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been traveling and on vacation for a bit and haven't been checking in here as much as I would like to, however, I wanted to give a quick update on the TiVo Front and communicate that we have pushed out a patch to your TiVo's over the last few weeks.

Right now we are wrapping up Chicago which will complete our TiVo Upgrades. This update has a number of under the hood enhancement and bug fixes. There is no UI changes but several fixes to on-going issues such as. :

TiVo's going into a Service Level A issue and thinking they are in-active.

Bug that was causing TiVo's to reboot spontaneously.

Customers with two or more premieres that had MRS turned off still got the option to PLAY content from the other TiVo Premiere. (V123) Error

And there was some other bugs that were affecting us when we staged them in the warehouses.

This will complete the upgrades until around september when we will be tracking another upgrade for the TiVo Population. That upgrade will have a lot of enhancements around MultiRoom and around the way a tuner is allocated for use with the Mini.

I hope all is well.

Jason Nealis
V.P. Engineering / Operations
RCN

sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

In the recent past, hasn't RCN received the latest updates after the retail general release?

Edit: yes I see they are still behind the retail release, so I would assume based on the pattern the Retail units should get DTA before RCN.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
In the recent past, hasn't RCN received the latest updates after the retail general release?

Edit: yes I see they are still behind the retail release, so I would assume based on the pattern the Retail units should get DTA before RCN.
Agreed. I would guess a late August release to retail based on this revelation from Jason.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Saxion
Substantive Member

Thanks Sam for digging this up and posting it here!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxion View Post
Thanks Sam for digging this up and posting it here!
No problem... Based on the lack of enthusiasm to my enthusiasm from the community I guess I should change the title of the thread...

This is good news if TiVo can really get DTA rolled out in the coming weeks.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
BigJimOutlaw

Great news.

Sam, lol, we are a fickle bunch, aren't we? DTA is already somewhat being taken for granted as "coming soon" while we're now distracted by the new shiny object called the Series 5.

I see it as great news. This fall is turning out to be pretty big... what I'd consider to be Tivo's lineup of products finally running on all cylinders for the first time in a long time. DTA, powerful DVRs, possibly integrated stream, and maybe Android Stream support. It should be pretty cool.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Philmatic

Yep, 6-tuners and DTA with integrated stream support would be outstanding!
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
innocentfreak

I keep reading DTA as digital tuning adapter so that might be why.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I keep reading DTA as digital tuning adapter so that might be why.
I suppose that I interpreted the following statement, "That upgrade will have a lot of enhancements around MultiRoom and around the way a tuner is allocated for use with the Mini" to mean Dynamic Tuner Allocation... perhaps they've done something different and we won't have true DTA... who knows. Regardless, I'm pretty excited about the amount of new stuff we'll have to play with this fall.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
I suppose that I interpreted the following statement, "That upgrade will have a lot of enhancements around MultiRoom and around the way a tuner is allocated for use with the Mini" to mean Dynamic Tuner Allocation... perhaps they've done something different and we won't have true DTA... who knows. Regardless, I'm pretty excited about the amount of new stuff we'll have to play with this fall.
No, you're probably right, that does sound like what they're referring to.

However, the problem is that this thread never spelled out what was being referred to by the initialism "DTA." For me, the first thing I think of when I hear DTA is Digital Transport Adapter, not Dynamic Tuner Allocation. That confusion about what DTA stands for (in this thread) could be why there isn't more interest.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
innocentfreak

LoadStar is correct. I know DTA is talking about Dynamic Tuning Allocation, but it isn't the first thing that pops in my head when I read DTA.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #12
celtic pride

LOL I was just about to ask what the heck is DTA? and why do you guys think we all know what it means, after all ,much as i hate to admit it some of you guys are smarter than people like me
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
Bigg

Just in time for the fall TV season! It will be much appreciated here, as we go from one to three TiVo Mini's, and 3 to 4 people as the fall season looms a month away!

EDIT: Capitalization
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Fingers crossed!

But still skeptical lol.......
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212