TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
mrbookend

Mark Recorded Show as "Watched"

Is there a way to mark or indicate a recorded show as "Watched"?

Situation: My wife is away often and uses Slingbox to watch recorded shows that we both enjoy watching. The issue is that we don't know if the other has watched the show so we can delete.

Thanks in advance for any help or to let me know if I should enter this into suggestions.

mrbookend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

What model do you have? All newer generations have this functionality.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
cjgadd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Please explain this to me. I too would like this feature on my Roamio Plus.

cjgadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
No they don't. The latest TiVo software may have "Watched Progress" bars, but that's not the same as a show being "Marked as Watched."

For the purposes of the OP, yes, two people could communicate some process whereby they would always jump to the end of a show when they want to indicate it's been "watched," pretty much filling-up the progress bar, and the second viewer, seeing the full progress bar when they begin viewing, could simply delete the episode when they've finished watching it. But the flaky nature of the progress bars could result in fully-viewed shows seemingly being unwatched or, worse, shows only partially viewed being deleted (because the initial viewer fell asleep during playback and the program ran to its end).

The only proper solution, and it would work for multiple users, is TiVo adding user profiles, so any individual user can delete content from their view without affecting other users; and a given show could be automatically deleted from the system once it's been deleted from all user views. (lather, rinse, repeat)

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
pfiagra

One less-than-ideal option would be to make sure the shows you both want to watch are recorded as "Keep Until I Delete". These would show up then with the green circle icon.

After the first one of you watches the show, manually change the show from KUID to "Keep through [date]", which changes the icon to the blue (or possibly yellow) circle.

If you go to watch the show and see that it has the blue (or yellow) circle icon, then you can safely delete it knowing your significant other has already seen it.

The downside for this approach includes potentially having too many KUID recordings that either fill up your capacity or potentially missing new recordings (depending on your OnePass settings). It could also be problematic if the second person doesn't watch the show in a timely manner such that it gets deleted and becomes unrecoverable before being watched.

Premiere 320GB: 2012-2015
Premiere 500GB: 2014-2014
Premiere 320GB: 2014-2014
Premiere 320GB: 2013-2013
Series 2 DT: 2007-2012
pfiagra is offline   Reply With Quote