TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
robm15

Transfer $6.95 plan to Premiere 4?

I have a Premiere on the $6.95 plan, and am considering upgrading to a Premiere 4 so i can add a mini to a spare bedroom.

Before I buy a new Premiere 4 from Amazon.com, I was curious if anyone has recently been able to transfer to the TSN for a Premiere on this plan to a newer model?

I saw several older threads from 2009 and earlier and know it could be done in the past but policies change.

Thank you
robm15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

It's not written in stone, when the XL4 came out they would not transfer the $6.95 to it, but after about 6 months they backed down and there are now reports of folks being able to do it, so I'd consider the odds in your favor.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
robm15

Thank you, I did just log into the TiVo.com website and visited the page for transferring TSN's. After selecting the TSN I want to change, it took me to the next page where it appears I can enter a new TSN and submit it. Not proof I'll have success, but it is close.
robm15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I would not go so far as to say the odds are in your favor. At best, I'd say the odds are now not entirely against you.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
news4me2

I currently have a $99 annual plan for a Premiere that expires next week. Since I have been paying this fee for the past 3 years I wanted to see if TiVo had any special discounts I could use towards Lifetime service. So, I called into TiVo Sales & Retention and was told I could keep the same plan on that system or they could offer me 2 new options-

1- Buy a new 4 tuner Premiere at normal cost and transfer the existing $99 annual Premiere subscription to it. (my original TiVo would then go out of service).

2- Buy any new Premiere (2 or 4 tuner) at normal cost, along with Lifetime Subscription, and they will discount an additional $100 from the Subscription fee (and I could opt to keep my existing Premiere and $99 annual service). Since I already have multiple TiVo's, this $100 discount would actually lower the new Lifetime Service Plan to $299.99.

I asked if they would allow me to apply the 2nd option for a system I purchased somewhere else... No- they will only allow these options on systems purchased directly from TiVo.

I was also told that TiVo will only offer these options until the end of July.
news4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
roachjl

I had a 6.99 service plan who h I switched to an XL4. This was part of a promotion that ended on June 28
Before the promo came out, i was told, that I could switch the grandfathered plan to the new unit as long as I paid full price from Tivo, no refurb, no discounts. I think 499 bucks.
Give them a call and see what they can work out for you.
roachjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
Shanezam203

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
It's not written in stone, when the XL4 came out they would not transfer the $6.95 to it, but after about 6 months they backed down and there are now reports of folks being able to do it, so I'd consider the odds in your favor.
They waived the $99 fee for me to transfer my $6.95 from Premiere to XL4. Box was $399.
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote