TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #121
dwit

"Pending Restart" showing for my Tivo HD. Not really concerned to much to even restart right now, from what I'm reading here.

The patch has been working fine for transfers.

Edit: Restarted by itself over night to reflect the update.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.

Last edited by dwit : 09-07-2013 at 06:41 AM.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #122
wtkflhn

I was one of the first to get the upgrade on one TIVO. The other 2 got updated yesterday. So far, no problems. But then, I wasn't really expecting any.
wtkflhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #123
teasip

Made it to N. Texas this morning for my TiVoHD.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #124
morac
Cat God

My OLED has 11.0m as well.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #125
dougdingle
HD Tech

M update breaks adding season passes

Both my S3 OLEDs got the M update, and now adding Season Passes does not work correctly.

The Pass adds on OK, shows up, but nothing is scheduled to record, the pending programs don't show up in the to do list, and while looking at the pass contents shows all the programs coming up, none of them are marked for recording.

ANNOYING!
dougdingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #126
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdingle View Post
Both my S3 OLEDs got the M update, and now adding Season Passes does not work correctly.

The Pass adds on OK, shows up, but nothing is scheduled to record, the pending programs don't show up in the to do list, and while looking at the pass contents shows all the programs coming up, none of them are marked for recording.

ANNOYING!
Doug, thanks for posting this info.

My 648250, as of 8 Sept 2013, shows the "m" update, but I have not set any season passes yet.
Another thing to add to my to do list at the top!
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #127
dougdingle
HD Tech

Called tech support, there are "scattered reports" of the issue, although supposedly the 'underlying cause' is that they broke the search feature according to the person with whom I spoke.

Season Passes are the big feature, having them break like that is pretty damn sloppy.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #128
dwit

Quote:

ANNOYING!
Must be an S3 oled thing.

My TivoHD received the update and subsequent new Season Passes work as expected. At least as far as reflecting in the To Do list and showing check marks in the upcoming programs.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #129
sfhub

Quote:

My S3 OLED units have had M for about a month. No issues I've noticed but wasn't specifically looking for them.

I went and did what you described
  • added a new Season Pass
  • went to the todo list
  • verified new episode of show was scheduled to record
  • verified old episodes of show were not scheduled to record

Is there anything else I should be doing to duplicate the issue you describe?
sfhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #130
dougdingle
HD Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
My S3 OLED units have had M for about a month. No issues I've noticed but wasn't specifically looking for them.

I went and did what you described
  • added a new Season Pass
  • went to the todo list
  • verified new episode of show was scheduled to record
  • verified old episodes of show were not scheduled to record

Is there anything else I should be doing to duplicate the issue you describe?
No, that's it. When I do exactly as you described, the Pass is added to the Pass list, but the todo list shows nothing of what was just added, and none of the upcoming shows are scheduled to record. When I go to record one manually, it asks me if I ALSO want to record that episode like it normally would, and the manual recording is added to the to do list. How weird!

TiVo support person did say I was not the only one with the issue, otherwise I would suspect I'm losing it...
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #131
sfhub

Quote:
TiVo support person did say I was not the only one with the issue, otherwise I would suspect I'm losing it...
I wonder if it has to do with which guide data you are getting corresponding to your video source. At this time, that's the only other potential difference that comes up off the top of my head.

I'm using Comcast cable.

I have 2 units and both are doing what is expected w/r/t season passes and I've verified they've recently recorded shows (and have scheduled shows in the todo list) for season passes created after the M update. I think you mentioned that pre-existing season passes (created prior to M) were doing the right thing for you, but I went ahead and verified those have shows scheduled and have done the actual recording.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #132
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Restart. (Yes I know it had to restart to get 11.0m but it never hurts.)

In Phone & Network, is it showing successful mother ship connections within the last 30 hrs? If not, force a connection and see if it succeeds.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #133
dougdingle
HD Tech

Not a TiVo problem, a guide issue

My reporting of the problem was incorrect and premature. My apologies to all. This is a guide issue.

What happened was, I selected a new program to get a Pass for, but despite there being no "R" in the description, the guide had the original air date as last year (that was inaccurate). So it thought they were all reruns, and didn't tag any of them.

I then tried another program to get a Pass for as a test, and IT HAD THE SAME GUIDE ERROR, with the same results. So I thought it was an introduced bug with the M update.

Again, apologies for pushing the panic button early.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #134
wtkflhn

Quote:
My reporting of the problem was incorrect and premature. My apologies to all. This is a guide issue.

What happened was, I selected a new program to get a Pass for, but despite there being no "R" in the description, the guide had the original air date as last year (that was inaccurate). So it thought they were all reruns, and didn't tag any of them.

I then tried another program to get a Pass for as a test, and IT HAD THE SAME GUIDE ERROR, with the same results. So I thought it was an introduced bug with the M update.

Thanks for fessing up!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #135
Teeps

Quote:

Takes brass hanging attachments to admit when your wrong,
Or,
don't know.

I will remove "it" from the to do list and reorder as necessary...
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #136
buscuitboy

I have a Series 3 (OLED) with the 11.0k version of software and it hasn't gotten the 11.0m version just yet. If I do get the 'm' update and then the drive fails on me (or I even upgrade it to a larger capacity) and I put in a totally new drive with an older image, will I be back to the 11.0k version of software? Or is there something in the update that also flashes the motherboard with some sort of firmware as well?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #137
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
I have a Series 3 (OLED) with the 11.0k version of software and it hasn't gotten the 11.0m version just yet. If I do get the 'm' update and then the drive fails on me (or I even upgrade it to a larger capacity) and I put in a totally new drive with an older image, will I be back to the 11.0k version of software? Or is there something in the update that also flashes the motherboard with some sort of firmware as well?
You will be at the version of the image you use to update/upgrade. If you use an image of your current OS you will remain at 11.0k or 11.0m as the case may be. OS updates do nothing to the mainboard..
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #138
unitron

Quote:
Once you get "m", you can pull the drive and make a backup image, and it'll be "m".

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #139
wtkflhn

Quote:
I'm gonna stick my neck out here, and say if you just replace the drive (like from weaknees or somewhere), and it has the 11.0k, you will get the "m" update, but it may take some time for it to happen.

Don H
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #140
sfhub

As previous folks mentioned everything is contained on the disk.

Also my experience is once your number gets "picked" for 11.0m, you will automatically get it without any waiting period if you switch to a disk/image with an older version.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #141
cassiusdrow

Tivo has added 11.0m to their version numbers here: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/311
S2 240, 500GB
All Lifetime
Cable:

NAS:
cassiusdrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #142
wood252ota

To anyone with a Tivo HD, are you still running the 11.0k build or have you been upgraded to 11.0m. Thanks
wood252ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #143
wtkflhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood252ota View Post
To anyone with a Tivo HD, are you still running the 11.0k build or have you been upgraded to 11.0m. Thanks
Yes. I have 2 TIVO HD's and they were upgraded months ago. If your's haven't been, I would call TIVO service reps to find out why. Maybe they can push it to you some way.

Don H.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #144
wood252ota

Don H.
Thanks for the response. The only other person I know with a HD was also at 11.0m. I was curious if there were others who were upgraded. Guess they forgot about me :-(
wood252ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #145
wtkflhn

Quote:
Don H.
Thanks for the response. The only other person I know with a HD was also at 11.0m. I was curious if there were others who were upgraded. Guess they forgot about me :-(
So did you get the upgrade?
Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 AM   #146
steve614
what ru lookin at?

This really isn't something to fret over. The only thing 11.0m did was correct the Tivo Desktop expired certificate error.
If you don't use MRV or TiVoToGo, this won't even affect you.

Having said that, I am curious how someone can go this long without getting updated when the updates are supposed to be automatic.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #147
spocko
TiVo HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
This really isn't something to fret over. The only thing 11.0m did was correct the Tivo Desktop expired certificate error.
If you don't use MRV or TiVoToGo, this won't even affect you.
That is true, however some services like Tivo Search and the Video on Demand menu may also stop working if you aren't on the current firmware.
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #148
scoopj

Quote:
Apparently I'm running a later version than 11.0m, which is supposed to be the latest? My version is 11.3b7, which I (think) was just upgraded this week. And now my VOD isn't working...just goes back to the TiVo Central menu.
scoopj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #149
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopj View Post
Apparently I'm running a later version than 11.0m, which is supposed to be the latest? My version is 11.3b7, which I (think) was just upgraded this week. And now my VOD isn't working...just goes back to the TiVo Central menu.
You're not a US-based user are you? this discussion is centered around the US released software, 11.3 is NZ isn't it?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #150
scoopj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
You're not a US-based user are you? this discussion is centered around the US released software, 11.3 is NZ isn't it?
Yes, I'm in the US, just south of Boston.
scoopj is offline   Reply With Quote