Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 AM   #31
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
See, I think they were going to try to do something. They just suffered from premature xeroformation. Perhaps their intentions were benevolent and their plan for immigration/change/peace/coexiste ce was good, and they were just upset by whatever blew up their ships, and is attacking earth now. Common enemy?

(I've only watched a few minutes of the premier, downloaded from amazon)
What seems to have happened is they came here thinking the place was empty, and planning to terraform it (or whatever word you want to use). They found us instead, and tried to get along with us. Which isn't always easy to do. In the middle of all that, some of their ships exploded, and the terraforming happened as a result. They blamed us, we blamed them, and a war started. What we're seeing if the aftermath of the war. (Who blew us the ships remains an open question.)

But now, nobody is "attacking the Earth." Humans and aliens (various varieties), plus creatures that resulted from the terraforming, all live here, and coexist about as peacefully as humans do on our own...which is to say, sometimes yes, sometimes kill them all and let God sort them out, and most times somewhere in between. And in each of the three main species (humans and two aliens), there are some that hate each other, some that literally love each other, and most somewhere in between.