TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
brianric

Survivor - Gloves Come Off - OAD 11-27-13

Surprised I'm the first post. I can't understand why people forgo the immunity challenge for food, especially Tyson. He blew a chance at winning immunity, and ended up giving up his immunity idol away when he thought he was vulnerable. Ciera is the only one I could understand opting for food, as she stood no chance of winning.

Dalton's blog: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...er-episode-11/
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
stellie93

I wonder why Tyson decided to believe Ciera instead of the guys? Maybe just because he thinks his chances are better against her in the end. I don't know--if she got to the finals I can hear her saying, "I knew I had to vote my mother out and then I took on the men, and here I am."
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought the food vs challenge thing interesting. I am sorry that Caleb was voted off and wish it had been Ciera. Tyson did bug me by throwing the chicken bones over his shoulder like a slob.

I was thinking before Caleb and Hayden talked to Ciera that Monica would have been a better choice. But, then was went on to think that actually both Monica and Ciera have been showing unusual loyalty to that first alliance with Tyson. Monica may not have switched either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think Caleb and Hayden should have went to Monica and tell her that she needs to open her eyes that she's number 4 in her alliance and then guarantee her top 3 with them.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I liked Caleb, but knowing that Colton would get to share in any winnings makes me glad he is gone.

Tyson was loco this episode. So comfortable that he sat out on the challenge, but then panicked and played his idol - and got no votes. If history proves anything, his alliance members won't be too happy that he hid an idol from them.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Tyson should be in Big Trouble now. He played an idol no one knew he had and Hayden gets his worst fears confirmed. He really, really should have sat on that idol another couple days.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Jayjoans

I was hoping that Tyson was just faking when he reached into his bag, I thought he might dump everything out and then say "gee, I guess I don't have an idol". He's clever enough to do that, and it seemed theatrical enough that that was where he was going.

Too bad that not only did he waste it, he enlarged the target on his back. No doubt that his alliance will be negatively affected by him hiding it, and by using it shows them that he didn't trust their word not to vote for him.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
bryhamm
randomize

If hayden is smart he should be able to use Tyson's hii play to swing Monica over

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #9
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I was thinking before Caleb and Hayden talked to Ciera that Monica would have been a better choice. But, then was went on to think that actually both Monica and Ciera have been showing unusual loyalty to that first alliance with Tyson. Monica may not have switched either.
Yeah, but then Monica just would have been lowest on the totem with a different alliance. There was absolutely no incentive for her to switch.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I was shocked Tyson played his idol after all the wrangling he did. He had to know it was between Caleb and Ciera.

And I was also shocked Ciera survived after being so obvious with her betrayal of Hayden and Caleb. Why didn't she keep meeting with them and make them think she was on board with them the whole time? Usually when someone becomes such an obvious swing vote, they get whacked themselves.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
hairyblue
A good Man

I'm sorry to see Caleb voted out. I think they would have had better luck with Monica. Caleb and Hayden could have just pointed out that she was the only one that care enough to play. I think she was tricked by Tyson on a past season so I am sure it wouldn't take much to sway her.

Tyson made a huge mistake playing the Idol. This showed he didn't trust any of them enough to share knowledge of the Idol. And that he didn't trust his alliance enough to not play the Idol. I see King Tyson falling next week...if the players are smart.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
pmyers

Tyson and Gervase were cracking me up during the challenge. Loved Tyson chucking the bones over his shoulder. Not a good game move, but loved it as a fan.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
Yeah, but then Monica just would have been lowest on the totem with a different alliance. There was absolutely no incentive for her to switch.
That's often the case. Someone realizes they are at the bottom of their alliance and switch alliances only to find themselves on the bottom of THAT alliance.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Tyson and Gervase were cracking me up during the challenge. Loved Tyson chucking the bones over his shoulder. Not a good game move, but loved it as a fan.
I had the opposite reaction, Tyson as a PIG.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #15
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'm very annoyed at CBS for playing promos during football that totally spoil the next episode...
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I'm very annoyed at CBS for playing promos during football that totally spoil the next episode...
I'm with you. I see them flash by as I'm FFF'ing. My wife wants me to stop so she can see them, but I won't do that any more.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #17
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I agree. They are showing a HUGE spoiler.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
I would agree IF they weren't out in the middle of nowhere.

a.k.a. Hey, ants gotta eat too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #19
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I would agree IF they weren't out in the middle of nowhere.

a.k.a. Hey, ants gotta eat too.
IMO you're OCD if you can't chuck chicken bones over your shoulder in the middle of the jungle (or wherever in the middle of nowhere they are).
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #20
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
How about him and Gervase eating that bread "Lady and the Tramp" style? LOL
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
nmiller855

I'm starting to get really annoyed at Tyson. First he declares that he is going to eat as much as possible then sets out to do it. Next he is seen stuffing 2 hot dogs at once in his mouth. Last episode, sitting out the challenge to once again stuff his face then how pompous he was to toss the chicken bone over his shoulder just put him over the top for me. I hope he goes to redemption island this week then loses the first challenge and goes to sit on the jury.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #22
gweempose

I disagree that Tyson made a mistake playing the idol. It can only be looked at as a mistake after the fact. At the time, he had no choice but to play it. Sure, he may have felt like he was 99% safe, but if he even had the slightest inkling that Ciera might be lying to him, he simply had to play the idol. The last thing you ever want to happen is to be blindsided with the idol in your pocket (or in Tyson's case bag).

Tyson's huge mistake was not playing in the immunity challenge. I simply can't fathom why he chose to eat the food instead. At the very least, he should have said something like, "Unfortunately, I have to sit this one out, Jeff. My shoulder is already killing me. This challenge could knock me out for the rest of the game." At least this way he wouldn't have looked like such a ******bag to everyone else. Tyson has been playing great this season, and I'm still rooting for him, but this was a terrible move on his part.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
IMO you're OCD if you can't chuck chicken bones over your shoulder in the middle of the jungle (or wherever in the middle of nowhere they are).
Normally I would agree with you, except their basic needs are being provided for by CBS, unless you happen believe that chickens self roast themselves for people to eat.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #24
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Tyson's huge mistake was not playing in the immunity challenge. I simply can't fathom why he chose to eat the food instead. At the very least, he should have said something like, "Unfortunately, I have to sit this one out, Jeff. My shoulder is already killing me. This challenge could knock me out for the rest of the game." At least this way he wouldn't have looked like such a ******bag to everyone else.
This
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I've been rooting for Tyson. I think he was playing a brilliant game until the last couple of weeks. But it seems he's either gotten too cocky, or lost some perspective, or something, because he's certainly not been as savvy the last couple episodes about how his actions will affect his standing with the other players in the game.

I don't have any issue with him stuffing two hot dogs in his mouth at once, or throwing chicken bones over his shoulder. But I do think it was reckless to sit out of the immunity challenge and for him to play the immunity idol in that manner, and especially for him to be scheming with Ciera so obviously rather than having Ciera go back to Caleb and Hayden and act like she was playing along with them.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #26
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I've been rooting for Tyson. I think he was playing a brilliant game until the last couple of weeks. But it seems he's either gotten too cocky, or lost some perspective, or something, because he's certainly not been as savvy the last couple episodes about how his actions will affect his standing with the other players in the game.

I don't have any issue with him stuffing two hot dogs in his mouth at once, or throwing chicken bones over his shoulder. But I do think it was reckless to sit out of the immunity challenge and for him to play the immunity idol in that manner, and especially for him to be scheming with Ciera so obviously rather than having Ciera go back to Caleb and Hayden and act like she was playing along with them.
Tyson has been one of the few players who has found the HII and kept his mouth shut about it, which is a very good thing . . . up to a point.

How do you think Gervaise will react back at camp after finding out Tyson didn't trust him with this information? Will it be enough to make him decide that it is time to get rid of Tyson?

Now would be a great time. The HII has been played. Even if they put it back in play, you would have to be Russell Hantz to find it before the next Tribal without any clues.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I agree. They are showing a HUGE spoiler.
I know. This seems to be what CBS has been doing for their three major reality games. I think they have been producing these shows more like serial dramas recently than games. Much like coming attractions on a serial show, they give you a good idea what is going to happen next. When we watch a game, generally we don't want to be spoiled at all. This weeks spoiler is REALLY huge.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Luckily I haven't seen any promos for this week's episode, and I have no CBS shows that I will be watching bewteen now and then, so I should remain spoiler free.

Having said that, if the spoiler is for some kind of development in the game (Switch, Merge, injury evacuation, etc.) then CBS has always promoted those and never been too worried about spoilers. But if the purported spoiler seems to be showing who will be voted off, CBS is pretty good about making those misleading.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Luckily I haven't seen any promos for this week's episode, and I have no CBS shows that I will be watching bewteen now and then, so I should remain spoiler free.

Having said that, if the spoiler is for some kind of development in the game (Switch, Merge, injury evacuation, etc.) then CBS has always promoted those and never been too worried about spoilers. But if the purported spoiler seems to be showing who will be voted off, CBS is pretty good about making those misleading.

It's difficult to comment if you don't know what the spoiler is. The spoiler is big and is in no way misleading. They absolutely show you what happens.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #30
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
It's difficult to comment if you don't know what the spoiler is. The spoiler is big and is in no way misleading. They absolutely show you what happens.
Well they don't show you the end result.