TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #31
mike cip

I'm back to comcast from fios. Won't switch again to fios. 2 tivos on moca and kids love the on demand free tv shows and movies. We never pay per view but missed the on demand and service that comcast provides. Picture is just as good as fios. Internet is faster on comcast, and comcast costs less than fios with top tier premium channels included. Plus like having local comcast office if a cable card goes out.
mike cip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #32
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I know it depends on the area, but in mine there is an obvious difference. Anytime there is a fast pan, fast movement, or bright flash, the Comcast picture will break up like crazy. Of course you still have some issues with the FiOS picture, but nothing like what happens on Comcast around here. When the video is over compressed you get more blocking artifacts. And when my 75+ year old mom can even notice the difference, it is very obvious.
Definitely dependent on area, because I don't see this with Comcast here. There are certain channels subject to this (NBC and NBCSN, mainly) but I think the source is at fault here, not Comcast, because you see the same effects with NBC OTA. Comcast pic quality is excellent in my area.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
JWhites

I have to agree with slowbiscuit here. Bad source always gives a bad experience.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #34
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Ok we can agree to disagree then. people on DSLreports in philly that switch back and forth see no difference
That's not objective evidence. I'd like to see file size comparisons off the two services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike cip View Post
I'm back to comcast from fios. Won't switch again to fios. 2 tivos on moca and kids love the on demand free tv shows and movies. We never pay per view but missed the on demand and service that comcast provides. Picture is just as good as fios. Internet is faster on comcast, and comcast costs less than fios with top tier premium channels included. Plus like having local comcast office if a cable card goes out.
50/10 != 75/35.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote