TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #31
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I could not help but laugh at the silly bucket brigade. Tossing water into the doorway of the house. And only the doorway. Went about two feet inside. Like that's gonna do something.

"Hank" is catching on to Barbie a lot more quickly than he did to Heisenberg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #32
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post

The dumbest part is the girl. Nutso boy tells her he is holding her until she acts like his girlfriend again and she immediately tells him she never loved him and will never be his girlfriend. Jeez. Just act nice and get the hell out, dummy.
No longer sympathetic towards her.

The new self-appointed (?) sheriff is a bad-azz.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #33
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post

The Dome "does not come down".

It appears simultaneously, EVERYWHERE. It's the only thing that makes logical sense.
Why. I can think of logical reasons for either option.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #34
mrdbdigital
Nano-Bot Advocate

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
This show is poorly constructed, poorly acted and not thought out at all. But it is fun to watch for some reason. Maybe because it is bad.
Sounds like Revolution.
mrdbdigital is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
Bob Coxner

I may have been spoiled by the book but I thought episode 2 was a disappointment compared to number 1. It's good vs evil and in this version the good aren't as good as they are in the book and the evil are *far* less evil (so far). That gave you a strong rooting interest in the book but I'm not getting it as much in the series. I'm also noticing that, unlike the book, they are avoiding angering the religious right. Can't lose those ratings. :-)

I also agree the acting isn't the best.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #36
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Not good with remembering names. Who is "Hank" and who is Heisenberg.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #37
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

These people are not behaving like real people would. If a major snowstorm is predicted people run to supermarkets to stock up on the basics. Knowing that nothing is going to be delivered from the outside, the stores should already be empty of bread, eggs, milk and cereal.
After hurricane Sandy, power was lost for weeks in some places and finding a gas station with power was difficult resulting in lines that stretched for blocks at the few stations that were open. You drove as little as possible. Here there are no gas lines (are any stations open?) If there are no gas stations open people should do more biking than driving.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #38
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

The girl trapped in the bomb shelter. How long will it be before someone reports her missing?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #39
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
Not good with remembering names. Who is "Hank" and who is Heisenberg.
"Hank" is the mayor. He plays a DEA agent (Hank) in Breaking Bad, and Heisenberg is his white whale.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #40
rahnbo

Quote:
I could not help but laugh at the silly bucket brigade. Tossing water into the doorway of the house. And only the doorway. Went about two feet inside. Like that's gonna do something.

"Grab your hoses!"
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #41
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post

"Grab your hoses!"
Don't get me started on that one.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #42
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
The girl trapped in the bomb shelter. How long will it be before someone reports her missing?
Her little brother is the kid that was trying to map out the perimeter. Their parent(s) went to some other town for something or other before the dome appeared.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #43
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuxa View Post
The fact they could write messages to the people outside the dome folks is lost.
Who's outside the dome to write messages to? I'm assuming that the military isn't letting anybody - family, news media, etc., near it.
All we've been shown are armed guards. And a couple scientists (or were they military, too?) squirting it with a hose. And they pointed out this episode that the guards are ignoring them.

Quote:
As far as the OTD folks not speaking to them is a silly contrivance to help the plot or my bet is the people OTD can't see inside.
I thought the scene with the water hose was weird... the kid didn't bother to show the guys on the outside his wet hand, and the guys on the outside took no notice of the the kid holding up his hand to feel the water.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #44
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Still wonder what could possibly be up with all the propane that the politician and minister are trying so hard to keep secret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
I thought that they had made it clear that they were manufacturing drugs or did I miss something?
Yes. Big Jim throws the reverend up against the wall and says "You're high as a kite. You're using our product."

Quote:
For those that were concerned, they did show that the dome goes down as well,
I don't know why people are debating the fact that the dome comes down from above. If it just appeared or came up from the ground, it wouldn't have been first visible above the cows and there wouldn't have been a big thud as it hit the ground and threw up a cloud of dust. If that's not enough the metal roof of the barn that was sliced wouldn't be bent down toward the dome on each side.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #45
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
Her little brother is the kid that was trying to map out the perimeter. Their parent(s) went to some other town for something or other before the dome appeared.
I thought he was asking how long it would be before someone reports her missing? not about who her relatives are.

I'd say that considering that she works at the diner and at the hospital, someone would notice her absence real soon, but Junior could make something up to explain where she is.

Last edited by scandia101 : 07-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.
scandia101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #46
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I still found it entertaining. I was quite surprised that they showed Barbie killing that guy in this episode. I figured that would have been dragged out for a long time and in the end, it would have been where the guy died but he was trying to help him or something like that.
I wouldn't expect that when Barbie Had a phone conversation before he ran off the road where he sounded mad and said something about the buyer showed up and tried hard to renegotiate the deal.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #47
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
"Hank" is the mayor.
I thought he was just a city/town council member. I seem to recall hearing him refer to himself as one. Though I suppose, he could be both and I just missed that he is also the mayor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #48
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
I thought he was just a city/town council member. I seem to recall hearing him refer to himself as one. Though I suppose, he could be both and I just missed that he is also the mayor.
He is a council member but with every other elected official out of town, I'm guessing he's the acting mayor.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #49
rahnbo

Quote:
He said in E1 that he's running for mayor and was even doing a little campaigning and in E2 that he is the only council member left.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #50
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Wait, so this isn't a mini-series? I thought it was all going to be wrapped up this summer. I might be out if this is going to go on and on and end up dying with no closure.
CBS has been very coy about not saying it's a mini-series, and even the creator/showrunners have said
Spoiler:
they have a potential way to keep the show going after 1 season

Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #51
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

The dumbest part is the girl. Nutso boy tells her he is holding her until she acts like his girlfriend again and she immediately tells him she never loved him and will never be his girlfriend. Jeez. Just act nice and get the hell out, dummy.
I considered (but dismissed) the possibility that we were seeing that moment from his warped POV; in other words, that she wasn't really egging him on like that, he was just perceiving that she was. But I don't think this show is quite that creative. It's more a what-you-see-is-what-you-get.

Quote:

[Re: Breaking Bad]
Spoiler:
Im not the spoiler police, but if I was catching up on Breaking Bad and read your comment, I'd not be too happy - it implies that Hank has in fact caught on to Heisenberg, which is a BB spoiler in a non-BB thread.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #52
cheesesteak
Meh.

Anybody else roll their eyes when Barbie told hot redhead that he found his dog tags right where he left them on the bathroom mirror (or wherever he said). He had the whole town and the woods to choose from but that brainiac picked the one place she would have noticed.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #53
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Anybody else roll their eyes
I think I sprained my eyes from rolling them so much. Fun show, but the stupid abounds.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #54
nickels
opinionated dope

I was disappointed that the show's effect team had a perfect chance to wow us with the appearance of smoke trapped in the dome (house fire) and they didn't show it. The OTD folks spraying water on the dome made no sense as without the kid touching that spot from the inside they'd have no way of knowing if it worked or not.

PS - you use propane to make Meth. They must have been mass producing and selling it to get money for the town.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #55
purwater
I make tasty water

I wish someone would tell them that having that generator inside the back room of the bar/restaurant is probably not a great idea for their long term health.
purwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #56
danterner
Not it!

It's a good thing for Joe (the smart kid) that the liquid being sprayed on the dome by the guys in protective suits was water. He could easily have wound up with a palm of hydrochloric acid or something if they were trying corrosive agents on the dome.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #57
sharkster

Agree that it was a stupid move for Barbie to say dog tags were on mirror. Of course she would have seen them, had they been there. I guess they are setting him up for when somebody starts figuring him out.

Also agree that the Junior plot with the girl locked up is pretty bad but I see it as a way to have a nemesis for Barbie and that's about it.

I did not realize that the propane thing was about manufacturing drugs. I'm still trying to figure this out (NOT having read the book) and figured it was just about them knowing something about the dome ahead of time and just bogarting a bunch of fuel.

I also didn't even realize that the people on the outside couldn't see in. That makes some stuff make more sense now. d'oh! I re-watched E01 last night before watching E02 and that helped some (lot of stuff going on!). I found that I really missed some stuff (or forgot it) from having watched E01 last week.

Knowing, going in, that the guy who plays Barbie is the same guy who plays the older brother on Bates Motel, I'm surprised that he really looks different. I'm having to work at not trying to 'see' him as the Bates Motel guy.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #58
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Anybody else roll their eyes when Barbie told hot redhead that he found his dog tags right where he left them on the bathroom mirror (or wherever he said). He had the whole town and the woods to choose from but that brainiac picked the one place she would have noticed.
Intentionally using stupidity to create drama like this drives me nuts. It is one of the main reasons I stop watching borderline interesting shows. I watched this entire episode without using the FF, but I'm not sure I can watch another entire episode. Rachelle Lefevre is hot though...

-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #59
Sromkie
TiVoed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I also didn't even realize that the people on the outside couldn't see in. That makes some stuff make more sense now. d'oh! I re-watched E01 last night before watching E02 and that helped some (lot of stuff going on!). I found that I really missed some stuff (or forgot it) from having watched E01 last week.
As viewers, we have seen into the dome from outside. There's no reason to believe that the military and others can't see inside as well. It's much more likely that they are under orders to not interact. In episode one, we even
saw people trying to talk to each other through the dome (before the military arrived)

Sromkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #60
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Knowing, going in, that the guy who plays Barbie is the same guy who plays the older brother on Bates Motel, I'm surprised that he really looks different. I'm having to work at not trying to 'see' him as the Bates Motel guy.
He looks really different because he didn't play the older brother on Bates Motel; he played Deputy Zack Shelby.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex: