TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
JuanCab

Problem getting TiVo programs on OSX

I am running OS X 10.11.3. While I have TiVo Transfer from Roxio, I hate how it degrades the videos when saved to DVD, so I have been using tivodecode to keep full HD recordings.

Recently, I have been having issues with my approach:
1) When I transfer TiVo programs (using my browser), the subsequent *.TiVo files fail to tivodecode (tivodecode 0.2pre4). I get a "Bus Error: 10". Any ideas what could be causing this? Did TiVo change something in their decryption?

2) I am also having problems downloading TiVo programs with either kmttg or cTiVo, I suspect a possible certificate error causing the https transfers to fail due to a certificate error. Any ideas?

JuanCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
mmmm_beer

I run kmttg on a Mac (10.11.3) and have no issues at all. I am guessing that you may be running an older version of Java which is why you are getting the certificate errors. The latest version of kmttg needs the latest version of Java to work. I have had very few issues transferring files using that method, I tend to encode them for viewing on my iPad or other device, so it is not at full resolution, but you can easily select to not re-encode.

mmmm_beer is offline   Reply With Quote