TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
ClearToLand
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Question ComSkip.ini Tuning Anyone?

I just installed kmttg 2.1j last week and have been experimenting with 2 programs that I've been meaning to play with the past few years - ComSkip and HandBrake.

I'm using "Doc Martin - Rescue Me.ts" as my test file (since the only commercials are before and after the entire show) and the default comskip.ini (fc.exe confirms it's the stock comskip.ini from v0.81.051) correctly marked the before commercial but screwed up on the after so I began researching 'Tuning'. I found:Based upon a quick read of both of the above LINKs, I feel that parameters like 'brightness', 'logos' and 'volume' from #1, along with 'commercial size' from #2 would be places for me to start my simple tuning.

Is anyone currently used a 'Tuned' ComSkip.ini file and willing to post why they changed what they did from the original default comskip.ini file?

Or is anyone aware of a LINK to a good discussion on this topic?

Thanks in advance for any help / tips / etc...

Sonic Blue ReplayTV 5040 (Lifetime) w/1 x 80GB Maxtor 5400RPM
Sonic Blue ReplayTV 5040 (Lifetime) Stock
Now - that exercise was sure educational!!!
ClearToLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
wgoosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post
I just installed kmttg 2.1j last week and have been experimenting with 2 programs that I've been meaning to play with the past few years - ComSkip and HandBrake.

I'm using "Doc Martin - Rescue Me.ts" as my test file (since the only commercials are before and after the entire show) and the default comskip.ini (fc.exe confirms it's the stock comskip.ini from v0.81.051) correctly marked the before commercial but screwed up on the after so I began researching 'Tuning'. I found:Based upon a quick read of both of the above LINKs, I feel that parameters like 'brightness', 'logos' and 'volume' from #1, along with 'commercial size' from #2 would be places for me to start my simple tuning.

Is anyone currently used a 'Tuned' ComSkip.ini file and willing to post why they changed what they did from the original default comskip.ini file?

Or is anyone aware of a LINK to a good discussion on this topic?

Thanks in advance for any help / tips / etc...
I was looking around a while ago because I was having persistent com skip problems using the stock kmttg included version on my Mac. I stumbled across a file that gave recommendations changes geared to North American Cable settings. Comparing them to the stock comskip.ini there were several differences. Sadly, I was so wrapped up in my problems of the moment that I neglected to take note of the files location. I've looked around a bit now and can't find it again but if I find it, I'll post a link. I've wanted to tune the stock on as well but its basically working well enough as it. Just for fun.....

wgoosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Check out the Tuning subforum of the ComSkip forum:
http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/viewforum.php?f=2

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post: