TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,547
Should I finish Prison Break?

I watched seasons 1 and 2 when it originally aired and quit when they ended up in prison again. I just noticed seasons 3 and 4 available on Netflix streaming.

Is it worth the time to finish or should I consider the original prison escape a reasonable 'finale'?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
ct1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,360
Don't go beyond season 2.

Just don't.
ct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
caslu
Registered User
 
caslu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 541
Not really worth the time... it just got more and more ridiculous until the end.
caslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Ilovetorecord2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 297
I thought it was okay. Somewhat interesting.
__________________
Patrick
1 directivosSeries2 HDVR2 6.4a, HR25/200 and R10 directivo
Ilovetorecord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,945
I really tried to watch Season 3 several times on Netflix. It's so awful, I've never made it past the second episode of the season. The first season was so incredible. It was very disappointing that it got so bad.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
I watched seasons 1 and 2 when it originally aired and quit when they ended up in prison again. I just noticed seasons 3 and 4 available on Netflix streaming.

Is it worth the time to finish or should I consider the original prison escape a reasonable 'finale'?
You can, if you're a masochist.

I think it's just better to think that they got away on the boat at the end of Season 2.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1 View Post
Don't go beyond season 2.

Just don't.
This.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!
 
David Platt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,830
TC CLUB MEMBER
I wouldn't have gone past Seaon 1 if I had known better. It's already too late for you, but get out while you can.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
ct1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,360
Season 1 was so great, you just don't see the cliff coming til the show takes the jump.

Take heed of our warnings, or live with regret..
ct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
DeDondeEs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 14,511
They finally ended that show? i stopped watching after season 2.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
They finally ended that show? i stopped watching after season 2.
They ended the show several years ago.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
They ended the show several years ago.
Okay I have to ask you what your sig refers to.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,547
Thanks everyone! I think I'll just save myself hours of free time and look up spoilers.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Thanks everyone! I think I'll just save myself hours of free time and look up spoilers.
I wouldn't even bother to look up the spoilers.

Just imagine that they got away on the boat at the end of Season 2.
Trust me, it's much less aggravating.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #15
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Okay I have to ask you what your sig refers to.
It's a Jenna Maroney line from season 2 of 30 Rock. At the beginning of the season she was very fat because she had to eat pizza all summer long after starring in Mystic Pizza The Musical. Her choices were to either gain a lot of weight or lose a lot of weight. Nothing in between belongs on television.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #16
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 37,004
Thanks for asking this question, Jesda. I watched through S3 and saw the first couple episodes of S4 and then saved the rest because I figured I'd watch it someday. Glad to hear it wasn't worth it. I'll finally dump those episodes and clear up some space.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 26,310
TC CLUB MEMBER
This may get me to watch season one and two. I watched a few of the first episodes, but had other stuff to watch so I dropped it. I may netflix it and watch those two seasons.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
This may get me to watch season one and two. I watched a few of the first episodes, but had other stuff to watch so I dropped it. I may netflix it and watch those two seasons.
As a standalone season, the first season was one of the best shows ever. It was fantastic and I wish they had just ended it after season 1.

Season 2 was still good.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
Zevida
witless and unarmed
 
Zevida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 12,970
Season one of Prison Break was pure awesomeness. Great television.

Season two was pretty entertaining.

Season three I liked, but it was not the same and just a lot of retread.

Season four I gave up in after two episodes.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
Doggie Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 221
I don't disagree that S1 was fantastic, S2 was a drop-off but still good, S3 was kind of a retread of S1 (somewhat salvaged by
Spoiler:
the incredible *you know what* event that got retconned later)
, and S4 was totally unbelievable, even by the standards of the earlier seasons.

Still, I watched all the way to the end, because it had a hypnotic quality to it, along with some enormously entertaining scene-chewings, like:

Spoiler:
* when one of the baddies realized that Scofield had kept a crucial chip and called him, Scofield sneered back, "Come and get it";

* when the General thought that the good guys had only one Scylla key, and then Scofield pulled out his copies, and Sucre leaned over and said, "Suck it, General."


I don't regret buying all four seasons on DVD, although I still haven't bought or seen the Prison Break movie. . . .
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 37,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
I don't disagree that S1 was fantastic, S2 was a drop-off but still good, S3 was kind of a retread of S1 (somewhat salvaged by
Spoiler:
the incredible *you know what* event that got retconned later)
, and S4 was totally unbelievable, even by the standards of the earlier seasons.
Can you spoilerize what you're talking about? I saw S3 and don't have any idea what you're referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
Still, I watched all the way to the end, because it had a hypnotic quality to it, along with some enormously entertaining scene-chewings, like:

Spoiler:
* when one of the baddies realized that Scofield had kept a crucial chip and called him, Scofield sneered back, "Come and get it";

* when the General thought that the good guys had only one Scylla key, and then Scofield pulled out his copies, and Sucre leaned over and said, "Suck it, General."


I don't regret buying all four seasons on DVD, although I still haven't bought or seen the Prison Break movie. . . .
There was a movie?
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #22
Doggie Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 221
For DevdogAZ:

Spoiler:
Although I liked Sara Tancredi's character, I absolutely applauded the writers and producers for having the guts to "kill" her off -- and in such a gory way as cutting her head off and leaving it for Lincoln to find in a box. I thought it was game-changing in terms of giving Michael Scofield a burning motivation to get out of Sona and to exact revenge.

Unfortunately, they undid all of that brazenness with the surprise, "they killed someone else" announcement in S4, so that they could bring Sara back, having worked out the contract issues with Sarah Wayne Callies.


Yes, there was a straight to DVD movie, "Prison Break: The Final Break," that fills in some missing links and the like. If you're really curious, Wikipedia has a detailed summary of the plotline.
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #23
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,496
I don't remember which season they were having to get the electronic lock or lock pick or whatever.. I saw a bunch into that season, then I think stopped watching due to conflicts (or maybe that's when one of my Tivo drives went kablooey). Still meaning to catch up some eon. I'm one of those who *has* gone and watched years old cancelled shows, just to "finish them up". (Still have I think one more disk of Swingtown.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
BradJW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,721
I've actually seen it twice. I watched it when it was on, watched the movie when it came out and sometime last year (I think) I watched all of it back to back to back to back.

Season one was great, but it was all decent, entertaining TV. So yeah, finish it.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
retrodog
King Button Pusher
 
retrodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: At the gun range
Posts: 26,060
Not worth it. Got too repetitive and drawn out. Then had a sucky ending.
__________________
Vegetarians- The #1 preferred food source of carnivores.

Alcohol kills brain cells. But it's only the ones that were annoying the crap out of you anyway.
retrodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,750
As echoed by most here. Season 1 and 2 were worth watching. I quit after about 3 episodes of S3, and didn't bother with 4. YMMV
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 688
In a word, NO
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola
 
KRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 5,856
Reading this makes me glad I bailed around the middle of Season 3.

I still wonder if I should finish Heroes and Lost, two other shows that I gave up on when their plots went to ****.

Of course I am still watching Desperate Housewives. Which is funny because that show has always been fairly mediocre.
__________________
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
For DevdogAZ:

Spoiler:
Although I liked Sara Tancredi's character, I absolutely applauded the writers and producers for having the guts to "kill" her off -- and in such a gory way as cutting her head off and leaving it for Lincoln to find in a box. I thought it was game-changing in terms of giving Michael Scofield a burning motivation to get out of Sona and to exact revenge.

Unfortunately, they undid all of that brazenness with the surprise, "they killed someone else" announcement in S4, so that they could bring Sara back, having worked out the contract issues with Sarah Wayne Callies.


Yes, there was a straight to DVD movie, "Prison Break: The Final Break," that fills in some missing links and the like. If you're really curious, Wikipedia has a detailed summary of the plotline.
Was that movie what I needed to have seen for the last aired episode on Fox, or at least the last part of it, to have not seemed like "Screw the viewers, let's get this thing over with and go make some other show"?
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #30
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Reading this makes me glad I bailed around the middle of Season 3.

I still wonder if I should finish Heroes and Lost, two other shows that I gave up on when their plots went to ****.

Of course I am still watching Desperate Housewives. Which is funny because that show has always been fairly mediocre.
I bailed on DH when the pedophile moved into the neighborhood. No reason other than I was bored with the show.

Maybe I'll finish that too.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |