Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 6.30.13

No Big Bro thread yet?

Still not getting a great feel for the houseguests yet. I'm very confused by the women, as they all seem kind of the same. I think my favorite player so far is Nick. I think he's got his head in the game and will play smart. I figured Candace would be the target this week. She just seems too much of an outsider and that's who always goes first.

I don't know if it's possible, but Rachael's sister might be more annoying than Rachael. When you hear her talk, she makes Rachael seem like a Rhode's Scholar in comparison. She needs to go. She brings no value to the game.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I think it's silly that she really thought keeping her identity a secret would be a good idea. She would have been much better off at the introductions saying that she was Rachel's sister but she's her own person and would like to be treated that way. They look so alike that it's going to come out sometime anyways.

And besides, they've gotta be so bored in there that at some point she'd want to talk about growing up and her siblings.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I know it's too early to say but man is this cast annoying as hell! I feel the problem is too many of them are the same age/mentality.

I liked Rachel and agree her sis should have come clean from the start. And it would be cool if she's the MVP. I would have voted, but when I tried last night it was already closed.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I know it's too early to say but man is this cast annoying as hell! I feel the problem is too many of them are the same age/mentality.

I liked Rachel and agree her sis should have come clean from the start. And it would be cool if she's the MVP. I would have voted, but when I tried last night it was already closed.
Rachel made me quit watching BB for one season, so you can say I can't stand her.

I agree about this cast, and it's especially true of the women. There's like 4 or 5 brunettes that I cannot distinguish between. they all kind of look alike. And, as I said in the last episode thread, maybe I'm old, but you're right, this group al acts the same, like spoiled brats LOL.

I did get a kick out of the one girl in the DR talking about the other girl acting like a high school kid when talking about which guy to go after. But the thing is, I got that vibe from a lot of these people. Maybe that comes with bringing in such a younger group.

I'm still watching, it's only 2 episodes after all, but if the cast remains this annoying and Rachel's sis sticks around too long, I might not last the season.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
Shaunnick

I am enjoying this cast so far, but I have been following the live feeds so all of the HG's are more fleshed out than on TV (obviously).

That being said watching Howard and Judd in the luxury comp was hilarious.

I like that the guys are calling themselves the Moving Company.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Love the Moving Company name.

Also, did anyone notice Dave said he didn't come to win the money, but came for a Showmance? I really think he was serious.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Rachel made me quit watching BB for one season, so you can say I can't stand her.

I agree about this cast, and it's especially true of the women. There's like 4 or 5 brunettes that I cannot distinguish between. they all kind of look alike. And, as I said in the last episode thread, maybe I'm old, but you're right, this group al acts the same, like spoiled brats LOL.

I did get a kick out of the one girl in the DR talking about the other girl acting like a high school kid when talking about which guy to go after. But the thing is, I got that vibe from a lot of these people. Maybe that comes with bringing in such a younger group.

I'm still watching, it's only 2 episodes after all, but if the cast remains this annoying and Rachel's sis sticks around too long, I might not last the season.

Amanda is cracking me up with her DR sessions.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Elissa screwed up by not addressing her Rachel connection. She could have said that she gets told she looks like Rachel and that's why she got selected for the show, but she's not related. Or she could have come clean. Saying nothing is the worst choice.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Jeremy looks like a weird amalgam of Ashton Kutcher, Taylor Lautner, and James Marsters.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Love the Moving Company name.

Also, did anyone notice Dave said he didn't come to win the money, but came for a Showmance? I really think he was serious.
At first I thought they were going for a moving company's name like U-Haul or Ryder.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
At first I thought they were going for a moving company's name like U-Haul or Ryder.
I wouldn't be surprised if they started with that and BB told them to genericize it over advertising concerns.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they started with that and BB told them to genericize it over advertising concerns.
No the clip of the show of them choosing the MC name is correct. UHaul/Ryder is not as good a name, although IF they did choose a trademarked name BB would bring them into DR.

Amanda in the flight attendant suit talking about the Have-not room was great..that was BB's doing tho.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
stellie93

When exactly is the voting for MVP open each week?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Elissa screwed up by not addressing her Rachel connection...Saying nothing is the worst choice.
you're 100% on the money. plus, if you're sure it will be revealed eventually, it's best to get in front of it and own it from the start, so it's not a big deal later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Amanda in the flight attendant suit talking about the Have-not room was great...
my favorite moment in the show, and amanda did a great job pulling it off.

so far i'm liking mccrae, helen, judd, amanda, howard, and nick. i'm not sure about jeremy, elissa, andy, candice, david, jessie or kaitlin.

Spoiler:
the comments made by aaryn, ginamarie, and spencer have disappointed me, and have me wondering if they know they're online 24/7. or if they just don't care.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
you're 100% on the money. plus, if you're sure it will be revealed eventually, it's best to get in front of it and own it from the start, so it's not a big deal later.

so far i'm liking mccrae, helen, judd, amanda, howard, and nick. i'm not sure about jeremy, elissa, andy, candice, david, jessie or kaitlin.

Spoiler:
the comments made by aaryn, ginamarie, and spencer have disappointed me, and have me wondering if they know they're online 24/7. or if they just don't care.
Spoiler:
Concerning the comments, whether they know and don't care or don't realize and are speaking from the heart, my opinion of them remins the same. The sooner they are gone, especially Aaryn who is particularly nasty, the better.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

If I didn't know any better, in some of the shots I'd say that Aaryn could be past houseguest Danielle's sister.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
If I didn't know any better, in some of the shots I'd say that Aaryn could be past houseguest Danielle's sister.
Well they share the whining gene thats for sure.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
Shaunnick

Quote:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Spoiler:
Concerning the comments, whether they know and don't care or don't realize and are speaking from the heart, my opinion of them remins the same. The sooner they are gone, especially Aaryn who is particularly nasty, the better.
I just posted a link about that very topic in the live feed thread. For those of you not following the live feeds, some of the girls are called out in a Huffington Post article for being bigots. I will post the link below in a spoiler if you want to know who it was and what was said.

Spoiler:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/big-brother-racist_n_3529903.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Old 07-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #19
verdugan

Quote:

Spoiler:
I'm 100% with you on your spoiler. I was in shock and disappointed when I read about it.

Last edited by verdugan : 07-01-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Spoiler:
whether they know and don't care or don't realize and are speaking from the heart, my opinion of them remins the same. The sooner they are gone, especially Aaryn who is particularly nasty, the better.
Spoiler:
i agree it doesn't matter, and you're right, they need to be gone asap. i was making the observation they're acting that way and seem to have no problem with it being broadcast over the live feeds. both amazing and disgusting at the same time.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
mattack

So doesn't the tattoo guy sort of look like Rachel's boyfriend (husband?)?

..and I sure hope I'm not mixing up reality shows, but the Spicoli guy saying the ditzy blond was really smart was quite humorous.
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
So doesn't the tattoo guy sort of look like Rachel's boyfriend (husband?)?
Not to me. Rachel's man looks like a dead ringer for Eddie Cibrian to me.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I just posted a link about that very topic in the live feed thread. For those of you not following the live feeds, some of the girls are called out in a Huffington Post article for being bigots. I will post the link below in a spoiler if you want to know who it was and what was said.

Spoiler:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/big-brother-racist_n_3529903.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
Spoiler:
I agree with Regan that they should air the comments. The viewers should get as much of the full picture as possible. Plus, that type of behavior SHOULD effect the game. If those comments were aired, I bet that would kill any chance of them winning MVP. Did the house guests they were referring to hear them make those comments?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Spoiler:
I agree with Regan that they should air the comments. The viewers should get as much of the full picture as possible. Plus, that type of behavior SHOULD effect the game. If those comments were aired, I bet that would kill any chance of them winning MVP. Did the house guests they were referring to hear them make those comments?
Spoiler:
No. Although Aeryn did correct Candice by saying, "it's asked, not axed." In the grand scheme of things I have no issue with that as it is a pet peeve of mine. Otherwise the insulting things have all been said out of earshot of their intended targets.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Spoiler:
No. Although Aeryn did correct Candice by saying, "it's asked, not axed." In the grand scheme of things I have no issue with that as it is a pet peeve of mine. Otherwise the insulting things have all been said out of earshot of their intended targets.
Spoiler:
I guess it's the way the show has always been, but, someone with racist views can be portrayed quite different on the edit room floor. Which leads me to a problem with this MVP twist. Couldn't the producers manulate with editing to make someone who is otherwise a nasty person look a lot better so they win the MVP because the fans don't know about the nastiness?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #26
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

wil from bb14 has posted his first video about bb15, featuring jessie, gm, david, nick, and elissa - too funny!

Big Brother 15: The Saga Ep.1

Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
verdugan

Quote:
wil from bb14 has posted his first video about bb15, featuring jessie, gm, david, nick, and elissa - too funny!

Big Brother 15: The Saga Ep.1
Thanks for posting. Wil is hilarious.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #28
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

That was really great.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #29
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I know I already posted in the last thread about how old I suddenly feel watching this show after enjoying every season up till now. Well that feeling was just strengthened with this episode. I may try one more just to see if I was just not in the mood for the first couple episodes, but I really think that I am about done with this series from now on.

Either I have totally changed since the last season, or this cast (and the show) has really changed. It no longer feels anything like real people in the house. They are all just characters, not even pretending to have any connection with reality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #30
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Either I have totally changed since the last season, or this cast (and the show) has really changed. It no longer feels anything like real people in the house. They are all just characters, not even pretending to have any connection with reality.
i sometimes would become disillusioned with hg who knew so much about previous seasons, they entered the house with multiple stratagies, and started attempting to manipulate the other hg right away.

this year we have a taste of what it's like to have multiple clueless hg without rounded knowledge of past seasons, and it was hard to watch at first. a few seem to be finally coming around, though.