TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
timstack8969

Guide

Can you tell on the Program Description if the movie or program is being broadcast in 5.1? I only see "Dolby Digital" when I go down to Dolby ICON.
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
Can you tell on the Program Description if the movie or program is being broadcast in 5.1? I only see "Dolby Digital" when I go down to Dolby ICON.
Sometimes I see programming that has info in parenthesis like (HD, CC, Stereo, SAP) while other times like on Xfinity On Demand I see (Dolby 5.1)
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
It's going to hard to find that information using a TiVo that feeds a soundbar unless you have a model that shows active speakers. The most reliable way to get 5.1 content from a cable source like Comcast is to have HD service and watch almost anything from CBS primetime. It would be a great addition to the info button. I don't have Xfinity or FiOS. My TiVo feeds an AVR so I can tell from its front panel if it is getting 5.1 or DTS or whatever. The TiVo, of course, is feeding your soundbar via optical and you have the Setup, Audio set to Dolby. Choosing PCM does stop the 5.1 output. But there is no way (to my knowledge) to make the TiVo display if it is receiving 5.1 audio. When I go down to the DD icon shown by the info button, I can get various messages when I hit Select.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote