TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Under the Dome 9/9/13

I'm starting to think Barbie is being framed.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Did CBS sell "Under The Dome" to SyFy so it could become part of their Shark series? As in jumping?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
rich
Final answer?

At some point, Big Jim will realize that sending Junior to guard something is a bad idea.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
BradJW

I missed a hell of a teaching moment with my kids while watching this. I should have paused the recording, turned to my kids and said "This is why smoking is bad for you."

BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Did CBS sell "Under The Dome" to SyFy so it could become part of their Shark series? As in jumping?
Doesn't a show actually have to be good first to qualify for a shark jump?

This show never even got up on the water skis.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Doesn't a show actually have to be good first to qualify for a shark jump?

This show never even got up on the water skis.
I propose "halved the calf" as shorthand for jumping the shark in the first 5 minutes of the pilot.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

My recording cut off right after Barbie is cuffed. Anyone wanna give a short synopsis of what happened after that?

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
My recording cut off right after Barbie is cuffed. Anyone wanna give a short synopsis of what happened after that?
A lot of stupidity.

Spoiler:
Sorry, can't bring myself to really pay much attention when this show is on.

midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
Ky_Shag
Shaggy Dog

go to cbs.com an watch it
Ky_Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
BluesFools

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Barbie is taken to jail. He pleads with the sheriff: "do you really think I could have shot Red?". She almost thinks this is a reasonable argument, but comes back with "but What about her husband?". Now, Barbie should have had a reply involving the complete lack a body, which tends to make murder convictions difficult. But he just shuts up.

Big Jim frees the kids from the jail so he can gloat over Barbie alone. They face off, mano-a-manacles.
Barbie: "So Blofeld, do you expect me to talk?".
Jim: "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die! But before that I expect you to confess, in public, to many crimes that we both know you did not commit."
Barbie: "Never!".
Jim, twirling mustache: "If you don't, I shall frame Red for the murder of her husband, whose body we still don't have, plus I'll also frame those meddling kids because, uh, they've been seen talking to you, so must be guilty of arson and murder".

Barbie: "You fiend! Very well, I shall confess, but I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids. Oh by the way, how do I know you'll keep your end of the bargain?"
Jim:" You don't! YOU DON'T!!! Mwaahhahhhahhhaaa". Exit stage left.

Note to self, when bargaining with a man to falsely confess to capital murder, don't tell him that you're pretty much free to welch on your side of the deal so he has no incentive to carry through with his side.

Cut to candy-striper kid with Red in a closet in the hospital. Red regains consciousness. Candy-striper explains that there's a huge hunt on for them, so she decided that the hospital was the last place anyone would expect to find an unconscious gun-shot-wound victim. At least she qualifies that with "I may be stupid". She explains how they got there. She drove the ambulance to the hospital, wheeled Red out, took her through the hospital to the elevator, and down to the basement closet. Then she went back up through the hospital, to the waiting ambulance which she drove through town and hid behind a billboard (I swear I am not making this up), then walked back through town into the hospital, cleverly avoiding the manhunt going on for her all the while.

Red says she wasn't shot by Barbie, but by some strange woman she didn't know, but who looks like Raylan Givens' ex-wife.

Jim parades Barbie in front of a group of people, outside "this hall which you see in front of you today". Actual quote. He says that rules still apply. Not the rules of a fair trial where you are presented with evidence and witnesses against you, where you can defend yourself with the aid of an attorney, where you are judged by a jury of your peers. No, not those rules. But the rules where a murdering councilman can become prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner and everyone just goes along with it. So, Mr Barbie, how to you plead? Dramatic pause. Eye contact. Barbie: "Not Guil-cup, your honor! I mean, Not Guilty!". Musical crescendo. The End.
BluesFools is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
Goober96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFools View Post

Barbie is taken to jail. He pleads with the sheriff: "do you really think I could have shot Red?". She almost thinks this is a reasonable argument, but comes back with "but What about her husband?". Now, Barbie should have had a reply involving the complete lack a body, which tends to make murder convictions difficult. But he just shuts up.

Big Jim frees the kids from the jail so he can gloat over Barbie alone. They face off, mano-a-manacles.
Jim: "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die! But before that I expect you to confess, in public, to many crimes that we both know you did not commit."
Jim, twirling mustache: "If you don't, I shall frame Red for the murder of her husband, whose body we still don't have, plus I'll also frame those meddling kids because, uh, they've been seen talking to you, so must be guilty of arson and murder".

Barbie: "You fiend! Very well, I shall confess, but I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids. Oh by the way, how do I know you'll keep your end of the bargain?"

Note to self, when bargaining with a man to falsely confess to capital murder, don't tell him that you're pretty much free to welch on your side of the deal so he has no incentive to carry through with his side.

Cut to candy-striper kid with Red in a closet in the hospital. Red regains consciousness. Candy-striper explains that there's a huge hunt on for them, so she decided that the hospital was the last place anyone would expect to find an unconscious gun-shot-wound victim. At least she qualifies that with "I may be stupid". She explains how they got there. She drove the ambulance to the hospital, wheeled Red out, took her through the hospital to the elevator, and down to the basement closet. Then she went back up through the hospital, to the waiting ambulance which she drove through town and hid behind a billboard (I swear I am not making this up), then walked back through town into the hospital, cleverly avoiding the manhunt going on for her all the while.

Red says she wasn't shot by Barbie, but by some strange woman she didn't know, but who looks like Raylan Givens' ex-wife.

Jim parades Barbie in front of a group of people, outside "this hall which you see in front of you today". Actual quote. He says that rules still apply. Not the rules of a fair trial where you are presented with evidence and witnesses against you, where you can defend yourself with the aid of an attorney, where you are judged by a jury of your peers. No, not those rules. But the rules where a murdering councilman can become prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner and everyone just goes along with it. So, Mr Barbie, how to you plead? Dramatic pause. Eye contact. Barbie: "Not Guil-cup, your honor! I mean, Not Guilty!". Musical crescendo. The End.
Bravo for that excellent recap! Fine work indeed.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober96 View Post
Bravo for that excellent recap! Fine work indeed.
Way more entertaining than the actual show. I wish I hadn't wasted my time watching it.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
Azlen

Quote:

You need to throw your spin on the cocoon thing that was happening there at the end too.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Can anyone explain what delayed the show on the east coast? It didn't start until 10:24. Normally I start watching about 10:15 so I can skip ads. Instead The Big Bang Theory was on and a blurb at the bottom of the screen said Dome would start at 10:24 so I added an extra 30 minutes to the recording (the DVR didn't know the show started late).
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
reneg

Email alert (which arrived in the middle of Under the Dome) from CBS said:

Revised start times (CT) for tonight's CBS programs: 2.5 Men (7:54 PM), 2 Broke (8:24 PM), Big Bang (8:54 PM) and Under The Dome (9:24 PM) due to CBS live coverage of U.S. Open Tennis.

Also, saw that CBS is rebroadcasting the episode this Saturday:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-14th/202036/

Last edited by reneg : 09-10-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Rebroadcast of Under the Dome on Saturday
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Nothing like telling a sick, twisted bastard to his face that he is a sick, twisted bastid. And then tell him he's gonna pay? That's suicide. (As Dopee found out).

Apparently, mini-dome has no mass. It bounced around in that wagon like a beach ball.

Is Deputy Lupo finally coming around? Nobody, who wears a gun, should be that dense.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #17
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
Email alert (which arrived in the middle of Under the Dome) from CBS said:

Revised start times (CT) for tonight's CBS programs: 2.5 Men (7:54 PM), 2 Broke (8:24 PM), Big Bang (8:54 PM) and Under The Dome (9:24 PM) due to CBS live coverage of U.S. Open Tennis.

Also, saw that CBS is rebroadcasting the episode this Saturday:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-14th/202036/
Yeah, cause they couldn't cancel a rerun so the only first run show of the night could be on time. CBS is stupid.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
nickels
opinionated dope

Thanks god this is all going to be wrapped up in a nice package in the series finale next week. Whew, we made it to the end of this train wreck. Oh crap, that's right...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #19
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Red says she wasn't shot by Barbie, but by some strange woman she didn't know, but who looks like Raylan Givens' ex-wife
And Joe Carroll's ex-wife. That woman gets around.

Your synopsis is very, very, very well played, sir. You win the internets for the rest of the week.

Brad
bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
BluesFools

Thanks. I skipped the subplot with the screaming mini-dome being covered up by skater-boy with 47 blankets he has in his room, and the subtle under-cover tailing of the kids in a freakin' black-and-white squad car because I didn't want to undermine the gravitas of that particular plot line.
BluesFools is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Thanks god this is all going to be wrapped up in a nice package in the series finale next week. Whew, we made it to the end of this train wreck. Oh crap, that's right...
Actually not. It's been renewed for a second season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #22
nickels
opinionated dope

We need a symbol or typeface to indicate sarcasm.
"Oh crap, that's right..."
Meaning, oh crap - this is not going to be wrapped up and we will have to suffer through this again next summer.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
mbhuff

Like most people, my Tivo only caught the first half of the show. After watching ther first half, I have no desire to watch the rest. I'm done with the dome.
mbhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Jim parades Barbie in front of a group of people, outside "this hall which you see in front of you today".
I couldn't help wondering what all those people were doing there in the first place. It's not like they could have heard about the big event on the radio.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
stellie93

Quote:
Thanks. I skipped the subplot with the screaming mini-dome being covered up by skater-boy with 47 blankets he has in his room, .
I did stop to wonder why anyone has that many blankets in his room in the middle of summer.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
Tivo_60
NY State of Mind

This show is an atrocious embarassment to those living under the real dome.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo_60 View Post
This show is an atrocious embarassment to those living under the real dome.
Good thing they can't see it!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #28
Johncv

I enjoy this show and the thread even more. On the recap.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #29
Bob_Newhart
My Custom User Title

Half my episode was cut off due to a Big Bang Theory show.

Best episode ever!
Bob_Newhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #30
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Anyone else notice the continuity issue with the chrysalis moving from place to place in the mini dome?