TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Shaunnick

Big Brother Season 15 Live Feed and After Dark Discussion (SPOILERS)

Let's get this rolling!

Noms are Candice and Jesse.

There seem to be two major alliances in the house, one with all boys and one with all girls. More details coming as I get caught up.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

I was worried when David said, "Man that --- can not be m--- ---- ---- if I ---." But then Aaryn reassured him by saying, "--- ---- in the ---- ---- monkeys --- --- --- bathroom." So I guess all is well.

-TVGN "After Dark" viewer
Old 06-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Let's get this rolling!

Noms are Candice and Jesse.

There seem to be two major alliances in the house, one with all boys and one with all girls. More details coming as I get caught up.
I thought there was a rumor that there would be 3 people nominated each week.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
SoBelle0
What's next?

TVGN "After Dark" does not sound good, eh?

I forgot to check it out... but, based on the above, I don't think I'm interested.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
There is - America will pick a BB-MVP each week, and that person will silently, behind closed doors, select the third nom. None of the other contestants will even know who was given the power each week. Unless, of course, the person in power chooses to tell them.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
It's not a rumor. Julie stated it as fact during the premiere.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
TVGN "After Dark" does not sound good, eh?

I forgot to check it out... but, based on the above, I don't think I'm interested.
Even if they didn't edit the language, it would still be annoying to watch because it's nothing but a blurry little box up above the scrolling tv listings. Horrible picture!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Shaunnick

Quote:
Quote:
There is - America will pick a BB-MVP each week, and that person will silently, behind closed doors, select the third nom. None of the other contestants will even know who was given the power each week. Unless, of course, the person in power chooses to tell them.
3rd nom has not been identified yet. The MVP voting period closed last night.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Ah, thanks. Haven't watched the first ep yet, so didn't know about this.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I think the new Have Not room is funny:
http://twitpic.com/cze4yx
Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Even if they didn't edit the language, it would still be annoying to watch because it's nothing but a blurry little box up above the scrolling tv listings. Horrible picture!
On DirecTV channel 273, it's full screen SD. It's quite challenging to put together conversations with all the audio drop-outs. Not sure what they'll do if there's any nudity, but I noticed the program guide lists it as TV-14.

They're certainly getting an earful on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TVGN
Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

how greedy can one show get?

first, they refuse to upgrade to hd after other shows converted over a decade ago. then, they farm out their crappy sd picture to tvgn, who reduces it to a blip on the screen, making an already bad picture unwatchable, adding equally crappy audio.

they must be planning on this being the last season, or they'd spend some money to keep what little audience they have left.

unforgivable.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
realityboy

The listings are only on in some places. Here it is full SD with no listings. I think it's more about CBS getting viewers for TVGN than anything else. They just bought it this year. I see repeats of Young and the Restless have been moved there from SoapNet as well.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
how greedy can one show get?

first, they refuse to upgrade to hd after other shows converted over a decade ago. then, they farm out their crappy sd picture to tvgn, who reduces it to a blip on the screen, making an already bad picture unwatchable, adding equally crappy audio.

they must be planning on this being the last season, or they'd spend some money to keep what little audience they have left.

unforgivable.
Thats what I thought when I saw they hadn't upgraded to HD last year, but why do such a drastic make over of the house and plan the longest season in BB history if your canceling the show?
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd_87 View Post
Thats what I thought when I saw they hadn't upgraded to HD last year, but why do such a drastic make over of the house and plan the longest season in BB history if your canceling the show?
i see your reasoning, but even with a few extensive changes, they revamp the house each season. i think the longer season, combined with the big remodel, the mvp nominee, and switching the live feeds to cbs.com at a cheaper cost, are all feeble attempts at keeping the audience interested without spending real bucks on upgrading the show, which they know they should do.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 06-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
Ment

woah the TVGN pq is crappy even by SD standards. Upconverted SHO is 100x better.

Aaryn reminds me a bit of Dani when she was whining about people getting into the house who don't know the game rules.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #17
andyw715

The whole non HD thing is the real social experiment.

To see how many people will still tune in for programming even if it's still not in HD.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
woah the TVGN pq is crappy even by SD standards. Upconverted SHO is 100x better.
you're right, and the uncensored audio on sho was much more fun!

Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
Shaunnick

Ok after skimming the feeds and using some help from Joker Forums, here is what I got so far:

Identified alliances

The girls alliance seems to have fallen apart leaving

Aeryn
Ginamarie
Kaitlyn
Amanda

The guys call them blondterage (say it like entourage), which is only half accurate

guys calling themselves the MC (Moving Company) - I guess because they are going to move people out of the BB house

Nick
Howard
McCrae
Spencer
Jeremy

Amanda and McCrae seem to be aligned with Jeremy and Kaitlyn, but no alliance name

David and Aeryn are very flirty cuddly

Jesse and Kaitlyn are in a showmance triangle with jeremy

McCrae and Amanda are close

No one likes Helen, she is not really socializing well with anyone outside of Elissa

Elissa apparently has already caused several fights, plus the suspicion of many is that she is Rachel's sister. No one knows this for sure, although suspicions are heavy. Many are gunning to back door her.

Very little of either Helen or Elissa on cams so far

Andy seems to get along with everyone (shocker)

Judd is... really nothing to add here

Candice and Jesse are having emotional breakdowns over being nominated

The "alliances" are so far weak as everyone in an alliance spends little time scheming with their alliance. We'll see how this goes going forward.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

elissa won mvp, is planning strategy with some, and denying is to others. i wonder if she is safe from eviction by winning?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #21
Donbadabon
Geocacher

No. Since MVP is a secret, the person voted MVP can still be nominated and evicted.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #22
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
No. Since MVP is a secret, the person voted MVP can still be nominated and evicted.
So the MVP places a third on the block but they can still be used as a replacement should one of the three have the veto used on them.

Right? Hard to keep this all straight in my mind.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #23
Donbadabon
Geocacher

The only difference between an MVP and a regular player is that the MVP gets to put someone up on the block in secret.

They themselves could be on the block at any time, and could go home at any time. Just like the non-MVP players. They have no immunity.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #24
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
So the MVP places a third on the block but they can still be used as a replacement should one of the three have the veto used on them.

Right? Hard to keep this all straight in my mind.
well, after listening to hg on the feeds, maybe. a couple of hg have suggested that if the mvp nominee is taken down by pov, the mvp picks the replacement (not the hoh). if that's true, it gives a tremendous additional power to the mvp.

also, if it's true, i wonder how bb will handle the announcement of the pov replacement mvp nom? will everyone have to wait until a round of drs so it's kept anonymous, or does the mvp have to anticipate the possibility and pick two noms up front, just in case? interesting.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #25
Ment

Don't understand the McCrae/Amanda connection but she wants some of it..

Jeremy and Kaitlin were getting hot and heavy under nightvision. If either of them wins HOH lookout.

Elissa is much like her sis, emotional. Did she really lie to Jeremy and say her actual sister is supermodel Gisele Bundchen. lol
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

Elissa is much like her sis, emotional. Did she really lie to Jeremy and say her actual sister is supermodel Gisele Bundchen. lol
From what I've read she was making a joke but the story was later passed around as if she were serious.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
Shaunnick

Paranoia and drama starting to pick up in the house.

Elissa (rachel's sister) got MVP afterall and put up david. Many people suspect correctly that she is the mvp but do not understand her reasoning on David as a choice for the block.

Elissa has told McCrae that she is MVP, which he shared with Amanda.

David confronted Elissa about being MVP and putting him on the block (On suspicions only) and Elissa denied it. Aeryn then flipped out on David for talking to Elissa

Amanda seems to be all over MCCrae. No idea what her game is. Could be a budding showmance or she is playing him. She seems to be in on a lot of his decisions. She sleeps in the HOH bed with him at night. Jessie is laying low and doing all the cleaning in the house. Probably the best startegy as Candice and Elissa are getting the focus of who people want to see go home.

POV took place and McCrae won. As of right now it looks like he will use it to backdoor Elissa.

Kaitlin and Jeremy do a lot of fooling around under the blankets. Uncertain if they have done the nasty.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
SoBelle0
What's next?

Thanks for these updates and insights! I hate to love them, but I sure do!

Interesting that Elissa told people she's the MVP. Why would she do that? Was she trying to get into someone's alliance?
Old 06-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
Shaunnick

Quote:
Thanks for these updates and insights! I hate to love them, but I sure do!

Interesting that Elissa told people she's the MVP. Why would she do that? Was she trying to get into someone's alliance?
Yeah. In truth she has only told one person, McCrae. He told Amanda. So they are the only three who know for a fact she is MVP. Many in the house suspect she is Rachel's sister and have guess correctly that she is MVP.

She is desperate to join anyone but McCrae wants to do the will of the house to keep his hands clean. So he will likely take someone off the block and put Elissa up. In some conversations with Amanda McCrae seems like he pity's Elissa and would not be opposed to working with her, but Amanda has McCrae doing Amanda's bidding.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
...McCrae wants to do the will of the house to keep his hands clean. So he will likely take someone off the block and put Elissa up.
yeah, looks like that's the plan now, but there's been talk of taking out david this week, even after elissa goes on the block.

at first glance, david appears more physically and socially dominant than elissa, but she has the online votes locked up for mvp (thanks to rachel???). this week could get interesting.