TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Andy D

Another Charter Tech success story

We seem to see many posts about how horrible our cable company and tech support is, I think when we get great service it should be acknowledged so we don't all go thinking that all we're bad service.

A couple of weeks ago I got around to getting cablecards for my two Tivos. One Saturday I installed the cablecards and there was quite some confusion, but I had a great tech support person on he other end of he phone and he walked me through the setup. There were some problems on my end which he helped me with and a problem on Charter's end which he and his supervisor were able to resolve. He spent a good hour and a half on the phone with me and made sure that everything we did was working well.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I finally got ime to hook up the tuning adapters. Well, they would not tune or adapt. All they would do is blink. Today,this morning while I had a little time I decided to call Charter to try to get it resolved. He tried a couple of things, but no go and he said it was beyond what he could do remotely so he sent a tech out this afternoon.

The tech arrived promptly and started to work. He noticed that my signal levels were a little low, but was able to get one TA working anyway. He then went outside, replaced the splitters and connectors with newer models to try to boost the signl levels. It worked, through much testing he put the best signal to my familyroom with the Tivos and the second best to my cable modem in my office. He really took the time to do it right.

This did not help the second TA so he said he would have to replace it tomorrow. It seems that field techs are not allowed to carry spare TAs. He said said thanks for the sitution because he now can go to the higher ups and make a case for getting TAs as spares on their trucks.

He was very apploogetic about not being able to fix both TAs today, a real nice guy.

So again... Kudos to Charter!

Andy
Andy D is offline   Reply With Quote