TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
elenaran

TiVo Streaming Music Control Via Mobile

OK, I'll tell you what I'm looking for and you tell me if something like this exists or is possible:

My AV receiver (that the TiVo Series 3 is connected to) is also connected to my outdoor speakers for my back patio. When I want to listen to music, currently I go in the house and start the music (TiVo streaming music off my desktop) and then go back outside. If I want to change the album/playlist, I have to go back inside and change it.

I would like to be able to control it from my phone outside. It would be great to be able to browse my music library and select what's playing next. Right now the best I could do would be to stream music via Youtube and have my phone paired to that, but the quality isn't good and it doesn't have all my music.

Is there anything like this out there?
elenaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You might try slingbox.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
windracer
joined the 10k club

You could use the remote control feature in the TiVo app on your iPhone or Android phone. You wouldn't be able to do any serious navigation without seeing the TV, but I use this to skip tracks or pause music I have playing outside through the TiVo in a similar setup to yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
elenaran

Thanks for the suggestions.

What about through the desktop? Is there any way to control what's playing through the desktop that's hosting the music?

If so, I could remote desktop from my phone into the desktop. I know it's an inelegant solution, but if it works...
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

There's no desktop app I'm aware of that would show you what's actually being displayed on the television. That's why the other poster suggested a Slingbox.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
elenaran

RE:slingbox, what's the oldest model that would still work with the S3 and mobile device? I don't care about watching HD video on my phone or anything like that. Like I said, I just want it for controlling music outside.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenaran View Post
RE:slingbox, what's the oldest model that would still work with the S3 and mobile device? I don't care about watching HD video on my phone or anything like that. Like I said, I just want it for controlling music outside.
Any of them with composite (Yellow/white/red) inputs.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
jhilla

Everyone is correct about there not being a client that works with TiVo. But there is an option for your tv, game, mobile, Roku, GoogleTV and DLNA devices. Plex. The Plex server also acts a playable client in any web-browser. Plus if you have any of these said devices you can view and listen to your content on the go. This of course blows Tivo's resources out of the water and they know it. Sure wish they would come to their senses. In the meantime I use KmttG to pull /convert to .mp4 and then broadcasted with Streambaby onto a Tivo.

https://my.plexapp.com/
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote