TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #1
darmok613

Angry Random deletions

Hi, I am having a problem with my Premiere XL4 deleting programs in a seemingly random manner. Last night I received a notice that several show would be deleted today. The disk is 63% full, so it did not need the space but when I changed the settings KUID they stayed. Now several have set a random date (tomorrow) fir more deletions. Very frustrating!

darmok613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Just saying they may be deleted does not actually mean they WILL be deleted, just that they're eligible.

Is it actually deleting things?

Old 02-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Dyauspita

Deletion

I have also seen strange deletions. Specifically, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert seems to record and then it is immediately deleted. There seems to be something wrong with the scheduling data or something like that.

We have a show limit of 5 shows, there are 5 shows. A new one records and then it is immediately deleted rather than one of the older 5 shows.

I also noticed that rather than the 'date' showing up where it is supposed to, the date has an episode number - like E88.

Dyauspita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
unitron

In cases like these, always tell us who your cable provider is.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 AM   #5
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyauspita View Post
I have also seen strange deletions. Specifically, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert seems to record and then it is immediately deleted. There seems to be something wrong with the scheduling data or something like that.

We have a show limit of 5 shows, there are 5 shows. A new one records and then it is immediately deleted rather than one of the older 5 shows.

I also noticed that rather than the 'date' showing up where it is supposed to, the date has an episode number - like E88.
Unless you have a Series 3 or earlier, you can control whether date or episode number gets displayed in the folder and how it is sorted by using the B key.

The only time I've seen what you are describing is when I had suggestions turned on, and an episode got recorded as a suggestion (not as a result of the One Pass) and then immediately got deleted because there was no room for suggestions. It would be in the folder because it had the common series ID but the One Pass rules for retention wouldn't apply. It had to happen a couple of times before I figured out what was going on. This days I don't record suggestions and I keep a good percentage of free space so that I can recover deleted recordings.

Of course, if you had "Keep Until I Delete" set for your One Pass, it wouldn't even record new shows until you manually delete one of the five old ones; I'm sure you haven't done this.

Otherwise I've always seen retention operate First In, Last Out based on order of recording. I don't see how even bad guide data could mess that up, because the guide data doesn't have anything to do with the order in which something was recorded.

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote