TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
thyname

TiVo Mini with Moca

I am having major issues with my Mini in the living room connected via Moca. The Romeo Plus in the basement is connected via Ethernet and Moca enabled.

It has worked great for a couple of years until now. Just recently, Mini is no longer able to change the channels. The black screen with the spinning circle comes in and at that point cannot even acces TiVo Central. I unplug the Mini, plug it back in, and the channel comes back.

I called Tivo, and after multiple changes to Network setting in both units, it worked.... Until the next day.

One thing I have noticed, in the Romeo the Moca channel is set by itself to Auto, and in my Mini to channel 17. I change the Moca Chanel to 17 in my Romeo, and they communicate perfect, until the overnight connection, where the channel switches by itself to Auto in the Romeo, but remains at 17 in the Mini.

I am at loss on why this is happening now! Maybe the new software update that messed things up?

Any help is highly appreciated!

thyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

Wonky moca signal issues are usually caused by a splitter. Wouldn't hurt to replace it. The replacement should be rated 1GHz or higher.

BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
thyname

A splitter where? Inside of the house or at point of entry int he house?

thyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
BigJimOutlaw

It'll be a splitter shared by the devices. Whether it's the primary point of entry or not I couldn't say.

BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote