TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
bewailer

Does Verizon FIOS have MCards?

I have Verizon FIOS. My TIVO HD box just died and I purchased a new Roamio Plus that will prevent me from using the old SCards. Turns out I need a new cablecard just to watch TV. The Verizon rep that I am chatting with says that they only have one type of "cablecard". The web site does not say anything about recording multiple channels at the same time. If I order a new one will it be an MCard?

bewailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
waynomo
My One Time

Yes, they have mcards. I have 2 of them.

I think that's all you can get now.

Do you have a Verizon store near you. If so you should be able to walk in and get one.

waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
bewailer

Thanks,
For some reason Verizon closed all their Verizon Fios stores in California so they say I have to wait for the mail. I guess they only have one type of card and that's why the sales rep had no idea what I was talking about.

bewailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:01 PM   #4
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewailer View Post
Thanks,
For some reason Verizon closed all their Verizon Fios stores in California so they say I have to wait for the mail. I guess they only have one type of card and that's why the sales rep had no idea what I was talking about.
Verizon in my area hasn't stocked S-cards in almost 7 years so I'm not surprised they didn't know what you were asking, were you 100% sure that your TivoHD didn't already have a S-Cards?

Old 04-05-2015, 01:53 AM   #5
ej42137

Probably the reason the stores have been closed is that Verizon sold its FIOS operations in California, Texas and Florida to Frontier recently. http://arstechnica.com/business/2015...on-fios-users/

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #6
Wexlerbob

I started a chat yesterday with Verizon FIOS and was transferred to a phone tech. Between them they could not seem to figure out what I was asking, how much does a FIOS cable card cost?
Does anyone here know if there is a monthly charge for the card, like there is for an STB or DVR?

Wexlerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #7
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wexlerbob View Post
I started a chat yesterday with Verizon FIOS and was transferred to a phone tech. Between them they could not seem to figure out what I was asking, how much does a FIOS cable card cost?
Does anyone here know if there is a monthly charge for the card, like there is for an STB or DVR?
Verizon FiOS is $4.99 per card, and yes that's monthly.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #8
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wexlerbob View Post
Typical. Next time you chat with them, be sure to show them the CableCard page on Verizon's website:

http://www.verizon.com/support/resid...cablecards.htm

tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #9
pwlcheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewailer View Post
I have Verizon FIOS. My TIVO HD box just died and I purchased a new Roamio Plus that will prevent me from using the old SCards. Turns out I need a new cablecard just to watch TV. The Verizon rep that I am chatting with says that they only have one type of "cablecard". The web site does not say anything about recording multiple channels at the same time. If I order a new one will it be an MCard?
Were you using/paying 2 sCards with you TIVO HD box before? The TIVO HD box can use just 1 mCard and save your cost of using 2 sCards. If you were using just 1 Card with your TIVO HD, then you already have a mCard.

pwlcheng is offline   Reply With Quote