TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Ekims
Don't care anymore

Issue with TiVo HD and Netflix

Is anyone else having any issues with Netflix on TiVoHD systems? I get the "Please Wait" gray screen for about 5 minutes and then it goes back to my main screen. It does it regardless of where I select Netflix, either from Now Playing or Video on Demand, both options go gray background back to main screen.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekims View Post
Is anyone else having any issues with Netflix on TiVoHD systems?
Occasionally. One problem I have often is I will be watching a stream and suddenly get kicked out to live TV for no apparent reason.

Another thing that happens, although not as often, is the stream never starts after selecting it. I get the please wait icon, then the acquiring stream/quality meter icon, the screen goes black, and nothing.
Most of the time I can back out and restart the stream, but sometimes I have to hit the TiVo button to regain control.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
bradquinn

Mine does this too. I just assumed it was because the Netflix software for Tivo sucks, and it is too slow or something. I also have a Netflix app on my Samsung Smart TV, and it works perfectly, so I know it isn't my network speed or anything like that.
bradquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
mitziyah

Oh man, for the last month or two, suddenly Netflix through Tivo is really problematic. Often resulting in a grey screen of death, requiring us to power cycle the Tivo HD to be able to do anything else. Any help/guidance?
mitziyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
glvogt

Netflix Tivo Issues

I spent a long while last evening chatting with a Netflix tech, who was trying to solve my long-running problem of getting Netflix to stream properly on my Series 3 Tivo. She reported that she herself has had similar issues that were caused by "throttling" of internet speeds by the ISP provider (Comcast). I'll definitely check this out; however, I can report that I receive streaming Netflix perfectly via Roku and/or the laptop computer. I may not be Sherlock, but that suggests a Tivo issue, no?
glvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Pretty commonly held opinion: TiVo (at least Series 3 models, 648 & 652) are probably the worst possible client devices for Netflix.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote