TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
gweempose

Big Brother - 8/11/13

I missed the last few minutes because of the PGA Championship. Who did Andy nominate?
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Ment

Jessi/Spencer

Tired of Mc being a wuss..even though he acknowledges it. Tired of Helen's faux-cheerleading.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Jessi/Spencer
Wow! He certainly chose the path of least resistance. Not surprising I guess. The guy is a pure floater, and clearly determined to continue along this path until he literally has no other choice.
(3) Minis

Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
2004raptor

Weak move by Andy but I'm guessing that's his strategy. I'm completely tired of Helen but she is playing these people like an orchestra. Amanda has emotional issues or something. Getting upset because her showman e didn't let her win??? Ugh, no guarantee she would have won in the finals.

In the past I've rooted for Aaryn, Howard, spencer, Amanda, Helen and even Elissa. At this point I can't root for anyone.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
After Helen tried to get Andy to make a big game move I was hoping he would by nominating Helen and Elissa. But he's too chicken. Oh well.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

My first thought was, why did Andy even TRY to win HoH. The game he's playing is NOT to have to make tough decisions. Then when he won it, I knew he would put those two up because they have no alliance to either faction. If either wins veto, he'll put up GM because she's the least aligned of anyone else remaining. She's aligned with Aaryn, so by extension with Helen, but she will just be told she's the pawn and that Spencer/Jessie are the target.

Random thoughts:

Did CBS telegraph Andy was going to win HoH or what? They showed him talking about it almost elusively (I think there were a couple of shots of McRae and Amanda but mostly Andy).

It was nice to see someone finally resist Helen's "plan". I knew either Helen or Amanda would make a move eventually against the other, and Helen was smart because she thought her "ally" Andy would do her dirty work. She's been lucky that she hasn't had any blood on her hands. It wouldn't shock me if she is throwing competitions for that exact reason. She'll only win them when she has to.

Amanda has gone off the deep end. I just wonder if the game is really getting to her, as she claimed, or is she's just a spoiled, needy woman. I get the feeling that McRae is starting to think that dating out of his league is just not worth it anymore.

I too really have nobody left I want to root for. I guess it wouldn't bother me too much if Helen won, because she's played hard and she's not really being obnoxious to others. McRae I suppose is ok too. The rest I have a hard time rooting for for various reasons. Aaryn because of her racism, same for Spencer. Jessie because she's done nothing that merits her winning the game. Andy, because I hate the way he's playing, even though ultimately it might work. I don't like snitches. Elissa, because she's really never played her own game and my own dislike of her sister means I can't root for her. Amanda, because of her bullying and her whining.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
After Helen tried to get Andy to make a big game move I was hoping he would by nominating Helen and Elissa. But he's too chicken. Oh well.
I knew he wouldn't. His game is not to make waves, and he didn't. The was possibly the last week he could be HoH and NOT make waves.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Amanda has emotional issues or something. Getting upset because her showman e didn't let her win??? Ugh, no guarantee she would have won in the finals.
That was just nuts. She's going on and on about her disappointment at not ever winning anything, as if someone letting her win would, what, boost her confidence and self-esteem?
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Amanda getting nuts over McRae not giving her the HOH made no sense. They are playing as a team, so wouldn't she want them to have the best chance of winning? So if she can't beat him, what are her chances of beating the next competitor?

I liked how he claimed he wasn't even trying that hard.

Jessie calling Amanda out for having a pity party - ironic considering her behavior when she didn't get picked as a guest on the luxury reward.

Steveknj - I feel pretty much the same about who to root for. Usually by this point in the season, I would have 2 or 3 people to root for. This season is like "well, I guess McRae wouldn't be so bad."
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Amanda getting nuts over McRae not giving her the HOH made no sense. They are playing as a team, so wouldn't she want them to have the best chance of winning? So if she can't beat him, what are her chances of beating the next competitor?
my thoughts exactly. if she was really cared about mccrae, she should be happy either way. of course, she plays emotionally, and pointed out that brandon threw a comp for rachel, and jeff for jordan, so maybe she was looking for a sacrafice to prove his love?

who cares, i'm just glad andy didn't do helen's dirty work, like aaryn did during the double eviction.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I notice the whole Big Brother wedding is not even mentioned anymore.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

I'm watching out of habit at this point. This is easily my least favorite season.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #13
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I'm watching out of habit at this point. This is easily my least favorite season.
At this point, I would be happiest if Zingbot won the half million.

Horrible people:
Aaryn, Amanda, GinaMarie

Weasely/floater gameplay:
Andy, Jessie

Smart, but annoying:
Helen

Jerk or normal, not sure (leaning toward jerk):
Spencer

Tolerable:
Elissa, McCrae
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #14
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Other than Season 1, that goes for me too. I'll jump on the McCrae bandwagon if he dumps Amanda.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I believe Andy wanted to win because the Judd eviction really scared him.

Had no idea Candice was adopted. Makes GMs comment especially cruel.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #16
mdougie

I like Ellisa. She obviously is a moral person who can't play her game in a house with such disgusting people. She has had to lay low. She was the only person who really seemed genuinely upset at Candice being evicted and how she was treated. I hope she wins.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I believe Andy wanted to win because the Judd eviction really scared him.

Had no idea Candice was adopted. Makes GMs comment especially cruel.
Yeah. She really stepped a mile over the line with that one. This is really a nasty group of folks this year.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
I like Ellisa. She obviously is a moral person who can't play her game in a house with such disgusting people. She has had to lay low. She was the only person who really seemed genuinely upset at Candice being evicted and how she was treated. I hope she wins.
I noticed she isn't getting much Camera time in the last couple of episodes. I think she's just doing her best to steer clear of the drama and stay in shape. The others are doing a good job of self destructing (thank you Amanda, thank you GM). She's not really doing much right now, but it's probably best to just stay out of the way for now. Nobody seems too focused on her at the moment.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
gweempose

I hope Andy tells Amanda that Helen wanted him to put up her and McCrae. Amanda would go ballistic!
(3) Minis

Old 08-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
gweempose

Did anyone else find it interesting that Judd refused to hug Ellisa? From what they showed us, she literally had nothing to do with his eviction. I can only assume he thought she was the MVP and let him take the fall for it.
(3) Minis

Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Other than Season 1, that goes for me too. I'll jump on the McCrae bandwagon if he dumps Amanda.
I didn't think season 1 counted - it being a completely different show and all...

MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
stellie93

I would root for McCrae if they got rid of Amanda. And I like Spenser. I know from here that he's not really a nice guy, but I've never seen anything that bothers me, so I refuse to stop liking him.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #23
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I didn't think season 1 counted - it being a completely different show and all...

Season 1 shouldn't. For those that don't know, America voted on every eviction and it resulted in everyone in the house wanting to be nice and boring. So if we go with that, I agree. This is by far the weakest season ever.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #24
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I would root for McCrae if they got rid of Amanda. And I like Spenser. I know from here that he's not really a nice guy, but I've never seen anything that bothers me, so I refuse to stop liking him.
I know it's your opinion and all, but that's a pretty stupid line of reasoning.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
At this point, I would be happiest if Zingbot won the half million.

Horrible people:
Aaryn, Amanda, GinaMarie

Weasely/floater gameplay:
Andy, Jessie

Smart, but annoying:
Helen

Jerk or normal, not sure (leaning toward jerk):
Spencer

Tolerable:
Elissa, McCrae
I agree with all your assessments, except Elissa who to me doesn't fit in any of those categories. She's an annoying sheep. Has no game play whatsoever, and has that annoying whining voice which feels like chalk on a blackboard whenever I hear it.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
What game? First 3 weeks, her sister got her MVP and all she did was ask some of the power people in the house what to do, and she did it. Since week two she's essentially clung to whatever Helen wants her to do. She's a sheep, and she can't point to ONE move she made in the house that she did on her own.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I noticed she isn't getting much Camera time in the last couple of episodes. I think she's just doing her best to steer clear of the drama and stay in shape. The others are doing a good job of self destructing (thank you Amanda, thank you GM). She's not really doing much right now, but it's probably best to just stay out of the way for now. Nobody seems too focused on her at the moment.
Yeah, or she does whatever Helen tells her to do. That's her game, be Helen's second vote. If she makes an independent move, then maybe I'll change my opinion. So, her game isn't to have a game. I suppose that's a strategy
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #28
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I hope Andy tells Amanda that Helen wanted him to put up her and McCrae. Amanda would go ballistic!
That's what I'm hoping for:

A) It would show Andy for the snitch he's been all game, and thus probably eliminating his chance of winning.

B) The enivitable Helen/ Amanda confrontation should be a doozy, although Helen's personality doesn't seem to lead to big shouting matches. She might just tell Amanda to STFU and ignore her.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Part of McRae's strategy, I'm sure, is to let Amanda be the "front" of their twoseome. Let her blow up and be the bad guy, while he "pretends" to not defend her in front of the other houseguests. Then he's set either way. If she's eliminated, he can say, "I tried to stop her, but she was just being her, and there was nothing I could do" and if she makes it to the end, she's his ally, she takes him, and he wins on likability. It's smart for him to stay aligned as long as it's still good for those two scenarios. Makes no sense for him to throw her under the bus at this point. If she makes it to the end, he'd screw himself.

So don't hold McRae's alliance with Amanda against him. I think at this point it's all game play.

Unfortunately, the stuff outside the CBS broadcasts have been made public and it's tainted my thoughts about Spencer, so I cannot root for him.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #30
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Season 1 shouldn't. For those that don't know, America voted on every eviction and it resulted in everyone in the house wanting to be nice and boring. So if we go with that, I agree. This is by far the weakest season ever.
I would say S4 is right up there with it, and the two nastiest people made it to the end (could that happen again?)

But I've only quit watching one season, two years ago, when Rachel was running the house. She's the only person I've ever disliked enough to not make it through a whole season. (Oddly, when she was on TAR, she wasn't nearly as annoying and I found myself rooting for her a little when the other teams figured out who she was and started getting on her).