TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
marklyn

TWC lineup change issues - need advice.

Today channel lineup change occurred. I re-did the channel lineup settings, rebooted the tuning adapter and everything looks good except now I've got a few of my local channels in the lower 800's (ie: local ABC, CBS, NBC) as well as where they are supposed to be, in the 1200's.

When I look at my season passes, all of my CBS recordings want to record on channel 803, which is some spanish channel, but it's listed in the guide as a CBS channel (too).

What should I do to fix this?

1) Remove/re-add any season passes correctly? This still leaves incorrect channel numbers in the 800's.

2) Re-do the guided setup? Don't know what I could do differently to fix this since I did it once already.

or wait it out and hope it fixes itself?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
marklyn

Last night I deleted any 803 channel season passes and re-added them back
to the 1209 channel (CBS). Now I see the other issue is that those season passes that didn't have anything on the 'todo' list were left at the old channel lineup number.
So it seems three things happened here.
1) a few of my channels are incorrect in the channel guide and,
2) any season passes that did not have anything scheduled to record did not update their season pass with a correct channel number and,
3) any season passes that did have something coming up to record mostly picked up the correct (new) channel lineup number but some (for whatever reason) didn't.
I guess I'll reboot the TA when I get home from work to see if that is an easy fix for the guide; otherwise I'll try re-doing the guide setup.

It'd be nice to know why this happened but regardless I need to fix
#1 and #2 and verify #3.
MOCA
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Eccles
Mostly harmless

I'm in the same boat. It appears that 803 IS 1209 but with Spanish commercials and infomercials - the programming info looks identical. Sucks that TW decided to give them both the same channel name though, which gives the TiVo no way to differentiate between them.
150-hour Premiere XL (Lifetime)
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
I'm in the same boat. It appears that 803 IS 1209 but with Spanish commercials and infomercials - the programming info looks identical. Sucks that TW decided to give them both the same channel name though, which gives the TiVo no way to differentiate between them.
I saw that later on, that channel was also named KEYE, but, it's not 100% KEYE because last night there were different programs on it than what was on the regular KEYE channel. Maybe it's similar and also KEYE, but not exact. At any rate, I'm not sure why this happened but it did.
MOCA
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #5
truman861

I have my roamio and just switched from twc to verizon fios. All I did was repeat the guided setup and the box automatically changed all the channel numbers for me. Hope that helps
truman861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
Eccles
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman861 View Post
I have my roamio and just switched from twc to verizon fios. All I did was repeat the guided setup and the box automatically changed all the channel numbers for me. Hope that helps
That works fine for situations where the channel names remain constant, and indeed after I forced a second call and received all the deletion info for the old channel numbers, my Premier dutifully adjusted the majority of my SPs to the new channels.

However, where it falls down is where I had SP's that were using the old HD channel names, e.g. AMCHD. Now that TW is usinfg a single unified channel name for both the SD and HD channels, e.g. simply AMC, all my SP's for FXHD, AMCHD, DSCHD, etc, were no automatically adjusted and were all showing no upcoming episodes. I had to manually go in and create new SP's for the new channel names, move them to the right place in the SP list, then delete the old SP's.

The channel lineup is certainly much clearer and cleaner now, but the transition process has been a right royal PITA.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
gigaguy

Me too, yesterday I deleted channels and messed with SPs some but am sort of watching to see if it sorts itself out. Yesterday SPs did not record, had the old channel #'s so I created some new ones. I had lots of duplicates #'s and San Antonio channels too. I was getting a lot of pixelation on many channels.

Today most looks better. I think it may have fixed my upcoming SPs to the new channel #s today and signals are stronger. I cant tune FX or FXX and have one San Antonio news channel but mostly seems like it is settling down ok and behaving. I never reset anything.

Last edited by gigaguy : 04-24-2014 at 03:41 PM.
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #8
Eccles
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
This was resolved the next day, when they pushed yet another guide update, this time renaming 803 from KEYEDT to KEYEDT2.

FYI, for anyone who's still having trouble replacing their old HD-channel SP's with new ones on the "combined" channels, I wrote up a procedure that might help - or might help your family and friends who come crying to you.