Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

Tivo Stream, Premier, and Multi Room viewing

I have a Premier and a THX (lifetime)

If I get a stream and connect it to my premier, will I be able to remotely access shows off my THX via MRV?

example; if my THX has a show on it I want to watch, can I transfer it to my premier, and watch it (all remotely?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Yes

TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

The TiVo Stream doesn't connect to your Premiere. You connect it to your router and every TiVo on your network should be available (except wireless TiVo's). I used to use a wireless bridge in my bedroom That mostly worked just fine. In prep for TiVo System for android I pulled a wire through the wall. I may when I move late next month try using my 5Ghz wireless bridge (not TiVo wireless).

----
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB+w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB
TiVo Stream (happily streaming to Android)
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

TC CLUB MEMBER
You do not need the stream. The Tivos can transfer/copy/stream to each other. They need to have the Media Access Key, which should be the same as in your tivo.com account. Also, in there, under DVR Preferences, each of your Tivos has 2 checkboxes which should be checked and click Save at the bottom. Then, (if any changes) Force Tivo connections on your Tivos to update.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
bradleys
It'll be fine....

If you have the Stream setup and working with your Premiere, then yes, anything you MRV from your S3 to the Premiere will be available for stream.

TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
ej42137

As ThAbtO said above, you don't need the Stream for TiVo to TiVo downloading or streaming; the TiVo stream is only needed to stream from a Premiere to a device other than another TiVo, such as an iPad or an Android tablet. The S3 series can't do this even with a stream and the Roamio doesn't need a separate Stream because the Roamio has a Stream built in. Your local cable company may restrict your content in regards to streaming; TWC in my area lets me stream broadcast networks like ABC but not premiums like HBO or cable stations like AMC. Other cable companies have different levels of restriction.

ej42137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

Thanks,

I understand going Tivo to Tivo and have been doing that for years. That is not the issue I am asking about.

Specifically what I am asking is this:

I am away from home. I have a show on my series 3 (only)

Can I log in to my stream device and transfer the program from my series 3 to my premiere and then watch it remotely?

I would not be able to directly interact with my series 3 tivo correct?

scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
moyekj

Problem with your scenario is if you are away from home you won't have a way to initiate a transfer from you Series 3 to your Premiere.
That's one advantage of using Slingbox instead for this kind of scenario. With Slingbox attached to Premiere you could initiate the transfer from S3 to Premiere and then watch it as it transfers just as if you were sitting at home in front of Premiere.

Alternatively, if you had all series 4 or later units then you could use TiVo Stream to watch programs from any of them without having to transfer between them. i.e. Ditch the series 3 in favor of series 4 or later.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote