TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
chashd

Swap button?

Just got the premiere 4 and love it, but I am not able to easily go between the four tuners. It says the swap button should cycle between the tuners, but nothing happens. The other tuners are in use, because it shows the recordings when I click the info button, but I am not able to pause one tuner, go to another, then cycle back to my paused show. Any suggestions?
chashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chashd View Post
Just got the premiere 4 and love it, but I am not able to easily go between the four tuners. It says the swap button should cycle between the tuners, but nothing happens. The other tuners are in use, because it shows the recordings when I click the info button, but I am not able to pause one tuner, go to another, then cycle back to my paused show. Any suggestions?
Use the info button and go down one click and you will see all the other channels, you can go to each one. The enter does not change the tuner, I think Live TV button does.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
windracer
joined the 10k club

Live TV is used to swap between tuners (or via the channel banner as described above) and Enter toggles between the current and previous channels. If the previous channel happens to be on another tuner, it will swap tuners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
chashd

I guess my point is that the 'live tv' button does not cycle between the four tuners. I can get to the other tuners through the info button, but I thought there was just a 'one button click' that could accomplish this. Oh well.
chashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
I guess my point is that the 'live tv' button does not cycle between the four tuners.
Yes it does ... for me anyway.

|
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
I guess my point is that the 'live tv' button does not cycle between the four tuners. I can get to the other tuners through the info button, but I thought there was just a 'one button click' that could accomplish this. Oh well.
It definitely does.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
lessd

Quote:
I just tried the live TV remote button and it does switch between tuners.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Tuner Swap

Quote:
the swap button should cycle between the tuners, but nothing happens
Pressing the Live TV Swap button should cycle through your Premiere 4's four tuners. It might not seem to be working if you press it too fast between swaps or if some tuners are on the same channel or if the TiVo has rebooted in the last few minutes.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
ogre73

For over two years I have had no problems with the ir commands to my TiVo, but i am currently having an intermittent problem with my Live button not swapping tuners. It will register that the button has been pushed by the yellow light blinking on the front of the unit, and it will go to live tv from a recording or from tivo central, but it will not swap tuners. This is on both my Harmony remote and the original TiVo remote.
In addition, I have a button on my Harmony remote that is programmed with the code to go straight to Now Playing. This has also worked for over two years but in the last month has all of a sudden been acting up at exactly the same time as the Live button.
This has been happening about once a week. Rebooting fixes the issue, but I really dont want to have to reboot every week. Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me, and if so, why?
ogre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
MPSAN

When I hit INFO and go down 1, I see all my 4 tuners. How can I go directly to a tuner in the list without cycling thru with the live TV button? I keep seeing mention of the banner...left and right do not seem to take me anywhere in the info screen.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
windracer
joined the 10k club

After pressing Info and then Down (to see all of your tuners), press Right to move the highlight onto the first tuner. Then you can use Up/Down and Select to pick a specific tuner.

|
Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
After pressing Info and then Down (to see all of your tuners), press Right to move the highlight onto the first tuner. Then you can use Up/Down and Select to pick a specific tuner.
GREAT...I will have to try this!