TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
KustomMerc

Series 3 "No Guide"

I own a Series 3 with now no guide (to be Announced), customer service is telling me that 4 days ago a firmware update came down and they accidentlly sent some code that makes some of the Tivo's think they are a mini Tivo which no matter what you do you won't get a guide! He says that he has had another call today about a series 2 that has the same issue (bad code)

He doesn't know how long it will take to patch it or even if they can fix the problem !!!!! I have life service yikes!!

KustomMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Call again, he's wrong.. here's the primary thread on the issue:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=543071
It has nothing to do with a mini.

The answer is that some units were mapped to move to the new software before a lineup was ready for them, but it's resolvable, read the other thread, grab some knowledge from it, and then call them back if needed.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:18 AM   #3
Worf

Mine had that problem, but while it was saying no guide data, it was also saying "pending restart". (The TiVo updated itself earlier in the day). So I forced a reboot which forced it to apply the second update. After that I had to force a daily call which loaded the new guide data into it.

Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Mine had that problem, but while it was saying no guide data, it was also saying "pending restart". (The TiVo updated itself earlier in the day). So I forced a reboot which forced it to apply the second update. After that I had to force a daily call which loaded the new guide data into it.
Same here, but something is wonky with some of the season passes.
Discovery channel was one. TiVo guide data indicated discovery programming 5 hours.
I had to go into todo list> history > find fast & loud and sacred steel and use more options to manually record them. They did record.

Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
Big Deficit
Happy now?

I ran out of guide data Saturday. It took 3 forced downloads and 3 restarts, but the guide data "came back". I would try the restarts first. On the second, I could see the guide data using find by Time or Channel, but it was still gone from search. The 3rd restart fixed it all up.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:18 AM   #6
Worf

I would restart and do a connection - you know it loaded when at the end the loading takes a little while.

But yeah, I lots of "<Channel> Programming". It's Rovi's fault for that one - the same data shows up on my cable box (Rovi data), and my WMC box. They all use Rovi data and the "<Channel> Programming" is a plague affecting all of them.

Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #7
Teeps

Update:
Guide data appears "normal" again for Discovery Channel.
That is no more Discovery Channel programming seen on the live guide grid.

Seems it takes about a week for TiVo to get sorted, at least that's what I've experienced.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #8
KustomMerc

ok Tivo said to re set up guide twice then do a power down then re-set up guide twice , then do that again and it should work.........well I can tell you with all these set-ups and power downs and restarts I still don't have any guide or a machine that will record off of a season manager. When I was told the bad code came with the firmware update I expected Tivo to fix it or ? send me a new black bolt! (they cost about the same with life serv.) I can't keep spending hours hoping I get the dam guide do restarts and set-ups.......hello?

KustomMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #9
Teeps

Check the GC* line found in the system info screen.
What is the date and time.

* GC = garbage collection (tivo term) it's a house keeping function that must complete.

Does your cable co use a Tuning Adapter?

Old 09-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
jwestover

Cool Series 3 NO GUIDE as of today

Yes, it does use tuning adapter, and two cable cards for dual channel recording. Reset and talked to Cox and Tivo. Tivo admitted to the problem saying it would take time.

I will try anything, but would like something more definite rather than waste time.

jwestover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #11
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestover View Post
Yes, it does use tuning adapter, and two cable cards for dual channel recording. Reset and talked to Cox and Tivo. Tivo admitted to the problem saying it would take time.

I will try anything, but would like something more definite rather than waste time.
What version of software do you have and when did your TiVo update for the Rovi guide data?

What do you have in your guide? TBA for everything or does it end as of a specific date?

Scott

Roamio Pro - 3TB - All-in
S3 HD - 2TB - Lifetime (son's)
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote