Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
pmyers

?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

This season has been the worst. I ffwd every time they say something breaks. If I wanted to watch a show about fixing machines I'd watch monster garage. Tht said, I hope Parker succeeds and Todd goes home with nothing. Diamonds are a pipe dream. The size that they are finding are too small for jewelry so not worth much.

Glad to see big boot finding some gold. Hope cahoon yields some good gold for them.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
pmyers

yeah, they've gotten away from showing any actualy mining or clean-outs and now just focus on the "drama".
Old 01-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
pmyers

Really, the only thing I'm interested in anymore is Cahoon Creek!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

I stopped watching this season, Todd is such a tool and with the value of Gold I believe their days are numbered.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
Zephyr

South America = Fast Forward. Go away Todd! No cleanout = fast forward. Bering Sea, same, no cleanout = fast forward. I guess that means, these shows reaching theend of the run on my passes.
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
Jayjoans

What do Todd and his father do there in the jungle? From what the editors have shown us, they aren't doing a thing. Now I'm surprised to see them on screen, I've totally forgotten about them.

I chuckled when I saw Parker's new hire wearing his 3:16 Mining sweatshirt.

Although I enjoy both shows, it's getting more and more like Axe Men, I just ff to the parts with Shelby, at least that guy has an entertaining personality.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
South America = Fast Forward. Go away Todd! No cleanout = fast forward. Bering Sea, same, no cleanout = fast forward. I guess that means, these shows reaching theend of the run on my passes.
I agree. The cleanouts where my favorite part. I love watching those machines work and the gold just seperate out and into a jar.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #10
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
What do Todd and his father do there in the jungle? From what the editors have shown us, they aren't doing a thing. Now I'm surprised to see them on screen, I've totally forgotten about them...

We really haven't seen Jack much and Todd is always in shorts and flip flops...how do you work in a jungle in flip flops?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Jayjoans

If you think about how many people are in the jungle producing this TV show, it really isn't as primitive as they're trying to make it look. I would guess there are probably at least 40 people living out there, you can see by their dormitory style building that they've built themselves some decent living areas. Nothing was said about the building of their facilities, or showed any of the struggle to get those materials out to the mining site, or food, or medical, or power, etc. My guess is that it's not as remote as portrayed, or there is the ability to fly in whatever they need whenever they need it. Certainly there was a struggle to get the heavy equipment in, but that's tough to move almost anywhere.

When Todd went in to meet with the claim owner, nothing was shown in regard to the treacherous river crossings, miles of muddy road, etc. I'm sure he hopped in a chopper and landed in town. I can see where the claim owner would be disappointed that they haven't found any gold, as this is probably one the better equipped mining operations out there, it's just operated by idiots. (I don't believe the claim owner is actually upset, I'm sure that's all staged for the cameras to generate false urgency)
Old 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #12
markb

Was watching Friday's episode, and noticed that the little preview they showed before the episode gave away how pretty much everything was going to turn out at the end of the episode.
markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Yeah, I FFWD through all that. The only thing I can think that will be redeeming about this season is the "after the gold" special where Parker and the dakota guys rub Todd's nose in all the gold they get. Hair brained scheme to go to South America. Truthfully, there's no "season" in Guyana per se so they could jsut keep mining, but there's no way they are going to get close to even.

I wonder how much has been spent on shipping, leasing equipment, labor, insurance...etc. They have to be in the millions now.

Parker has crap for ground and is only mining $7 per yard, but at least he's making up for it in volume. I admit some of his problems are made up, but still. He's at least not stupid enough to try to go mining in a third world nation.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #14
Jayjoans

I've also noticed they've never mentioned the value of the diamonds they're finding, probably because their value is laughable. They're hoping we're too stupid to realize that a few TINY little BS diamonds aren't worth a damn and that we'll get all intrigued by sparkly rocks and forget how stupid the whole Guyana trip has been.

I was hoping the claim owner was going to laugh in Todd's face and throw his little vial of 12 diamonds off into the bushes.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #15
pmyers

Yeah...somebody here mentioned those diamonds are not even big enough to be gem diamonds so their value is probably very minimal. That's the stuff they probably use in saw blades and mechanical stuff.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #16
pmyers

I really liked this last episode about parker and his family....I was worried that they were going to say that grandpa had died as the credits rolled.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #17
The Flush
Anonymous User

I hope next season (if there is one) only has Parker, Tony Beets, and Dakota Fred on it. I did not like Fred in the first season, but at least he is competent compared to the Hoffmans.
The Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #18
pmyers

agreed.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #19
Numb And Number2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
I hope next season (if there is one) only has Parker, Tony Beets, and Dakota Fred on it. I did not like Fred in the first season, but at least he is competent compared to the Hoffmans.
If Todd Hoffman had never been born then you'd not have this thread to post on.
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #20
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

I hope they do an "after the gold" reunion.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #21
jeepair

Makes me wonder if next season we get to see Parker's brother Pacey working the Gold Nugget while Parker is up in the Klondike? Or will Parker hang around and assist his brother early on with his Grandpa there?

Gold Nugget sure lives up to its name. Find a few of those and $$$$$$$.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote