TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
reedog117

Arrow Missed recordings for no reason tonight?

I have a Roamio Pro with approximately 60% free space. I had SP's setup earlier tonight for NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Agents of SHIELD, and a few other shows.

I noticed that NONE of them had recorded, so I went to my Recording History to say what was up.

All shows that were set to record between 7:00p and 10:00p EDT tonight say "Deleted" When I go into any of these shows (around 10 of them) they all say: "X Space Needed"

This makes no sense at all since I have more than enough space free, and the TiVo is supposed to delete the oldest episodes to make room for the newest ones.

Coincidentally, as I've been typing this my TiVo just suddenly rebooted. Is there some sort of issue going on right now with the TiVo servers and/or the software preventing my recordings from happening?
reedog117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Might be related:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=521648
Old 10-08-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
reedog117

I haven't had it reboot repeatedly though -- just once. Perhaps there was some weird bug between 7p-11p tonight?

I also noticed some other shows after that timeframe are giving an R105 error and saying it wasn't recorded...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
timr_42

I've had a similar problem with my Roamio. Last night will be the third time it's happened in the last couple of weeks. Last night it was @midnight, Sat night it was Samari Jack. Not in the To Do list. No reason for them not to show up. There was not 4 shows being records(causing them to be bumped). Just like they didn't exist.
I am not having the reboot issue described above, just this. It's causing me to look at the to do list every evening to check on shows. I normally would look about once a week to make sure things looked ok.
timr_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedog117 View Post
I have a Roamio Pro with approximately 60% free space. I had SP's setup earlier tonight for NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Agents of SHIELD, and a few other shows.

I noticed that NONE of them had recorded, so I went to my Recording History to say what was up.

All shows that were set to record between 7:00p and 10:00p EDT tonight say "Deleted" When I go into any of these shows (around 10 of them) they all say: "X Space Needed"

This makes no sense at all since I have more than enough space free, and the TiVo is supposed to delete the oldest episodes to make room for the newest ones.

Coincidentally, as I've been typing this my TiVo just suddenly rebooted. Is there some sort of issue going on right now with the TiVo servers and/or the software preventing my recordings from happening?

Did it delete those shows to make room for stuff recorded after 10PM?

It shouldn't be necessary, but I learned the hard way on an S2 that I needed to go into the Recently Deleted folder and permanently delete stuff when space was low to keep it from deleting recent recordings while leaving stuff in the Recently Deleted folder unmolested. Maybe that's just an S2 thing, but can't hurt.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post

It shouldn't be necessary, but I learned the hard way on an S2 that I needed to go into the Recently Deleted folder and permanently delete stuff when space was low to keep it from deleting recent recordings while leaving stuff in the Recently Deleted folder unmolested. Maybe that's just an S2 thing, but can't hurt.
I get thoroughly slammed, and piled-on, when I ever say I "manage" what is in RD, especially if I dare to suggest anybody else might want to "manage" RD.

"Manage" = permanently deleting what I'm 100% done with, and keeping things like movies I may want to watch again, but would rather have them deleted, than old episodes of a series I'm holding onto, in the NPL/MY Shows area, in hopes the missed ones re-air, or become available via a no rental/purchase streaming option.

I've found KMTTG invaluable for managing things on my TiVos, especially RD.

I've found KUID (Keep until I delete) something best never used, as it always becomes a problem, at some point, no matter how I try to use it...
Old 10-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
cherry ghost

I had a weird one recently. Had a recording set for a show at 9:00 pm. It was in the To Do List earlier in evening when I checked, as I usually do. Started watching a 30 minute show from My Shows at about 8:55 to kill some time before watching the 9:00 show about 15 minutes behind. When I finished the 30 minute show, saw that the 9:00 show wasn't recording. Checked History and found

User Didn't Allow
This show was not recorded because someone in your household did not allow the TiVo box to change channels to begin the recording.

Never got a pop up during the 30 minute show asking to allow the channel change and I shouldn't.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
celtic pride

On my tivo premiere i've been lucky and have never had that problem i often get that pop up message while wathcing tv ,and sometimes i dont see the message in time to ''allow'' the tivo to change the other tuner in time,But the tivo changes the other tuner anyway. sounds like you have a bug to me.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
shwru980r

Upgrade to a larger hard drive so you have more space.

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I had a weird one recently. Had a recording set for a show at 9:00 pm. It was in the To Do List earlier in evening when I checked, as I usually do. Started watching a 30 minute show from My Shows at about 8:55 to kill some time before watching the 9:00 show about 15 minutes behind. When I finished the 30 minute show, saw that the 9:00 show wasn't recording. Checked History and found
User Didn't Allow
This show was not recorded because someone in your household did not allow the TiVo box to change channels to begin the recording.
Never got a pop up during the 30 minute show asking to allow the channel change and I shouldn't.
I very rarely even see those "TiVo needs to change (current/other) channel" messages (used to see them a lot), but really, I should with only 4 tuners. Never had the issue you describe, but will watch for it, and report in, if I see it. It's better than dismissing your reported experience, or suggesting a larger hard drive (which has absolutely nothing to do with that message, or the history entry).
Old 10-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
mattack

Quote:

You're not claiming it deleted things *NOT* in the RD folder, while KEEPING recordings in the RD folder, are you?

That _should_ never happen.. except RD recordings are deleted for Suggestions if you have them on, and I guess technically it will probably delete 'regular' recordings if things are 'stuck' in the RD folder, which I definitely have seen (which is clearly A BUG, and worked around by a reboot).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #12
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
You're not claiming it deleted things *NOT* in the RD folder, while KEEPING recordings in the RD folder, are you?

That _should_ never happen.. except RD recordings are deleted for Suggestions if you have them on, and I guess technically it will probably delete 'regular' recordings if things are 'stuck' in the RD folder, which I definitely have seen (which is clearly A BUG, and worked around by a reboot).
That's exactly what happened.

On a TCD649080

More than once.

And I have noticed on the S3s I have set up for my mom that when scheduling a recording results in denial due to lack of space or a warning that some other show will be deleted almost as soon as it's recorded I can fix that by cleaning out the Recently Deleted folder.

I have no experience with S4s and S5s.

And one of the first things I do setting up a TiVo is to disable suggestions.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #13
reedog117

I talked with support and they told me to repeat Guided Setup as something may have gotten borked.

There's no way I should have run out of space. ~40% free on my TiVo means at least 1TB for new recordings so I don't get what's happening. In addition I had a 30 min show set to record on Thursday that just never recorded with nothing in History or elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #14
mattack

Quote:
And I have noticed on the S3s I have set up for my mom that when scheduling a recording results in denial due to lack of space or a warning that some other show will be deleted almost as soon as it's recorded I can fix that by cleaning out the Recently Deleted folder.
You're confusing things.

That warning refers to its figuring of what space will be available (or not) at the time the recording is supposed to happen.

In other words, if there are keep until I delete recordings _or_ other recordings within their default 2 day save window for example, it will not allow more recordings to be made _now_, since it doesn't know that _by then_ you will have actually watched and deleted things..

Yes, it can be a pain, but it really is about the only easy way to make a recorder that a "normal person" can use. (I know ReplayTV had a "guaranteed and non-guaranteed" setting, but I think even they gave it up in later versions.)

Please post a picture of it mentioning the *recently deleted* folder. Those are deleted automatically.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote