TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
bgroth393

Two Streams, Two Locations, One Account

I have searched the forums and don't see an answer to this question.

I have been a longtime slingbox user looking to get away from the large number of devices connected to various networks and overall looking at ways to simplify things. That being said i have a number of Tivos (Roamio and two premieres) at Location 1 i have a premiere at location 2, these locations are states apart so i cant try this easily.

I have the builtin Tivo Stream at location 1 (in the roamio) and at Location 2 i just purchased a new stream and plugged it in (there is a single premiere at this location). I am now only able to download content from the stream at location 2.

My question is:

Does anyone have a similar setup? i am hoping that the stream at location 1 simply needs a restart and i will ultimately be able to stream from location 2 when i am at location 1 (or anywhere for that matter).

Does anyone know if there is a limitation restricting each account to only one stream from one location?

bgroth393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
Sparky1234

All have to be on the same MAK.

Sparky1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
mae

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroth393 View Post

Does anyone know if there is a limitation restricting each account to only one stream from one location?
I have two plus' with built in streams at different locations, on one account with the same MAK and I can stream from either.

mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah you'll have to go through the setup in the app and pick the stream that's physically at the location where the TiVo you want to use it, but other then that it should work. The first time you do the setup you have to be on the local network, but after that it should work remotely.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #5
CharlesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Yeah you'll have to go through the setup in the app and pick the stream that's physically at the location where the TiVo you want to use it, but other then that it should work. The first time you do the setup you have to be on the local network, but after that it should work remotely.
Another point that I have observed is that the setup on the local network only needs to be done once per stream, even if you have multiple client devices. I did the local setup using one Android phone, and I could then set up another client remotely. One stream, one local setup, two client devices.

CharlesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #6
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae View Post
I have two plus' with built in streams at different locations, on one account with the same MAK and I can stream from either.
Ditto

HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #7
bgroth393

Thanks for all the responses. I obviously have done the configurations at both locations but since adding the second stream I am no longer able to use the first stream (error 0x207). I don't use this function all that often (usually just sling box) so I don't know if the 207 error is related to the new stream or some other problem. I was able to vpn back to my home network this evening and restart my home stream (built in to a roamio plus) but that did not solve the problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

bgroth393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:06 AM   #8
HarperVision

Have you looked on the TiVo support page for what error 0x207 is? If it's not there I would call or chat with them to see.

HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote