TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Hcour

Your Fav Big Brother Seasons? (No Spoilers Please)

I'm watching the current season and enjoying it. Not as good as Survivor, but entertaining. The only other season I've seen is the one where Rachel Reilly won (Season 13, I think). I'd like to watch some other seasons. Which do you recommend as the best? Thanks much!
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I've watched every season and honestly, as much as I've enjoyed them as summer time killers, I can't think of a single season that stands out as being (re)-watchable. Heck I can't even recall a fraction of who all were in the older seasons other than the one BB seems to like to cram down our throats when they trot them out in the newer seasons.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I'd recommend two seasons (although I can't remember which BB season they were). The first I'd recommend is S2 I think. This is the first Dr. Will season. To me, Dr. Will wrote the book on how to win Big Brother (or almost any of these types of shows for that matter). He was an expert at playing the social game while also being able to either win a competition or have his alliance win for him.

The second season is the first one with Dan. Dan, was just awesome to watch playing both sides of the house and Houdini-ing himself off the block. Edit: This was S10

I'll bet the popular consensus here will be the Kaysar-Janelle-Howie season, but I coldn't stand any of them, so for me it was not as good.

Last season was really good too, with the return of Dan.

I hated the Rachel Riley seasons, and even stopped watching the season you watched after it was apparent she was going to win.

Last edited by Steveknj : 07-15-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Steveknj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

What Steve said is good. Also I liked the one with the "twin twist" (season 5?) where there was a set of twins switching off places in the house and playing as one player. I thought that was fun.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
What Steve said is good. Also I liked the one with the "twin twist" (season 5?) where there was a set of twins switching off places in the house and playing as one player. I thought that was fun.
That was a good one too.

Season 6 was the one I thought would be the most popular one here, but not one I found. A lot of the genesis of the vindictive screaming matches we are seeing this season really started with S6. That was he most fractured house up until that point and maybe ever.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
jeff92k7

I enjoyed Big Brother Australia season 9 (last year). It showed a much more watchable way of structuring the game. It focused more on relationships and personal interactions, rather than the USA version that purposely arranges it to create as much drama as possible.

Everything is better, from the way they handle nominations (and aren't allowed to talk about it), to the games that, for the most part, were designed to have the house work together. (Love the naughty corner). Based on the audience size, the Australian version is WAY more popular than the USA version is.

I really wish the USA producers would take some lessons from the Australians on how to produce a decent big brother series.
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
Shaunnick

I enjoyed All Stars season and the season that had Eric as America's player.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
I enjoyed Big Brother Australia season 9 (last year). It showed a much more watchable way of structuring the game. It focused more on relationships and personal interactions, rather than the USA version that purposely arranges it to create as much drama as possible.

Everything is better, from the way they handle nominations (and aren't allowed to talk about it), to the games that, for the most part, were designed to have the house work together. (Love the naughty corner). Based on the audience size, the Australian version is WAY more popular than the USA version is.

I really wish the USA producers would take some lessons from the Australians on how to produce a decent big brother series.
Did you watch these on Torrents? Is it available to watch in the US?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I enjoyed All Stars season and the season that had Eric as America's player.
I liked the America's player, even though I generally don't like audience intervention in the game. But because the audience votes made it SO obvious that Eric would have played it differently, I enjoyed watching how he did it. I thought he was smart enough to win that season if he could have played his own game.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
Hcour

Boy, this was a bad idea. Apparently some people don't understand the NO SPOILER concept. Thanks a lot.

Thread closed. To me anyway.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
Boy, this was a bad idea. Apparently some people don't understand the NO SPOILER concept. Thanks a lot.

Thread closed. To me anyway.

Did you expect people to respond with nothing more than the season numbers they thought were really good? If that's the case, starting out a thread you titled for no spoilers with a spoiler about who won season 13 probably wasn't a good idea. Stating who won has got to be the biggest spoiler there is.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Watching reality shows from years ago is like watching a sporting event taped.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #13
jeff92k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Did you watch these on Torrents? Is it available to watch in the US?
Yes, I found torrents for it. In the US, we have to be "creative" about how we obtain foreign shows that aren't offered at all here.
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I'm watching the current season and enjoying it. Not as good as Survivor, but entertaining. The only other season I've seen is the one where Rachel Reilly won (Season 13, I think). I'd like to watch some other seasons. Which do you recommend as the best? Thanks much!
LOL, so you say "no spoilers" but then post the bolded

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Season 2 was awesome. I hated Chilltown at first then came to root for them in the end. I have that one downloaded to my media player and will rewatch.

The allstar season with Janelle, Howie, Dr. Will, Boogie is a close second.

BTW: The worst would be the nerd-herd season.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
Yes, I found torrents for it. In the US, we have to be "creative" about how we obtain foreign shows that aren't offered at all here.
Not desperate enough to watch to do and deal with torrents, but thanks anyway
Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Did you expect people to respond with nothing more than the season numbers they thought were really good? If that's the case, starting out a thread you titled for no spoilers with a spoiler about who won season 13 probably wasn't a good idea. Stating who won has got to be the biggest spoiler there is.
Ok. Fair enough. Apologies for starting my own non-spoiler thread with a spoiler. That was dumb.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I only watched the first 2-3 seasons. The only thing I remember about the show was a hot, plastic blonde from Las Vegas. There was some online thing you could pay to watch stuff and images of her naked were caught. That was my fav part.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

I gave up on this show a long time ago, but some of the earlier seasons were pretty good. I liked the Janelle seasons and the Dr Will seasons. Janelle was incredibly hot and also surprising good at the competitions. I always hoped she would go on Survivor. Dr. Will was great at playing the game and manipulating people. The best season I remember was the all star season with Dr Will.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #20
dfergie

4 was my first season (did buy 3 and watch)liked it and 5 and the theme song they used then...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I only watched the first 2-3 seasons. The only thing I remember about the show was a hot, plastic blonde from Las Vegas. There was some online thing you could pay to watch stuff and images of her naked were caught. That was my fav part.
Did some googling to find some pictures of this blonde as a refresher. Looks like she is in prison for killing 2 people while drunk driving.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
Shaunnick

Name?
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Did some googling to find some pictures of this blonde as a refresher. Looks like she is in prison for killing 2 people while drunk driving.
wha?!!!!!!

Link please.

I know one former winner is/was in prison. I won't reveal who because it's a spoiler!!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #24
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Well, her name on the show was Tonya Paoni. Her last name was Casper at the time of the accident in 2009. It looks like she was charged with the death of the 2 people in 2010, but I can't actually find whether she was found innocent or guilty. At the time she was charged, she was in jail on $1 million bail.