TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
roadkill_97006

Question Jumps to another show when ending reached

Select a show from the My Shows list, watch it to very near the end (all but the ads, etc), give it a <- to get the save or delete - and it jumps to the next higher show in the My Shows list. If you're not careful, you'll delete the next higher show from My Shows. It doesn't happen every time, but mostly it seems to. If its already the top show in the list, no problem, and it never jumps to a lower show. 20.2.2.1 on an XL4.

Last edited by roadkill_97006 : 01-01-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Typo
roadkill_97006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
EntropyFox

I've noticed this too. It doesn't happen all the time but every now and then I'll finish watching a show and when I'm done and go back (<-) to the show screen it isn't always the show I just finished watching. I might watch an episode of Top Gear but when the I'm done the show screen might be for an episode of Sports Center that's more recent. As you point out, if you don't pay attention you might end up stopping/deleting a program different from the one you just watched.
EntropyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
roadkill_97006

Angry Still happening after update to 20.3.1

I just was watching the US Open and was down to the end of the first segment. I hit left arrow and got the stop recording message and without thinking clicked to stop the recording. What I didn't realize was that the TIVO had jumped to the second segment being recorded on another channel. I was 40 minutes into that second segment when it stopped the recording. Luckily, I realized what had happened pretty quickly and didn't miss much, but this is a common problem for me. If I'm not paying close attention at the end of a show, it will jump, usually up the list. Pretty annoying.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
compnurd

This has never happened to me
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
roadkill_97006

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
This has never happened to me
So feel lucky. I know I'm not alone.