TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
sieglinde

Cool Ever had Tivo update fail for a day?

I noticed that both of my Tivos had not done an update on Friday. So I forced one and it failed saying it was disconnected during the update. I tried it off and on all day Friday. Then this morning I tried it and both Tivos updated fine. This means it was not a hardware problem with my Tivos. (I had hard rebooted both which helps with many a problem) It was not a problem with my internet because the diagnostics said that was OK and I could see the lights on my modem happily blinking. Weird. Was Tivo down?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

It happens. You have 12 days of data so there is no reason to force a call when it fails. It'll bug you if it happens for more then a few days in a row.

Last edited by Dan203 : 06-15-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
waterchange

Tivo did tweet yesterday "We are aware of some network issues that may affect some customers. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible."
waterchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
sieglinde

Thanks. The thing that prevented me from contacting Tivo on Friday was time and I had not had time to make sure my network was not the problem.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
I noticed that both of my Tivos had not done an update on Friday. So I forced one and it failed saying it was disconnected during the update. I tried it off and on all day Friday. Then this morning I tried it and both Tivos updated fine. This means it was not a hardware problem with my Tivos. (I had hard rebooted both which helps with many a problem) It was not a problem with my internet because the diagnostics said that was OK and I could see the lights on my modem happily blinking. Weird. Was Tivo down?
I've had updates fail sporadically for years.. but yeah, I saw the same interruption a few days ago..

It's annoying, since I really thought the problem was on my end (though I knew I was able to see the web on my iphone through my wifi router).. But my iPad couldn't successfully connect to my Premiere 4, and both Premiere 4 & TivoHD couldn't complete a connection.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote