Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am enjoying it as well.

All of the Ron Howard stuff is great.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Rob Dawn

Does anyone know how long Netflix is going to have the new season up? the wife wants to watch the previous seasons on DVD before watching the new season, but I don't want to miss the new episodes!!
Thanks!!
PS3 for Blu-ray & gaming
Rob Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
DeDondeEs

They don't have the previous seasons on Netflix? ETA, oh wait looks like they do. Rob Dawn's comment about watching them on DVD confused me.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dawn View Post
Does anyone know how long Netflix is going to have the new season up? the wife wants to watch the previous seasons on DVD before watching the new season, but I don't want to miss the new episodes!!
Thanks!!
Netflix will have it up forever. It's theirs.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I can't imagine them taking it down any time soon. They're using it to bring new customers in.
Or, what TB said.

Last edited by Gunnyman : 05-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
JohnB1000

But it's just a semi-original!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Loved the moon landing segment.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
JohnB1000

Wow Portia looks different. What's changed about her?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
Azlen

Steve Holt (Justin Grant Wade) looked very different and I wouldn't have recognized him either.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
She's aged, not plasticized, but looks like she lost weight on the itty bitty frame she already had.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M

Last edited by gchance : 05-26-2013 at 07:26 PM.
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
She's aged, doesn't plasticized, but looks like she lost weight on the itty bitty frame she already had.

Greg
I don't know, her face is different, I am guessing cheek implants since they are not moving

I looked up some recent pictures and she looks more like her old self, it's something about how she looks in the show.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
Donbadabon
Geocacher

While the producers stated that these could be watched in any order, I don't think that is the case at all. Some of the jokes are setup as they go along, and if you watched them out of order it would get lost.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
While the producers stated that these could be watched in any order, I don't think that is the case at all. Some of the jokes are setup as they go along, and if you watched them out of order it would get lost.
I think they backed off on that.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Nose job. She no longer has a pointy beak.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
getbak

Quote:
Mitch Hurwitz left a note for the fans...

Second paragraph of page 2: "Except, you know, it's really meant to be watched in order."
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #17
dagojr
June

Did it really just end like that????? is there more??

Facebook.

dagojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagojr View Post
Did it really just end like that????? is there more??
When this was conceived, the thought was that it was going to lead to a movie but that is still a long ways a way from happening. (They definitely were meta about that when Ron Howard was casting Opies and Michael said he's been hearing about that movie for 40 years.)
Sounds like Netflix would love to do another season but nothing has been finalized yet.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #19
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Lucille's prison # never fails to make me giggle: 07734. :P

ANNYONG!

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 05-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #20
trainman
Nice to see you

I opined in the "trailer" thread in Happy Hour that they'd shot the airport scenes at Ontario, but it was actually Burbank-Bob Hope standing in for every airport (including India, with the picture mirrored so the traffic is flowing the other way).
Old 05-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
I haven't quite finished yet, but it is strange to watch considering that the season spans 5+ years hops back and forth so much with the different POVs.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #22
Langree
The Gimp

Some great call backs you can miss if you blink.

The back of the campaign banner in ep 8, Red Hairing.

The "You're killing me Buster" banner.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
The "You're killing me Buster" banner.
"I can't handle another couple days like that."

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 05-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I was pretty much underwhelmed by Season 4. There were some laughs, but it felt off for some reason.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #25
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I was pretty much underwhelmed by Season 4. There were some laughs, but it felt off for some reason.
The only thing I've found off is Jeffrey Tambor's portrayal of Oscar. Part of it is he doesn't have hair, but there used to be a much bigger gap between Oscar & George.

And for the record, I *hate* the fact that they re-cast young George & Lucille. I kind of liked the fact that it was just different hairstyles in flashback. That and the fact that Seth Rogen just can't act.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 05-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #26
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

The first 3-4 episodes were very strong but after the 5th or 6th I was watching just to get through them.

*sigh*
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

For me Maeby had the best story.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #28
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I watched in chunks of 4 or 5 episodes at a time... 4 after midnight when they were released, 4 on Sunday morning, then a couple here and there Sunday afternoon. While there were some episodes better than others, taken as a whole, they had their place (like some of the lighter episodes of Lost).

I don't see how some people are expressing such disappointment. For me, it's certainly not Star Wars prequels or Ren & Stimpy disappointment. More like Doctor Who revival enjoyment.

I swear, the interaction in later episodes that built from the earlier ones reminds me of Primer.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #29
JohnB1000

What happened to all the people warning episode specific requests.

Disappointment comes from unrealistic expectations.

I just finished Episode 5 - Tobias, that one came together well seeing the off-camera interactions with Lindsey's story.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #30
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Part of the problem with binge watching is I have a hard time remembering what happens in specific episodes rather than just a general "it happened at some point". With AD, some events are happening in multiple ones (Tobias doing his little twirl in the maritime courtroom for instance). That makes it difficult for me to post to a specific episode thread, at least until someone else mentions something.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M