TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
enzo thecat

Best Splitters for MoCA???

Splitters come in different GHz versions. What splitter is the best configuration for the Tivo and MoCA networks? I've added a Mini and had to crawl in the attic and bypass an amp and add splittersn to get it to work. The splitters are old and I need to get a 3 way anyway. So I am asking for suggestions from knowledgeable people. I think the MoCa works within certain frequencies so I think performance may be affected with the selection of splitter. I need a 2 way ans a 3 way splitter. I would greatly appreciate any educated suggestions?

Thanks!

e

edit: I did search for answers here on this forum. The threads that allude to it have different suggestions. I'd like clarification on the matter.

Last edited by enzo thecat : 04-17-2014 at 03:50 PM.
enzo thecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

Basically anything 1GHz and above is fine. Sometimes lower frequencies work, but 1+ GHz is the safe floor.

Last edited by BigJimOutlaw : 04-17-2014 at 06:19 PM.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
enzo thecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
Basically anything 1GHz and above is fine. Sometimes lower frequencies work, but 1+ GHz is the safe floor.
Ok Thank you!
enzo thecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
jmbach

MoCA uses frequencies less than 1.7Ghz at this time. More information can be found here at the MoCA Alliance. So ideal splitters would accommodate frequencies at least that high.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #5
tarheelblue32

The higher frequency the splitter is rated for the better. If you can find one rated for higher frequencies then get that.

Here are splitters I am using that work well for me:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPF-Tw...=coax+splitter

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1APT76KOF3HFE

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2E65I5CQT64X1

But if you can't find a high-frequency splitter, a 1Ghz splitter will probably work just fine with MoCA. The truth is that even if a splitter isn't actually rated to pass through the higher frequencies, they often will anyway. From what I've heard, MoCA is actually designed to "power through" splitters.

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : Today at 12:33 AM.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #6
ffitzgerald39

Best Splitters for MoCA

Strange as it seems the three way splitter supplied by Comcast works fine for me for MoCA. The internet signal travels back from the router through the adapter back through one splitter leg and out another splitter leg to the Roamio pro. I get Tivo to PC transfer rates as high as 80Mbps. I get Netflix downloads at 20-25 Mbps.
ffitzgerald39 is offline   Reply With Quote