TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
LouB

Premier dog slow the past few days

Hi Guys,

My premier has been super slow to react to command (going to tivo central, moving menus, back to like, launching HBOGO and Amazon) the past week or so..

I am at 20.6.1.RC14-01-2-750 done reboot with no help. Any suggestions ?

I have been thinking about a Bolt but I use the RCA outputs to drive a remote TV in the kitchen and the wife is not thrilled about having to put a mini on the counter for the small tv

Thanks
Lou

LouB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
achalupa

If you disconnect it from the network, does it get any faster? The streaming services won't work but I'm curious if local activity becomes more responsive.

achalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
LouB

Nope.. A cold restart after a dial home and it seems to be better... Winder when will get .257?

LouB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

I'm not sure if you have a few hours to kill, but my cleanup seems to work on strange problems. First, it does kill your streaming flags. It runs in two phases. Under reset/restart there is an option marked "Clear Program Information and To Do List". It first cleans things up. Then it makes you do a connection to download a new guide. Then the 1P entries need to be indexed. On a basic Roamio this requires about an hour. A Premiere will take longer. You do not lose recordings, schedules or a guide based 1P. Streaming 1P may be affected. I do this every few months, usually at the end of the season.

Like a computer, the Premiere isn't running slow, it's just busy doing things.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
paully65

My XL4 would always move dog slow every few weeks and I would reboot it and it would move fast for a few weeks, etc. I even did a reset and that only worked for a short time. I have the latest update also. But something really weird happened. I turn my TV on about a week ago and everything is super fast! I did not do anything either. Not sure what went on, but I am not complaining.

paully65 is offline   Reply With Quote