TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
rramstad

Nothing in My Shows or My To Do List

This is odd... we've got a Premiere and it's been working great for quite some time.

I wanted to schedule some NCAA games and logged into the TiVo web site.

My Shows and My To Do List are both empty.

I used the web interface to request a couple of games, got an email right away, and then after two hours, still hadn't gotten a verification email, so we rebooted the TiVo.

I got an email verification more or less immediately after the reboot.

Very oddly, My Shows and My To Do List are still both empty.

It's pretty clear that the box is working OK as it got my request for the shows OK, and the shows are showing up in To Do on the box itself, and we can manually tell the box to connect, with no errors... but those lists are not populating on the web site.

Thoughts?

Anyone else having the same problem?
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
rramstad

Random aside, all my Season Passes show up in the interface.

I'm pretty sure that the web site is broken. I'm calling TiVo Support.

Interesting stuff...
Old 03-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
rramstad

Support says there is a known issue if parental controls are enabled that items do not show up in the web interface. They could not tell me if this is a bug or a feature i.e. if it's something they intend to fix. Interesting. I have not tried disabling parental controls yet.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
wmhjr

This is not just parental controls. I've noticed similar behavior recently (yesterday even) with my XL4. Some things showed up in my "to do" list and others did not. When I checked locally on the XL4, all of the scheduled recordings are there.

Of course, I've also seen some odd things on the HDUI menu as well lately, where some things don't show up as "checked" in that they'll be recorded while you're in the guide, but if you go to "To do" they are there. Or, that they are not marked as "new" in the guide when in fact they are - and they end up recorded.

Clearly some issues. I've not seen this level of unpredictability in quite some time.
wmhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
toups

As you can see from http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...57#post9692757 I've been fighting this issue for several years on a HDXL. It looks like disabling parental controls and forcing a VCM connection might be the solution. However, in the past I have had my shows visible for a day only to disappear again. I'll check in a day or two to see if this works for more than the initial connection.

Also at one point in the ancient past I did a "Clear and Delete the Programming Information and To Do List." at the direction of tivo support; Shows recorded before then do not show on the tivo.com website. I assume if you re-do a guided setup, the shows recorded before then may not show on the website.

Last edited by toups : 06-08-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added information
toups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
toups

Yes, after turning off parental controls, the shows showed up on line. Turning on parental controls causes the tivo.com website to no show any shows.

FWIW, a change to parental controls appears to force a VCM connection.
toups is offline   Reply With Quote