TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
cheesesteak
Meh.

Covert Affairs "Rock a My Soul" 8/6/2013

The world's worst secret agent strikes again. She got two Chinese spies killed in this episode. Yes, Henry may have killed them anyway but Annie disobeying another direct order put them under her protection, so their death was her responsibility, in my opinion.

I kinda wanted Annie and Augie to get together but now I'm not sure I like the direction is going. Annie whining about secrets is getting on my nerves. They work for one of the most secretive organizations in the world, where information compartmentation is critical for national security and she's going to throw a tantrum whenever Augie, her boss, doesn't tell her everything? Wasn't she banging a wanted terrorist last season?

The DPD knows Henry Wilcox has spies and moles in the agency. Why hasn't it taken steps to weed them out yet?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The world's worst secret agent strikes again. She got two Chinese spies killed in this episode. Yes, Henry may have killed them anyway but Annie disobeying another direct order put them under her protection, so their death was her responsibility, in my opinion.

I kinda wanted Annie and Augie to get together but now I'm not sure I like the direction is going. Annie whining about secrets is getting on my nerves. They work for one of the most secretive organizations in the world, where information compartmentation is critical for national security and she's going to throw a tantrum whenever Augie, her boss, doesn't tell her everything? Wasn't she banging a wanted terrorist last season?

The DPD knows Henry Wilcox has spies and moles in the agency. Why hasn't it taken steps to weed them out yet?
The whole thing is silly and stupid and it's still a fun watch. There's no way that the DPD position would ever be filled by the disgraced former DPD's wife. That would be too much of a security risk. So, much like most James Bond movies, stuff here is so far fetched, you don't watch for realism
Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
The whole thing is silly and stupid and it's still a fun watch. There's no way that the DPD position would ever be filled by the disgraced former DPD's wife. That would be too much of a security risk. So, much like most James Bond movies, stuff here is so far fetched, you don't watch for realism
Yes, it's silly and fun but it still sends my brain to WTFville every other episode.

Who was the dude who fired Augie? Is this the first time we've seen him? He doesn't work for Joan and seems to be lower than her on the CIA totem pole.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Yes, it's silly and fun but it still sends my brain to WTFville every other episode.

Who was the dude who fired Augie? Is this the first time we've seen him? He doesn't work for Joan and seems to be lower than her on the CIA totem pole.
They showed him outside of the senate confirmation hearing when Joan came out. He was being interviewed for the same position, but Joan got it and he's been a sore loser about it.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote