TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Humans - S01E03 - 7/12/15 *spoilers*

Anita got thrashed by that van hitting her. I was very surprised to see just a few "skin" tears but no breaks in the internal frame. Synths must be made out of some pretty strong material. Pretty cool that her eye just automatically heals itself. Wonder why they couldn't make the skin do that as well.

Why would a Synth need to wear a bra? Couldn't they engineer the boobs so they stay up on their own?

What's up with Niska meeting Leo and Fred at the emergency rendezvous point but then telling them she's not going with them? Why even show up if she's just going to bail on them? And when she ordered that drink in the bar: What happens when a Synth ingests food or liquid? Do they have fake digestive systems?

The filming of the "wreck" of William Hurt's Mercedes was comically bad. It looked like it was going about 1 mph before it hit the tree stump. With Odi all alone in the forest, I assume he'll just run out of batteries and go dormant. Since William Hurt's character is so keen on preserving the "memories" that Odi has, I'm surprised he didn't try to take him to some modder that could download all the data from Odi and then upload it into a more current Synth. Or just repair Odi so he's no longer malfunctioning. Seems odd that he felt that he'd have to hide him in the shed and then abandon him in the forest.

I'm not sure I care yet about the guy hunting Leo's team. And the Synth cop who just got suspended is going to cause some trouble, but I don't care about him either.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
KenDC
Huggy Bear

I assume the bra is just to make them seem more life like.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post

Anita got thrashed by that van hitting her. I was very surprised to see just a few "skin" tears but no breaks in the internal frame. Synths must be made out of some pretty strong material. Pretty cool that her eye just automatically heals itself. Wonder why they couldn't make the skin do that as well.
The eye thing was cool, but it also kind of bothered me. If they have technology that is that advanced, there is no way the rest of their world would still look like our own.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this show. The actress who plays Anita deserves an Emmy nomination. She is incredible.

(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
wprager

She is a model with 18+ features. This show aired pre-watershed. That explains the bra.

It's painful watching her performance and then watching Dark Matter. Currently our favorite new show.

wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
She is a model with 18+ features. This show aired pre-watershed. That explains the bra.

It's painful watching her performance and then watching Dark Matter. Currently our favorite new show.
She was in the latest episode of the series "Dates", a British import on the CW. She seems to specialize in robotic performances.

On the other hand, I think the robot on "Dark Matter" is more fun.

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
mostman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post

We had the same conversation in our house. The Dark Matter android is pitifully bad. Really the only low spot of acting on that show. Dark Matter with Anita would be so much better.

mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #7
thewebgal
MacAphile AV geek

I grew up as a hard-core SF reader - I'd been watching the SciFi channel since day 1 but I gave up on any semblance of decent SF from the SkyFried channel about 2 years back. With fluff shows like Ascension that could have been well done, but weren't, they just tick me off. And Pro wrestling?? you gotta be kidding me!

But with shows like Humans, Doctor Who, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell, and Orphan Black airing elsewhere, who needs the Skyfied channel anyway?

(Tho I do get cool vibes with characters named Capek and Anita's rescue this week as somewhat like "The Electric Grandmother" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083876/)

Last edited by thewebgal; 07-19-2015 at 03:36 PM.
thewebgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #8
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
We had the same conversation in our house. The Dark Matter android is pitifully bad. Really the only low spot of acting on that show. Dark Matter with Anita would be so much better.
This.....and I was really jolted when the daughter was connecting Anita straight to her laptop and Anita yelled "I'm in here! Help me!"...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #9
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
This.....and I was really jolted when the daughter was connecting Anita straight to her laptop and Anita yelled "I'm in here! Help me!"...
The show has been consistently good, but that was an OUTSTANDING moment both within the story and showing the range of the actress as all of a sudden she was no longer an emotionless automaton for that moment.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
The show has been consistently good, but that was an OUTSTANDING moment both within the story and showing the range of the actress as all of a sudden she was no longer an emotionless automaton for that moment.
I agree. It was horrific, too, because up until that point I had been thinking that Anita was aware and autonomous at all times but hiding and acting. That moment revealed that the truth is that she's trapped inside and perhaps doesn't have as much autonomy as I had thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote