TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
toups

No items in "My To Do List" or "My Shows" at tivo.com

When I go to TiVo.com there are no items in "My To Do List" or "My Shows." The "Season Pass" manager appears to be working. The TiVo has been making VCM Connections.

I have tried several chats and e-mails with TiVo.com where they had my try the usual power cycles and forced update. They also had me do a "Clear and Delete the Programming Information and To Do List."

I am waiting to see if TiVo responds with any further instructions, but I did get a response that they do not support modified systems. (I have updated my TiVo HD XL to a 2 TB disk drive using winmfs.) I replied that this issue pre-dated the update, but we will see if I have reached a dead-end with TiVo.

Any suggestions as to any debugging steps that I should try?
toups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
toups

Well just got my reply from TiVo and not unexpectedly it was:
Quote:
By this point, we can no longer support that TiVo unit as it has been modified. I greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If any further questions or concerns arise, feel free to get back to us at any time.
I see their point, but I believe the issue predates the upgrade. At least they don't disable an upgraded system. So this will not be a rant regarding TiVo support. They can't protect us from ourselves and they are generally very responsive. So as far as I am concerned they have done more than I might have expected.

Back to the problem at hand, well I can schedule recordings online and the season pass works, but "My To Do List" and "My Shows" are always blank.

If I had the time, a great experiment would be to install the original drive and do a complete clean to see if that solves the issue. However, my replacement drive has over a 1TB of recordings that I don't want to lose.

Any non-destructive solutions?

As a baseline, is the "My To Do List" and "My Shows" working for those with upgraded systems (especially beyond 1 TB)?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I noticed on tivo.com that one of the suggestions is to reboot the Tivo. I assume you have tried that.

Having said that, you can re-install the original hard drive and see if that clears the problem.

After the test, you should be able to put your upgraded hard drive back in and continue where you left off. Your recordings will still be there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
toups

Yes, tried multiple reboots and clearing the program data.

Actually, it wasn't working before I changed the disk drive. If I have a free weekend, I could try re-installing and also the nuclear option of a delete and clear all on the old drive. However, it will be some time before I get a chance to try that.

Any chance a kickstart 57 or 58 might fix things? (I assume that works on a HD XL.)
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
toups

Tried a kickstart 57, but still no joy.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
dwit

Winmfs does not really work to upgrade to 2TB. I don't think you will find a regular poster here that has a regular, stock Tivo HD upgraded to 2TB internal via winmfs and have it working in a stable fashion, long term.

Try the 2TB upgrade using the JMFS for Tivo HD program. You will find the thread near the top of the "Tivo Upgrade Center" forum.

If you were experiencing this issue before the upgrade, it's possible your original drive is going bad. But either way, winmfs + a 2TB drive does not work.

Good luck.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.

Last edited by dwit : 11-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
toups

You are correct for a TiVo HD, but mine was a TiVo HD XL that started with a stock 1 TB drive. Since the added partition is only 1 TB, my understanding is that winmfs does work in this case. (I had checked on this board prior to the upgrade and received confirmation that it should work.)
Old 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
toups

Update, changed to a static TiVo address a while back than using a DHCP assigned address for the TiVo. That time after forcing a connection and waiting until later in the day, I as able to access my "My Shows" and "My To Do List" exactly one and it disappeared again never to be seen again on the website.

Today, on a whim, I changed the static address. After forcing a connection and waiting I am again able to access my "My Shows" and "My To Do List". Now to see how long they stay around. Things seem to be working at least for the moment!

Of course, unfortunately, any show recorded before clearing the program data is not visible on the web. Evidently, add changing the local IP address to the list of things to try. (I wish I hadn't tried clearing the program data when so instructed since I think that was a red herring and caused more grief than it solved.)
Old 01-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
toups

Update, now they have disappeared again. (Season pass list is still visible as always.)

Is there possibly some internal routing issue due to an internal router or switch at my end? Does the web site try to access the TiVo or does it just use information from when the TiVo phones home?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
toups

Solved?

Well, finally got back to this problem. Ran across post 3 from this thread http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=457368 and noticed that I had used an "_" in my TiVo name on the website. Removed the underscores and it now appears to be behaving! Need to give it a few more days, but this appears to be the solution. (At least I am hopeful.)

This after running another cat-5 line to get a switch out of the equation. However, still the same issue. Removed the underscore from the name and now I am hopeful!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
toups

Not Solved

Still flakey even after removing underscores. Not sure what is going on.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
toups

Finally an update! Noticed this recent thread: http://browse.feedreader.com/c/TiVo_Community/369878683 and turned off parental controls, forced a connection and now my shows are showing up.

We'll have to see if they stay but we might have found the real issue. TiVo.com has a bug if parental controls are turned on. I'll update in a day or two if this solved my problem. Not sure I want to disable parental controls, but will try for now as an experiment.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
toups

Yes, after turning off parental controls, the shows showed up on line. Turning on parental controls causes the tivo.com website to no show any shows.

FWIW, a change to parental controls appears to force a VCM connection.