TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #31
Richard Cranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
While the amount was disappointing its still one of the largest patent settlements in history.
Weren't you the guy that wrote in a Seeking Alpha article a couple of days before the settlement that you expected a $1.6 BILLLION settlement from MOTO alone?
Richard Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Norma Stitz View Post
Weren't you the guy that wrote in a Seeking Alpha article a couple of days before the settlement that you expected a $1.6 BILLLION settlement from MOTO alone?
Yes. he is, and while he eating his Aipo and explaining how he got it wrong. This also does look good for TiVo.

Cox may license Comcast RDK middleware platform:

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/cox...ource=internal

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #33
Richard Cranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv View Post
Yes. he is, and while he eating his Aipo and explaining how he got it wrong. This also does look good for TiVo.

Cox may license Comcast RDK middleware platform:

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/cox...ource=internal
<< While Comcast doesn't charge royalties to companies that license the RDK, it requires those that develop solutions based on modifications to the RDK to contribute their technology with other licensees. Necessary compared the RDK to Linux, the open-source computer operating system. >>

No royalties? But how will they stay in business?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #34
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv View Post

Is there a "not" missing there? I don't see how Cox licensing Comcast tech is good for TiVo.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #35
ah30k

Anyone know what value Google indemnified Arris at when they sold the Motorola turd? I know for a fact that Google limited Arris' exposure to the TiVo lawsuit but I don't know the amount.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #36
drebbe
Carbon Blob

50 million as cited here. http://variety.com/2013/digital/news...it-1200493696/
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #37
sbiller

Cramer's Lightning Round - I Bless TiVo (6/12/13)

Bullish Calls:

TiVo (TIVO): "It makes no sense (that it isn't higher). People didn't like the settlement that came in the lawsuit. I, on the other hand, feel there is value there. I am blessing owning TiVo."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1499...rs_picks&ifp=0
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #38
Richard Cranium

Quote:
Bullish Calls:

TiVo (TIVO): "It makes no sense (that it isn't higher). People didn't like the settlement that came in the lawsuit. I, on the other hand, feel there is value there. I am blessing owning TiVo."

Sammy found the one clown that is worse at picking stocks then him and jumps on his bandwagon.

$1.6 BILLION dollars from MOTO alone!!!

Point and laugh kids, point and laugh....
Old 06-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #39
Richard Cranium

Quote:
Bullish Calls:

<< Morgan Stanley. Cramer recommended buying this stock on 9/15/06 at $70.95 per share. Its recently been trading around $25. >>

Lehman Brothers. Cramer recommended this stock on 10/17/05 at $55.18 per share. On 9/5/08 with the stock trading at $16 per share, on CNBC, Cramer selected Lehman as a "screaming buy" and said things couldn't get any worse for the company. The firm went bankrupt and the stock trades for pennies per share for more than a 99 percent loss for Cramer.

Merrill Lynch. Cramer recommended buying this stock on 9/19/05 at $60.17 per share and sold it on 9/12/08 for $17.05 per share for a 72 percent loss.

In the 12/30/07 issue of New York Magazine, Cramer made investing in Goldman Sachs his #1 recommendation for the year. He said looking ahead through the end of 2008, "Goldman Sachs makes more money than every other brokerage firm in New York combined and finishes the year at $300 a share. Not a prediction-an inevitability." Goldman has been trading in the $150s. >>
Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Is there a "not" missing there? I don't see how Cox licensing Comcast tech is good for TiVo.
Your right there should be a NOT in there. My bad.

Comcast has no need to make money off of this. What Comcast is doing is licensing an SDK in an "open source" way so that developers end up sharing their code. This speed up development and improvements to the DVR software. Not good for TiVo.

HDTiVo
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
Johncv

Quote:
Bullish Calls:

I read that also Sam, and TiVo sign up another cable provider, can't think of the name of it now. The eight larges in the country

HDTiVo
Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #42
tivogurl

Shows the shortsightedness of the litigation. TiVo sued for cash rather than a royalty and a mandate to use TiVo's hardware and software. Now that TiVo has no leverage push their technology into the carriers that just settled, those carriers will probably punish TiVo in retaliation.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote