TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce
 
Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southwestern Virginia
Posts: 21,107
The Good Wife "Red Zone" OAD 11/9/14

What was the white card? A bug? Planting evidence on her?
__________________
If you read my post and think "AYFKM? She's got to be joking." Then yes. I'm joking.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
jasrub
Registered User
 
jasrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 43
Maybe it was really nothing, but he was simply testing her to see if she was trustworthy or not. Maybe have someone else that works for him look through her wallet at a later date to verify she did it.
jasrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Marc
Now Legally Married
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: McMurray, PA
Posts: 12,206
TC CLUB MEMBER
Did anyone understand why Kalinda decided to break the white card? It appeared that she made that decision based on something she saw in the wallet, but I'm not sure about that.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Graymalkin
Style and Panache
 
Graymalkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 48,457
It might have been a tracking doohickey. In any case, the writers obviously decided she needed to grow a conscience at the worst possible time. Now the question is, Does she leave the show in a blaze of glory or quietly enough that she could come back as a guest star?

Not-So-Saintly Alicia keeps making bonehead moves. She just isn't a politician. She doesn't have the right instincts.

So Castro is out of the race? What motivated that? I'm sure they gave a reason, but my brain obviously fuzzed out and I missed it.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
What was the white card? A bug? Planting evidence on her?
I think it probably doesn't matter 'what' it was, but rather was a test by Bishop that Kalinda has now failed. He was already suspicious of her so whatever it was was probably just a way to test her loyalty.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
smak
TV MA SLV
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NoHo, CA USA
Posts: 16,114
I hate the fact that off show actor movement is making me possibly foreshadow upcoming show events that I might not have otherwise.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce
 
Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southwestern Virginia
Posts: 21,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
So Castro is out of the race? What motivated that? I'm sure they gave a reason, but my brain obviously fuzzed out and I missed it.
They keep telling us how strong the third candidate is. I assume that scared him away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I think it probably doesn't matter 'what' it was, but rather was a test by Bishop that Kalinda has now failed. He was already suspicious of her so whatever it was was probably just a way to test her loyalty.
Why didn't she just tell her GF about it?
__________________
If you read my post and think "AYFKM? She's got to be joking." Then yes. I'm joking.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
They keep telling us how strong the third candidate is. I assume that scared him away.



Why didn't she just tell her GF about it?
Because Kalinda doesn't consider her a "girlfriend".
Just someone she sleeps with and occasionally gets information out of.

(You may have noticed that Kalinda has commitment issues.)
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #9
Howie
Out of Pocket
 
Howie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 9,107
Could Kalinda's girlfriend be on Bishop's payroll? Maybe that's what Kalinda's epiphany was when she was looking at her wallet. Whatever, the girlfriend is quite attractive, to say the least.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,612
TC CLUB MEMBER
Is Kalinda going to kill Bishop, or vice-versa? That's my hunch anyway.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #11
SleepyBob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Could Kalinda's girlfriend be on Bishop's payroll? Maybe that's what Kalinda's epiphany was when she was looking at her wallet. Whatever, the girlfriend is quite attractive, to say the least.
My wife said her epiphany was that she actually had feelings for the girl.

I was guessing that the card was a bluetooth tracking card to assist in waylaying GF in a deserted alley somewhere.
SleepyBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Why didn't she just tell her GF about it?
Because Kalinda isn't a helper (SoA reference)

We don't know that Kalinda isn't going to tell the GF since the last thing we saw was her breaking the card (at least, that's the last thing I remember.) I doubt that she will tell her since Kalinda doesn't seem to offer up info to the GF but rather wants info from the GF.

Oh, and poor Cary. He seemed seriously bummed that Kalinda didn't want an exclusive with him.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
It might have been a tracking doohickey. In any case, the writers obviously decided she needed to grow a conscience at the worst possible time.
i was thinking it was tracking, too.

if she had gone through with planting the card, it would have been surprising to me, i was shaking my head up until she broke it in half. i was even halfway expecting her to refuse taking the card, but she is so out of character around bishop (compared to her dealing with past creeps).
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #14
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce
 
Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southwestern Virginia
Posts: 21,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post

My wife said her epiphany was that she actually had feelings for the girl.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post

We don't know that Kalinda isn't going to tell the GF
If she were going to tell she wouldn't have broken it. Then the GF could have selectively used it to mislead Bishop.

Kalinda is terrified of Bishop. For good reason.
__________________
If you read my post and think "AYFKM? She's got to be joking." Then yes. I'm joking.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #15
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Oh, and poor Cary. He seemed seriously bummed that Kalinda didn't want an exclusive with him.
Considering that Cary has carried a bit of a torch for Kalinda since the beginning of the show, I can't say I blame him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i was thinking it was tracking, too.

if she had gone through with planting the card, it would have been surprising to me, i was shaking my head up until she broke it in half. i was even halfway expecting her to refuse taking the card, but she is so out of character around bishop (compared to her dealing with past creeps).
I think the issue is that Kalinda is extremely cognizant of the fact that Bishop could ordered her killed without a second thought.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #16
Cainebj
Registered User
 
Cainebj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,768
I thought it was a wire but you all are probably right it was a tracking device.

The GF is a Fed and Kalinda overheard her talking about Bishop after she said she had nothing to do with Bishop's case - which is why I don't think she would tell her about it.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,612
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Kalinda is terrified of Bishop. For good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I think the issue is that Kalinda is extremely cognizant of the fact that Bishop could ordered her killed without a second thought.
That's why I think there's going to be a showdown between the two. Probably not until the end of the season though.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #18
Gunnyman
Super FunBall
 
Gunnyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 29,653
There have been more menacing bad guys than Bishop on TV. He doesn't seem all that scary compared to say Barksdale from the Wire or Luther Mahoney from Homicide Life on the Street.
__________________
It's a sociological cornucopia of silliness.
Gamertag: GGwallen
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce
 
Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southwestern Virginia
Posts: 21,107
But Kalinda isn't on any of those shows.

Has SHE encountered a more menacing villain?
__________________
If you read my post and think "AYFKM? She's got to be joking." Then yes. I'm joking.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
Gunnyman
Super FunBall
 
Gunnyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 29,653
Good point. I'm just not feeling the fear myself.
__________________
It's a sociological cornucopia of silliness.
Gamertag: GGwallen
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #21
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,760
I don't see Kalinda as being afraid of Bishop. I think she has a healthy respect for him, but I don't see fear there. I think since she dealt with her ex-husband, she doesn't fear anyone. Now it may get her killed, but I don't think she cares. She's not going to let Bishop control her.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #22
Jon J
Curmudgeon
 
Jon J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Music City USA
Posts: 7,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Oh, and poor Cary. He seemed seriously bummed that Kalinda didn't want an exclusive with him.
He could have suggested a threesome.
__________________
That's my opinion and it ought to be yours.
Jon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #23
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce
 
Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southwestern Virginia
Posts: 21,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I don't see Kalinda as being afraid of Bishop. I think she has a healthy respect for him, but I don't see fear there. I think since she dealt with her ex-husband, she doesn't fear anyone. Now it may get her killed, but I don't think she cares. She's not going to let Bishop control her.
Really? Have you seen the look on her face every time she's been ushered into his car?

I agree that she's not going to let him control her, though.
__________________
If you read my post and think "AYFKM? She's got to be joking." Then yes. I'm joking.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #24
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Really? Have you seen the look on her face every time she's been ushered into his car?

I agree that she's not going to let him control her, though.
Yes, I've seen her face. And I don't see fear there. I think if she really feared him then she'd do what he wants. She never does what he wants. He tells her not to talk to his guys, but she does it anyway. He tells her to give him names, she doesn't. And now he tells her to plant the mystery white card, and she doesn't. Not only doesn't she, but she breaks it. So to me that seems to show she doesn't fear him. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time today.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #25
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Yes, I've seen her face. And I don't see fear there. I think if she really feared him then she'd do what he wants. She never does what he wants. He tells her not to talk to his guys, but she does it anyway. He tells her to give him names, she doesn't. And now he tells her to plant the mystery white card, and she doesn't. Not only doesn't she, but she breaks it. So to me that seems to show she doesn't fear him. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time today.
She is very aware of the fact that he could ordered her killed at the drop of hat.
In that respect, she fears him.

However, she isn't letting her fear dominate her dealings with him and doesn't just do whatever he says so she isn't cowered by her fear.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #26
JohnS-MI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SE MI
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Kalinda is terrified of Bishop. For good reason.
I have an alternate theory based on the opinion Kalinda has big, brass ones. The whole terror and cooperation is some long con. If her plan works, Bishop ends up dead or caught red-handed and in jail for life. If the plan fails, she ends up dead, of course. However, I am betting on Kalinda.

It's just my crazy theory, but time will tell.
JohnS-MI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #27
Gunnyman
Super FunBall
 
Gunnyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 29,653
Speaking of Kalinda.
She and Alicia haven't shared a scene together in more than 30 episodes now.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyorley/k...-the-good-wife
__________________
It's a sociological cornucopia of silliness.
Gamertag: GGwallen
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #28
Howie
Out of Pocket
 
Howie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 9,107
I wouldn't share a scene with someone who had slept with my husband either.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #29
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
She is very aware of the fact that he could ordered her killed at the drop of hat...However, she isn't letting her fear dominate her dealings with him...
this is closer to how i view the relationship, and knowing kalinda, she already has multiple escape strategies, for several different scenarios, planned in advance.

the only questions - which to use, when to use them, and who will survive.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #30
brebeans
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Really? Have you seen the look on her face every time she's been ushered into his car?

I agree that she's not going to let him control her, though.
Agree. I don't know if she's afraid of Bishop, but for sure, she knows that he'd kill her in the blink of an eye. So, she's cautious and, after their last conversations....she's a bit more 'scared' than usual.

I'm curious, too, about what breaking the white card was about...I didn't get the sense that she realized she had feelings for her f**k buddy/GF,.

Since we all know that Kalinda is not on the show next season....it will be interesting to see if there is a showdown or she 'gets out of dodge'...

And, it is not going to be the same show without her...she has some pretty big shoes to fill!
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |