TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
2004raptor

Big Brother - 7/31/14- Eviction Night

Honestly, I feel sorry for Amber. I don't watch the live feeds or read the spoilers so there may be more to her than shown on CBS.

Anyway, she basically got eliminated from the game because some stalker/loser/desperate idiot that calls himself Beast Mode Cowboy couldn't get her to "hook up" with him.
She did handle it well though. Maybe they'll be some follow up interviews with her that she won't be so nice, and deservedly so .

I know it wasn't their intention but I hate HOH comps that are played completely by the end of the show. I don't go into the spoiler threads but wouldn't mind knowing the outcome.

Edit - And now, we've lost the two hottest girls this season.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #2
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

I hope Amber's parents were on the outside with a restraining order already filed. He is psychotic! I would be afraid of him and there isnt much I am afraid of lol. The guy was creepy for sure.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I hope Amber's parents were on the outside with a restraining order already filed. He is psychotic! I would be afraid of him and there isnt much I am afraid of lol. The guy was creepy for sure.
Ya - if he didn't appear to be the size of a Hobbit, he'd be pretty scary.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Honestly, I feel sorry for Amber. I don't watch the live feeds or read the spoilers so there may be more to her than shown on CBS.

Anyway, she basically got eliminated from the game because some stalker/loser/desperate idiot that calls himself Beast Mode Cowboy couldn't get her to "hook up" with him.
She did handle it well though. Maybe they'll be some follow up interviews with her that she won't be so nice, and deservedly so .

I know it wasn't their intention but I hate HOH comps that are played completely by the end of the show. I don't go into the spoiler threads but wouldn't mind knowing the outcome.

I thought that Zach thought Amber was after him and possibly the other members and that's why they wanted Amber out. Didn't Christine hear her say that those boys need to be stopped or something like that. In fact they had to find a way to convince Caleb to vote her out. Caleb was not the reason she was voted out, and in fact might have kept her in the game longer.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I thought that Zach thought Amber was after him and possibly the other members and that's why they wanted Amber out. Didn't Christine hear her say that those boys need to be stopped or something like that. In fact they had to find a way to convince Caleb to vote her out. Caleb was not the reason she was voted out, and in fact might have kept her in the game longer.
I couldn't recall if Zach was told that because it was true or other strategic reasons. I guess you're right. Seems her stay there was probably tainted just because she was the object of his unwanted affection. Either way, I do feel kinda bad for her.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

I feel TERRIBLE for her. Her BB experience was completely forfeit by the rapey affections of a misogynist narcissist hobbit. She handled it with a lot more grace than I would have.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #7
andyw715

Quote:

zactly....not sure I'll bother now.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
From the spoiler thread

Spoiler:
Nicole and Donny won HOH

JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #9
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Amber's exit interview was great. She was incredibly well-spoken and she knows it's all a game so took that in stride as well. I was very impressed.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #10
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Amber didn't leave because of Caleb. She left because she was really bad at the game. She established herself as a competition threat, but failed to develop the right relationships.

Her only strategy was following Cody around the house. Throwing herself at Cody failed to save her because Cody is controlled by Derrick. Then she was undermined by Christine (who also throws herself at Cody--which is really weird) the one time she tried to build a life raft.

She was clueless in her interview. Donny controls the house? And, oh yeah, maybe I should be mad at Cody.

Pretty but dumb.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
Amber didn't leave because of Caleb. She left because she was really bad at the game. She established herself as a competition threat, but failed to develop the right relationships.

Her only strategy was following Cody around the house. Throwing herself at Cody failed to save her because Cody is controlled by Derrick. Then she was undermined by Christine (who also throws herself at Cody--which is really weird) the one time she tried to build a life raft.

She was clueless in her interview. Donny controls the house? And, oh yeah, maybe I should be mad at Cody.

Pretty but dumb.
Exactly.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
hairyblue
A good Man

How come Caleb couldn't see Amber wasn't interested in him? She politely made it clear, at least I thought she did. But maybe she'd have come out better if she hit him over the head with the obvious. Saying something like, "Caleb, you are really a great guy, and very handsome, but we just don't have chemistry. I'd love to be friends, though."

She maybe could have still had Caleb on her side and stayed in the house.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #13
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
How come Caleb couldn't see Amber wasn't interested in him? She politely made it clear, at least I thought she did. But maybe she'd have come out better if she hit him over the head with the obvious. Saying something like, "Caleb, you are really a great guy, and very handsome, but we just don't have chemistry. I'd love to be friends, though."

She maybe could have still had Caleb on her side and stayed in the house.
Obviously the CBS shows can only show a fraction of the stuff going on. I wouldn't say that Amber led him on, but she was def. playing him.

AFAIK, she never once said "Caleb, you are really a great guy, and very handsome, but we just don't have chemistry. I'd love to be friends, though."
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #14
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
Saying something like, "Caleb, you are really a great guy, and very handsome, but we just don't have chemistry. I'd love to be friends, though."
He would think she thinks I'm a handsome great guy, give me a week to work on the chemistry!!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #15
gweempose

Quote:

Honestly, I feel sorry for Amber. I don't watch the live feeds or read the spoilers so there may be more to her than shown on CBS. Anyway, she basically got eliminated from the game because some stalker/loser/desperate idiot that calls himself Beast Mode Cowboy couldn't get her to "hook up" with him ...
No. She got eliminated from the game because she sucks at it. She had zero strategy, and absolutely no clue what was going on in the house. When someone in the game has a crush on you, you flirt back and pretend like you like it. Alienating Caleb was just another stupid move in a terribly played game. I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
When someone has a crush on you, you flirt back and pretend like you like it.
Integrity aside; this was not crush-level attention. More like rabbit boiling attention. Dude is just straight up ****ed in the head. You don't mess with that level of creepy.

Shame on everyone in the house, and probably shame on production, too...for placating him and his completely inappropriate behavior.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
gweempose

What did you guys think about Team America deciding not to go for the mission? It seemed like Frankie and Derrick would have done it, but they couldn't convince Donny. I don't blame him. He's got his eyes on the $500K, and it would be stupid to do something that could potentially jeopardize your game at this point.

This season is turning out to be a real dud. Honestly, it's the most boring season I can recall, and I've seen them all. The double HoH thing took some of the fun and strategy out of the game, but the real killer is the cast. They are boring to watch, have virtually no chemistry, and a majority of them have no clue how to play the game.
(3) Minis

Old 08-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #18
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
What did you guys think about Team America deciding not to go for the mission? It seemed like Frankie and Derrick would have done it, but they couldn't convince Donny. I don't blame him. He's got his eyes on the $500K, and it would be stupid to do something that could potentially jeopardize your game at this point.

This season is turning out to be a real dud. Honestly, it's the most boring season I can recall, and I've seen them all. The double HoH thing took some of the fun and strategy out of the game, but the real killer is the cast. They are boring to watch, have virtually no chemistry, and a majority of them have no clue how to play the game.
Assuming I wouldn't be the kind of player to vote against the house to begin with (I think I would be), I probably wouldn't have done it either. So far, I don't think any vote has been split at all (?), so it really doesn't surprise me.

The season started out really well - but the crazy dude and the hot women all got voted out and it's been kind of predictable and boring.

I did like how Caleb was all "NO MORE ALLIANCES!!!!" I feel the same way. Zach is a ******nozzle.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #19
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Assuming I wouldn't be the kind of player to vote against the house to begin with (I think I would be), I probably wouldn't have done it either. So far, I don't think any vote has been split at all (?), so it really doesn't surprise me.

The season started out really well - but the crazy dude and the hot women all got voted out and it's been kind of predictable and boring.

I did like how Caleb was all "NO MORE ALLIANCES!!!!" I feel the same way. Zach is a ******nozzle.
I agree, I think this cast is clueless on how to play. I do like the double HoH though. I think it gave us something to watch for on Sundays which was usually a pretty boring night. I'm not sure if it's the worst, but it' up there. The eviction votes have been too predictable and there's been very little suspense. The producers are TRYING to make you think it might go a different way, but the red herrings they are presenting either make no sense or are just too obvious that they are red herrings. I don't think I've been surprised by one eviction yet.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

opos - I meant Cody
Old 08-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #21
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Amber's exit interview was great. She was incredibly well-spoken and she knows it's all a game so took that in stride as well. I was very impressed.
i agree, she came across as refined and eloquent.

i also noticed she didn't seem upset at all she was going home, and that makes me suspect she doesn't care about the game, and was only looking for broadcast exposure to further her aspirations.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #22
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i also noticed she didn't seem upset at all she was going home, and that makes me suspect she doesn't care about the game, and was only looking for broadcast exposure to further her aspirations.
That's what I thought too.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #23
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

does that even help anymore?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #24
verdugan

Quote:
The eviction votes have been too predictable and there's been very little suspense.
I'm surprised that every vote has been unanimous. That's boring.

However, the veto has been used every single week, so there's a bit of excitement. In reality, it just means that backdooring has become the go to strategy, which is a bit boring too.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #25
dirtypacman
Coming and going

I agree with the overall statement that this season is turning into a Dud. Zach can't bring drama that is trumped up into the game and make it exciting as he has tried. The casting was certainly bizarre this year, too many unique individuals that don't meld together very well. I am starting to like Hayden and Nicole more and more and Donny is certainly my favorite. Frankie plays too much to the camera. Hoping some struggles with nominations this week will cause some entertainment for the viewers.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post

However, the veto has been used every single week, so there's a bit of excitement. In reality, it just means that backdooring has become the go to strategy, which is a bit boring too.
This. It's not like we've had a ton of surprising vetos. Most of those have been predictable too. I bet they try and change up the veto next season. Not sure what they can do, maybe the person who uses the veto is available to be put on the block or something.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #27
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
does that even help anymore?
Probably not but don't tell that to the House guests.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #28
verdugan

Quote:
Not sure what they can do, maybe the person who uses the veto is available to be put on the block or something.
Yeah, they need to do something. When Nakomis came up with her 6 finger plan, they added random veto participation. That worked for a long time, but it's time to "fix" it again.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #29
jjd_87

Quote:
This. It's not like we've had a ton of surprising vetos. Most of those have been predictable too. I bet they try and change up the veto next season. Not sure what they can do, maybe the person who uses the veto is available to be put on the block or something.
This is the way it used to before they changed it to the Golden Power of Veto. I think the regular veto should make a return.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #30
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post

This is precisely why I don't like the double HoH and Battle of the Block. It makes backdooring the only sound strategy.
(3) Minis