David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
My first thought when the dogs showed up - "There's dinner"

"We are the Walking Dead."

Is Aaron a good guy or bad guy?
If they're following the comics in this instance...

Spoiler:

Good guy. He's an advance scout for the Alexandria safe zone, a place where the group finds a home for quite some time. Aaron's job is to follow groups of survivors, gathering enough information about them to determine if they're a threat or not. If they're not, he approaches them unarmed and offers them a home in Alexandria.

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
Necromancer2006

I was wondering how they were going to get out alive after being trapped in the barn with the walkers beating down the door. The tornado was a nice touch! Though I thought it was odd that they would feel safe and comfortable enough to sleep after such a rough night.

I have no idea who this Aaron character is, but do they finally catch a break? Or is this yet another psycho? How did he know Rick's name? Is he in cahoots with Morgan? Where has Morgan been - it's been over 3 weeks now since they buried Tyrese (I'm glad they gave us a time frame for that).

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
Beryl

Enjoyed this episode more than last week's.

It is good to see a new character introduced. He is so clean shaven though. He must have been holed up comfortably before emerging.

Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

The fact that Aaron was way too clean in this world makes me think he's nothing but trouble.

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
The fact that Aaron was way too clean in this world makes me think he's nothing but trouble.
<scoff> You're so cynical! Maybe he's just a really nice guy, who takes pride in his appearance!

Why do you always have to assume the worst about people?

Old 02-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Enjoyed this episode more than last week's...
I did too, but it still was another snoozer. I hope Mr. Clean means we can move this freight train ahead...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #8
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I did too, but it still was another snoozer. I hope Mr. Clean means we can move this freight train ahead...
I think you need to stop watching the show.

I thought the zombies at the door was imagined.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #9
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I think you need to stop watching the show.

I thought the zombies at the door was imagined.
I did too until they went outside.

It was a weird cut - all of a sudden they were all sleeping peacefully - I thought it was just a dream sequence for a few moments.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #10
MacThor
Not Pictured

As someone who has lived his entire life in either Northern Virginia or Richmond, I am very curious about this extremely rural route they are taking between the two.

Did the barn door have a bar, or was it just our survivors holding the walkers at bay? If there was no bar, I wonder how the survivors didn't burst out the door when the tornado sucked away all the walker resistance on the other side?

I'm hopeful that Aaron is a good guy. After the guys in the bar, the Governor, Pete/Mitch/Martinez's group, the "claimers," the Termites, the Hospital group...I'm starting to get "everyone else alive is a villain" exhaustion.

MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #11
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I did, too! Plus, he knows their names - or at least Rick's. How? Why?
Morgan's friend? Maybe. My first thought was totally Bad News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I did too until they went outside.

It was a weird cut - all of a sudden they were all sleeping peacefully - I thought it was just a dream sequence for a few moments.
I did, too! Actually, at first I thought it was the storm trying to get in - like a tornado - but then there were arms and too many to fend them off... then they show everyone sleeping. Weird.

Seems awfully special that the tornado went right around them. How likely is that, in reality?

SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #12
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
Seems awfully special that the tornado went right around them. How likely is that, in reality?
Entirely plausible. I grew up in Kansas and have seen tornadoes do the damndest things. The broken trees outside the barn looked realistic enough, but the walker's bodies would have been scattered far and wide by the wind.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
pmyers

Glad I'm not the only one lost on the zombnado (feel free to use that! LOL). I thought it was real, then I thought it was Maggie's dream, then back to real again with the tornado. I have no idea what we were supposed to get out of that.

I'll watch TD tonight and see if they discuss that.

pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #14
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
zombnado
From the people who brought you Sharknado and Sharknado 2...

meh
Old 02-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #15
Beryl

Quote:

Actually, at first I thought it was the storm trying to get in - like a tornado - but then there were arms and too many to fend them off... then they show everyone sleeping. Weird.

I didn't get this until reading this thread. :blush:

I thought they had laid some clever trap around the cabin prior to settling in.

That is what I get for multitasking through that segment.

Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #16
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Happens all the time - there are hundreds of pictures of one house being completely destroyed and the house right next to it not more than 20 feet away totally untouched.

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #17
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
Did the barn door have a bar, or was it just our survivors holding the walkers at bay? If there was no bar, I wonder how the survivors didn't burst out the door when the tornado sucked away all the walker resistance on the other side?
It didn't have a bar, but it was chained shut. However the chain didn't look too sturdy.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Happens all the time - there are hundreds of pictures of one house being completely destroyed and the house right next to it not more than 20 feet away totally untouched.
When I was little, my Dad drove past a house on his way to work. During the day a tornado came through. When Dad passed the house on his way home, it was on it's foundation, but it was turned 180 degrees so the front door was now facing the back yard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #19
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

The path of destruction looked a bit too narrow to me. I live in the Midwest, so I've seen many a news report on tornado damage. Not saying it couldn't happen that way, but still not a very realistic portrayal in my opinion...but, then, this isn't a "realistic" program.

XL4
Old 02-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #20
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
<scoff> You're so cynical! Maybe he's just a really nice guy, who takes pride in his appearance!

Why do you always have to assume the worst about people?

The Governor has colored my opinion

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #21
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Did someone actually mention "tornado" in the episode? I just thought it was a bad thunderstorm.

KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #22
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
My first thought when the dogs showed up - "There's dinner"
They showed a glimpse of the dogs last week in a preview and I thought it was a pack of wolves and related to that spray painted sign that referenced wolves and that town that Noah grew up was attacked by wolves.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #23
JohnB1000

I am 100% sure that the walker's in the barn was a dream (or let's say I was until I read here. There is no way they could hold them off , have no damage to the door and be comfortably asleep a few hours later (with no idea what happened). I hate all forms of dream sequences, especially those presented as real.

Decent show, Rick's ever growing beard is reminding me of someone.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #24
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
Did someone actually mention "tornado" in the episode? I just thought it was a bad thunderstorm.
No one said it, but the broken trees outside the barn and a clear trail of damage leading away were pretty clearly tornado damage.

meh
Old 02-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #25
Barmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
As someone who has lived his entire life in either Northern Virginia or Richmond, I am very curious about this extremely rural route they are taking between the two.

I'm hopeful that Aaron is a good guy. After the guys in the bar, the Governor, Pete/Mitch/Martinez's group, the "claimers," the Termites, the Hospital group...I'm starting to get "everyone else alive is a villain" exhaustion.
They are avoiding any major metro areas because those areas have higher concentrations of walkers.

I think every group has evil tendencies. Just varying degrees from slightly evil to dark lord evil. I think any attempt to be purely good in this world results in death.

Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I am 100% sure that the walker's in the barn was a dream (or let's say I was until I read here. There is no way they could hold them off , have no damage to the door and be comfortably asleep a few hours later (with no idea what happened).
But that doesn't explain all the dead and dying (or the zombie equivalent) walkers outside the barn in the morning...

Old 02-16-2015, 12:48 PM   #27
Barmat

My take on the storm is the group was exhausted/broken and after holding the door as a group they collapsed when the wind/zombies stopped.

Spoiler warning. There are some big events coming up. We're talking Game of Thrones level spoilers. Don't look at the spoilers hoping they might only be little ones.

Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #28
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmat View Post
My take on the storm is the group was exhausted/broken and after holding the door as a group they collapsed when the wind/zombies stopped...
I have a hard time believing that, especially since Darrell was awake.

Also...I found it strange that not 1 person yelled for help to the group. They just staggardly woke up and each came over without warning from anybody.

pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #29
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmat View Post
Spoiler warning. There are some big events coming up. We're talking Game of Thrones level spoilers. Don't look at the spoilers hoping they might only be little ones.
Here's a thought: why don't we just not post big spoilers (whether tagged or not)? Then there's no risk to anyone. What's the point of posting big spoilers here anyway? If people want to discuss the comics vs. the TV series I suggest a new thread for comic readers, similar to how it's done in GoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I have a hard time believing that, especially since Darrell was awake.

Also...I found it strange that not 1 person yelled for help to the group. They just staggardly woke up and each came over without warning from anybody.
I agree that was odd... the entire thing was a bit odd, but it definitely happened (not a dream).

Old 02-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #30
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
...I agree that was odd... the entire thing was a bit odd, but it definitely happened (not a dream).
Showrunner/writers/actors all quoted as saying the story is a tornado came through and nailed the walkers. No dreams, etc....but, as I mentioned above, the outside damage, specifically the narrow damage area through the trees, did not look "realistic"...

XL4