Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2016, 10:09 PM   #1
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Better Call Saul - Season 2 Finale- Klick - 4/18/16

So no "Fring's back."

And it's an "Emergency Temporary Guardianship" and not a "Temporary Emergency Guardianship." And that's not how it works, either.

Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Chuck is sneaky

I am guessing Nacho was on to Mike. But how did he get to the car to set off the horn??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #3
Test

Great finale, jimmy was out conned

Anyone watch talking Saul? Much better than talking dead episodes. The show creators actually give information or confirm things, not like twd.

Frings Back/talking saul:

Spoiler:
they confirmed the fan theory was right and were surprised it was figured out so soon

Old 04-19-2016, 03:06 AM   #4
series5orpremier

It's not a spoiler, it was always a marketing tool intended to promote season 3.

series5orpremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 AM   #5
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

So does that mean the person trailing Mike was Gus?

NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #6
Chuck_IV

Better Call Saul - Season 2 Finale- Klick - 4/18/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
So does that mean the person trailing Mike was Gus?

I'm guessing yes. No way Nacho gets to that car. Mike had his eye on the house pretty much the whole time.

Charter Cable

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 04-19-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Chuck_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #7
markp99
TakoKichi

Would that recording provide any legal benefit for Chuck without Jimmy's prior acknowledgment? Chuck seems a very competent lawyer; what is his plan?

markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #8
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Would that recording provide any legal benefit for Chuck without Jimmy's prior acknowledgment? Chuck seems a very competent lawyer; what is his plan?
Pretty sure as long as one party is aware they are being recorded, it's legal. At least that would have been the case here in OH during that time as my boyfriend worked as a PI and did this to people for worker's comp cases.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
wouldworker
_

From my searches, New Mexico appears to be a one-party consent state in regards to recording conversations.

wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #10
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
If this were real life, Jimmy should be less concerned about the potential for prosecution and more concerned about the Bar.

Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #11
Chuck_IV

Here's my theory as to how things go to get to "Saul" (spoiler protected, even tho it's just my theory)...

Spoiler:

I think Jimmy defends himself against Chuck and his tape in court and eventually wins by some shady story/technicality or the like. While he wins, it tarnishes the name Jimmy McGill, so he changes his name to Saul and comes to the realization that he is good at getting people off(Mike, the squat cobbler guy, himself) and thus Saul is born.

Charter Cable
Chuck_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #12
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I have to say that if Chuck actually uses that against him and not just uses it as a threat of some sort, then he's really a bad person. Jimmy was more concerned for him physically and mentally numerous times here. First running to the copy place knowing he was giving himself away. Second by not having him committed even though Chuck himself expected that. Third caring enough about Chuck's mental well being and career to confess everything to him and admitting it when Chuck says he just admitted to a felony. Oy. I know Jimmy has probably done a ton of shady things to/around Chuck over the years but at his core Jimmy cares more about his brother than anything else. I can't say that about Chuck.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #13
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I can't say that about Chuck.
...plus they went the extra measure to ensure we know Chuck is a real DB, not sharing his mom had called for Jimmy with her dying breath.

markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
pdhenry
Worker Emeritus

I watch the show on Google Play. Did it air unbleeped?

pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #15

Yes it aired unbleeped.

Unsure who trailed Mike. Gus is possible, but he hires Mike for security.

702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #16
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
I have to say that if Chuck actually uses that against him and not just uses it as a threat of some sort, then he's really a bad person. Jimmy was more concerned for him physically and mentally numerous times here. First running to the copy place knowing he was giving himself away. Second by not having him committed even though Chuck himself expected that. Third caring enough about Chuck's mental well being and career to confess everything to him and admitting it when Chuck says he just admitted to a felony. Oy. I know Jimmy has probably done a ton of shady things to/around Chuck over the years but at his core Jimmy cares more about his brother than anything else. I can't say that about Chuck.
Chuck definitely has a toxic relationship with his brother. As the older sibling who had to struggle for everything he is offended that everything seems to come so easy to Jimmy, professionally and personally.

That everyone seems to love Jimmy, but people don't respond to him on a personal level is a major disappointment. The dinner with the GF, and Jimmy telling jokes and the GF laughing her ass off, and then Chuck tries to tell a joke and it falls flat. I still think that there is more with the GF that we don't know, her breaking up with Chuck and Jimmy passing the bar, I think both of those events are related to Chuck's EHS (electro hypersensitivity syndrome).

Chuck's relationship with his parents, that both (from Chuck's perspective) seemed to love Jimmy so much and ignore him. Chuck's story about how Jimmy stole 14k from the store, and then their dad died. It's certainly not ok for Jimmy to steal from his dad, but 14k did the store in? Never mind the fact that the father was just as likely to have given some of that money away, as we saw, he was an easy mark, so I consider it unlikely that Jimmy stole all that money.

Chuck is enormously jealous of Jimmy, and it colors his entire relationship with him.

SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #17
type_g

Has it been explained how Chuck got in the shape/condition he is in? I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy had something to do with it and is shown in future seasons, maybe 3, in flashbacks.

Reason I say so is Jimmy keeps taking care of his brother even though he is being a great *as to him. Not many people would feel so guilty when there brother keeps treating them this way. Yesthe whole copy shop incident time Jimmy should feel guilty but during first and second seasons there were many times where he did nothing wrong and Chuck still was a horrible person to him.

Just my two cents, I wouldn't put it past Jimmy that he is the cause to Chucks (mental) problems and he is just feeling guilty and hence still taking care of him.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:15 PM   #18
gweempose

It was painful to watch that scene when Jimmy confessed. It was pretty obvious to me that Chuck was baiting him, and I was hoping Jimmy wouldn't fall for it. At the end of the day, though, Jimmy loves Chuck and didn't want to see him hurting.

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #19
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Chuck is enormously jealous of Jimmy, and it colors his entire relationship with him.
Yes, I agree and the fact that Momma's last words were calling out for Jimmy reinforces that.

As far as the tape does it really do anything all by itself? Jimmy could easily say that he made up the story to make Chuck feel better, which it did. There is NO hard physical evidence so its still one word against the other. However if Chuck were to scare the copy center worker into changing his story that would definitely be bad for Jimmy.

So it will be interesting how this all plays out. BUT WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON!!!! BUMMER!! I hope for next season we at least see why Chuck and his girl friend broke up and why Chuck developed his "sensitivity" to electricity.

Gerry

Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #20
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Yes, I agree and the fact that Momma's last words were calling out for Jimmy reinforces that.

As far as the tape does it really do anything all by itself? Jimmy could easily say that he made up the story to make Chuck feel better, which it did. There is NO hard physical evidence so its still one word against the other. However if Chuck were to scare the copy center worker into changing his story that would definitely be bad for Jimmy.

So it will be interesting how this all plays out. BUT WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON!!!! BUMMER!! I hope for next season we at least see why Chuck and his girl friend broke up and why Chuck developed his "sensitivity" to electricity.

Gerry
You have two people that could potentially incriminate Jimmy - the copy center guy, and the young law clerk. It's one thing for them to lie to Chuck, but I think they would be foolish to lie during a deposition or trial.

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #21
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

I'm pretty certain it wasn't Gus that did the thing to Mike. That wasn't even his MO in the BB days. Too much risk to be caught out there IMO.

Either way, great finale. I really wonder how many seasons they have in mind for this show. It's obviously kind of tricky, because at some point, they have to start moving things blatantly towards the BB timeframe, but once they do, it moves into a different phase.

Brad

bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #22
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I have to say that if Chuck actually uses that against him and not just uses it as a threat of some sort, then he's really a bad person.
This is only now dawning on you?

I think it's one of the great ironies of this show that despite their surface personae, Jimmy is a much better person than Chuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnelson View Post
Either way, great finale. I really wonder how many seasons they have in mind for this show. It's obviously kind of tricky, because at some point, they have to start moving things blatantly towards the BB timeframe, but once they do, it moves into a different phase.
I bet it's not as tricky as it might seem. They probably have a "final season" that takes them to the beginning of Breaking Bad, but in the meantime they can explore the world of Jimmy as much or as little as they have time for before they decide it's time for that final season.

Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #23
goblue97
Welcome Home, Jimmy!

I am firmly on Jimmy's side at this point and thought I would be in the vast minority here. I figured everyone here would be hating him. But, Ernesto seems to be siding more with Jimmy so I guess I should have seen that coming.

goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:08 PM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
I am firmly on Jimmy's side at this point and thought I would be in the vast minority here. I figured everyone here would be hating him. But, Ernesto seems to be siding more with Jimmy so I guess I should have seen that coming.
Yeah, Jimmy may have been somewhat slimy in how he went after Chuck, but Chuck really started it with how he went after Kim...who was innocent. It's understandable that that upset Jimmy, who then felt compelled to use the only weapons he really has.

I think in the end, Kim's the one who suffers the most from the McGill Family Civil War.

Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #25
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
So no "Fring's back."

And it's an "Emergency Temporary Guardianship" and not a "Temporary Emergency Guardianship." And that's not how it works, either.
Yeah I sort of cringed when the Dr said "I know a judge." I am pretty sure you can't just pick your own judge like that and call them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
Yeah Ernesto is really the one I feel bad for. Ernesto stuck his neck out for Jimmy by covering for him and giving him the insight that his brother was really out to get him. So then Jimmy ignores that important isight and then indirectly throws Ernesto under the bus for lying about the phone call.

As for who stopped Mike, my guess is either Gus (or an associate) or my wild 1:100 long-shot would be the DEA agents Gomez or perhaps Hank, because they are doing their own investigation and don't want Mike to mess it up.

DeDondeEs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #26
SeanC
ECT

As to who Chuck could play the tape for? Kim.

Playing it to Kim would seriously damage Jimmy and Kim's relationship, so for maximum damage that would be a good target.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #27
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
As to who Chuck could play the tape for? Kim.

Playing it to Kim would seriously damage Jimmy and Kim's relationship, so for maximum damage that would be a good target.
I don't see how that's true considering Kim already knows this.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
As for who stopped Mike, my guess is either Gus (or an associate) or my wild 1:100 long-shot would be the DEA agents Gomez or perhaps Hank, because they are doing their own investigation and don't want Mike to mess it up.
No way would the DEA handle the situation that way. They're law enforcement and they'd be ready to prosecute Mike just as much as Hector. Plus, for all they know, he's just a member of a rival cartel and wouldn't respond properly to the subtle note. It definitely has to be Gus (or an associate). Someone who also wants to do harm to Hector, but has a better plan in mind.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #29
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
I don't see how that's true considering Kim already knows this.
I think she's made herself believe that Jimmy didn't do it, she says as much to Chuck, she specifically told Chuck that she thought it was more likely he had made a mistake.

I think she has so far chosen to believe that.

An admission by Jimmy, on tape, is a whole different thing.

I don't remember offhand, but didn't Kim specifically ask Jimmy in private, and he denied it then as well?

Jimmy is willing to lie, to anyone, at any time, to achieve his need at the moment. That can be a hard pill for loved ones to swallow when they realize they are no different from anyone else.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #30
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
I think she's made herself believe that Jimmy didn't do it, she says as much to Chuck, she specifically told Chuck that she thought it was more likely he had made a mistake.

I think she has so far chosen to believe that.

An admission by Jimmy, on tape, is a whole different thing.

I don't remember offhand, but didn't Kim specifically ask Jimmy in private, and he denied it then as well?

Jimmy is willing to lie, to anyone, at any time, to achieve his need at the moment. That can be a hard pill for loved ones to swallow when they realize they are no different from anyone else.
No, she's fully aware. That's why she punched him in the car when they left. That's also why she told him that night to make sure he had all his I's dotted and T's crossed, which is what prompted him to go back to the copy store.