TeddS
Obfuscator

Wayward Pines "Cycle" S01E10 7/23/15 *spoilers*

The end.

TeddS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

A little premature but I am looking forward to watching it tonight.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
TeddS
Obfuscator

Oops, should I have not been able to see it yet?

If so, good thing I didn't actually comment on it.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddS View Post
Oops, should I have not been able to see it yet?
It airs tonight on FOX. If you've somehow seen it already, it must have been through some special access or a leaked version.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
TeddS
Obfuscator

Sssssshhhhh, don't talk about it. There are cameras everywhere.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
getreal
postcrastinator

I'm glad that it ended in 10 episodes. I wish they managed to complete "Under the Dome" in one season (as I understand was the original intent).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #7
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It airs tonight on FOX. If you've somehow seen it already, it must have been through some special access or a leaked version.
It must have aired in Canada or somewhere yesterday as it was available via magical means late yesterday afternoon.

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:13 PM   #8
JMikeD

I'm going to do my best to forget that the finale was ever aired. Hated it. I liked the ending of the books, though.

JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Weird. It's almost like the second season happened between the last two scenes of this episode, and then they started the third season...

I hope somebody in the other thread explains what the real ending was...

Old 07-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Stupefying idiocy.

I fully understand Matt Dillon's character killing himself so as not to endure more of the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #11
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I kinda hated the fact that the kids took over the town. Actually really only just hated it because I know this is the end. If we were still hoping for a season 2 then I might be ok with it as a way to continue the story.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #12
danterner
Not it!

Ugh. Not a fan of the last episode. I think the show started strong, peaked about half way through, and then declined rapidly as more was explained. The last episode was just plain bad.

| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:04 AM   #13
LlamaLarry

The ending really sucked and really does feel like they left the door open for Season 2. I guess I will go to the book thread to see how that ended.

LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #14
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I am glad to read you all felt the same way I did. I was expecting to come in and find everyone loved it and I would be the one person that hated it.

Awful.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #15
thebigmo
Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Stupefying idiocy.

I fully understand Matt Dillon's character killing himself so as not to endure more of the same.
This, exactly. Turrible. Kinda glad it's over.

A couple of things. So, as soon as the power is cut to the fence, every abby in the state is automatically drawn to the town? And how is Pilcher able to track them with the red dots on the satellite view? Ugh.

thebigmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #16
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I thought it was okay. I enjoyed both the book and the series.

The only explanation I have for the ending scene is that they decided they wanted to leave the door open for a Season 2, but realized they could not get back the main actors so they threw in a line about the adults being put to sleep and turning the town over to the First Generation.

The only stupid things I could think of was

1) Ethan's son being in a coma for over 3 years and being on his feet and walking within a minute of waking up.

2) How are we expected to believe the kids in the Ark got the better of Kate and an Armed militia?

Old 07-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #17
SoBelle0
Go Big Blue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I thought it was okay. I enjoyed both the book and the series.

The only explanation I have for the ending scene is that they decided they wanted to leave the door open for a Season 2, but realized they could not get back the main actors so they threw in a line about the adults being put to sleep and turning the town over to the First Generation.

The only stupid things I could think of was

1) Ethan's son being in a coma for over 3 years and being on his feet and walking within a minute of waking up.

2) How are we expected to believe the kids in the Ark got the better of Kate and an Armed militia?
This was my first question. I didn't think about coma kid jumping up... which is a really good question! When the girl started explaining, I knew it was the kids in the "ark" and wondered how they had overtaken every one of the adults and armed men we'd seen just previously.

I was okay with them leaving the door open. It's an intriguing story, and I wouldn't mind seeing more. I'm going to read the book next, so I haven't ventured into that thread... I really am curious to see how the author intended it to end.

SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #18
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
This was my first question. I didn't think about coma kid jumping up... which is a really good question! When the girl started explaining, I knew it was the kids in the "ark" and wondered how they had overtaken every one of the adults and armed men we'd seen just previously.

I was okay with them leaving the door open. It's an intriguing story, and I wouldn't mind seeing more. I'm going to read the book next, so I haven't ventured into that thread... I really am curious to see how the author intended it to end.
He was involved in both the book and the series. Though, how much control he had over the direction of the series is anyone's guess.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #19
thebigmo
Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Quote:
I didn't see it as him being in a coma for 3 years. I thought he had been put to sleep like the adults. The question is, if they are so sure that he may cause trouble, why ever wake him up?

thebigmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #20
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

If there's a season 2, I'll be rooting for the Abbies.

tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #21
connie_w

The very best part was when the doctor was trying to restart the generator. Even though, I suspected what was going to happen they did it when I least expected it and it made me jump and scream. Hahahaha!

The rest of the finale was okay. Interesting ending. The ending was like the beginning.

I'm glad the series is over. If they do conjure up a second season, I'm not interested.

connie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #22
SoBelle0
Go Big Blue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie_w View Post
The very best part was when the doctor was trying to restart the generator. Even though, I suspected what was going to happen they did it when I least expected it and it made me jump and scream. Hahahaha!

Me, too!!

SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #23
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I thought it was okay. I enjoyed both the book and the series. The only explanation I have for the ending scene is that they decided they wanted to leave the door open for a Season 2, but realized they could not get back the main actors so they threw in a line about the adults being put to sleep and turning the town over to the First Generation. The only stupid things I could think of was

1) Ben wasn't in a coma for 3 years. He was put into "suspension" with the adults. So he was simply being brought out of the suspended state, and him getting up and walking was no different than when Ethan did it in the pilot episode.

2) The "Ark" in the school that the kids went into had weapons. And based on the things those boys were saying, I suspect they had some training for this scenario. We don't know if there was a battle with many dead and the kids winning, or if the adults simply surrendered to prevent lots of death on both sides, or some combination of the two.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #24
LooseWiring

The walking is because he wasn't in a coma he was in a cryo pod.

I could easily see the first class being able to take over. The Ark was well stocked with guns and ammunition and may have had a back door into the complex. Take them by surprise and it should be easy. Especially considering that no one wants to shoot a kid.

Also, one thing they didn't show that could lead to a more interesting season 2, they never explicitly showed Ethan dying.

Although it's unlikely he could have survived but been injured and by the time he recovered and made it out if the shaft the kids takeover would have already been complete.
He could be hiding out either in WP or somehow survived outside the gates.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #25
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmo View Post
A couple of things. So, as soon as the power is cut to the fence, every abby in the state is automatically drawn to the town? And how is Pilcher able to track them with the red dots on the satellite view? Ugh.
Especially when, a couple episodes before, they couldn't track Harold and his gang trying to blow up the fence because they'd removed their chips. Are we supposed to believe that Pilcher's team has tagged every Abby within hundreds of miles?

Old 07-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I was thinking more infrared tracking that was pinpointing the abbies.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:41 AM   #27
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseWiring View Post
... Also, one thing they didn't show that could lead to a more interesting season 2, they never explicitly showed Ethan dying.

Although it's unlikely he could have survived but been injured and by the time he recovered and made it out if the shaft the kids takeover would have already been complete.
He could be hiding out either in WP or somehow survived outside the gates.
No no no no no! Don't even entertain such a silly thought. The bombs were right at his feet as the abbies were breaking through the floor of the elevator and we watched him press the button. He blowed up good ... he blowed up REAL good!

He blowed up REAL good!

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I was thinking more infrared tracking that was pinpointing the abbies.
If they had that capability, why couldn't they use it when Ethan was trying to find Harold and his team that had found a blind spot in the surveillance cameras?

Old 07-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #29
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmo View Post
I didn't see it as him being in a coma for 3 years. I thought he had been put to sleep like the adults. The question is, if they are so sure that he may cause trouble, why ever wake him up?
Never thought of that and is possibly more likely but would it not be the same situation. Three years of never using a muscle and then just hopping out of bed?

It did not actually bother me though, I realize why TV shows can't be realistic all the time.

And I am one of few who apparently enjoyed the show and the finale.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #30
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

How about season 2 is from the perspective of the Abbies? A mad genius neanderthal scientist discovers that humans are evolving and starts freezing neanderthals to avoid their pending doom as a species due to the destructive power of humans. The neanderthals wake up 300,000 years later to learn they've succeeded! The planet belongs to them. Except--for those pesky humans living in Wayward Pines, who just love to shoot guns and blow things up! Will the abbies be able to live in peace? Stay tuned! Expect an Abby to fall in love with a human and face scorn. Also, one of the formerly frozen neanderthals is a lawyer who likes to talk about how simple-minded he is, but in reality he's pretty smart.

tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote