TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-16-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
VegasVic
Craps Player

Amazing Race - 3/13/15

Those guys really never had a chance to catch up. Most legs have some sort of bunch-up but not this one. Looks like a 2 week break for hoops.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

There was a bunch-up, but it was right at the beginning: all the teams (except the NKOTB guys) caught the same plane out. You're right, when they missed that plane they didn't have a chance. There weren't any challenges that people could get really hung up on: although some people seemed to have problems with the transmission challenge, they were all there together so you could see what other people were doing even if you didn't know anything.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
mattack

The one girl *seemed* to sort of do a "I'm just a girl, how do I know what a transmission is?" whine for a bit, even though she's a "tough chick"... and then ended up finishing it ridiculously quickly.

mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
laria
Librocubicularist

I thought it was kind where it would be... it was really the only place big enough to be containing a screwdriver.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I thought it was kind where it would be... it was really the only place big enough to be containing a screwdriver.
I didn't think they told them what was left behind from the previous mechanic, and not knowing how things fit together or the cavities inside, most were guessing what to do.

The New Kids had no chance. Usually there is a bunch up where something doesn't open until the next morning or something.

Seemed silly then to have the kind of challenges they had (easy, in my opinion) after a non elimination without a bunch-up. Plus the speed bump seemed harder than others I've seen (sit in a sauna for 15 mins).

NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:43 AM   #6
MarkofT

My wife and I were wondering how Hayley has managed to not "accidentally" drown yet. Or get knocked out of a tuktuk.

Maybe they're biding their time until the Middle East swing so they can sell her off to some Sheikh.

MarkofT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
I didn't think they told them what was left behind from the previous mechanic, and not knowing how things fit together or the cavities inside, most were guessing what to do.

The New Kids had no chance. Usually there is a bunch up where something doesn't open until the next morning or something.

Seemed silly then to have the kind of challenges they had (easy, in my opinion) after a non elimination without a bunch-up. Plus the speed bump seemed harder than others I've seen (sit in a sauna for 15 mins).
Not just a sauna, a sauna-BUS! I also thought the speed bump looked harder than most. I was trying to get a sense of how long the shadows were when the New Kids finished. I bet they were a couple of hours behind.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #8
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofT View Post
My wife and I were wondering how Hayley has managed to not "accidentally" drown yet. Or get knocked out of a tuktuk.

Maybe they're biding their time until the Middle East swing so they can sell her off to some Sheikh.
LOL awesome.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #9
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Can we get the thread topic misspelling corrected? Some people may not see it.

KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #10
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I was trying to get a sense of how long the shadows were when the New Kids finished. I bet they were a couple of hours behind.
HAHA! I do that too with the sun / shadows! Most times they try to make it seem like they are running neck and neck but the sunlight is different!

In this case, it was a little harder to tell. I think they were only an hour or so behind. But with the straightforward challenges they had no chance.

NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Those guys really never had a chance to catch up. Most legs have some sort of bunch-up but not this one. Looks like a 2 week break for hoops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post

Actually, it's become pretty common for the non-elim to happen at the end of the first leg in a country, and then the next leg stays in the same country so there isn't a travel bunch up. I'll bet if we looked at all non-elim teams over the past five seasons or so, the majority of them would not have a bunch up on the next episode.

I agree that the Speed Bump definitely seemed harder than usual.

Can't understand how Blair is still putting up with Hayley. I hope she's watching this show and realizing that she comes off as a shrill nag and she's taking it to heart. But I'll bet it's just the opposite.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #12
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I'd be willing to bet he is trying to play nice for tv but if it had been a real date, they'd have been done long ago. She was much more irritating this episode than the others.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #13
mattack

Heh, I sort of thought the opposite. They seemed to be editing in her 'annoying' moments in this episode.

mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
Can we get the thread topic misspelling corrected? Some people may not see it.
Sorry about that. Unfortunately I can't do it myself.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #15
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Heh, I sort of thought the opposite. They seemed to be editing in her 'annoying' moments in this episode.
In order to edit in her annoying nag moments, she has to have them.

For instance, the whole big show she made about having him lead and she would follow, immediately followed by her taking charge and disregarding anything he is saying, was probably only slightly edited, because IIRC they were standing in pretty much the same place.

And the face he made to the camera said it all.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #16
Mike Lang
Administrator

Title fixed.

Mike Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #17
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I'd be willing to bet he is trying to play nice for tv but if it had been a real date, they'd have been done long ago. She was much more irritating this episode than the others.
I totally agree with this.

kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #18
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

A couple notes from podcasts I listened to:

- Apparently Hayley and Blair were watching this episode together last Friday night and participating in social media, so despite what we're seeing, they must not hate each other too much.

- Jonathan and Harley said the speed bump took them about 30 minutes and they think they finished about 60-90 minutes behind the next-to-last team.