TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #61
sharkster

I would agree about the fire alarm thing being unfair. Who would just keep rolling if there was a fire alarm going? Who should be expected to keep rolling with a fire alarm going?? Stupid
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #62
dthmj
Hinky

With the fire alarm, maybe they were looking for a better response? As I recall, she crossed her arms and just stood there. I think a better response would be to announce to the camera a fire alarm was going off, and ask the crew if everything was ok - if they said yeah, then she said - Ok, let's just roll with this and she could try to continue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Gaming Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Personal Blog
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #63
justen_m

Fire alarm was unfair. That's not like spilling the olive oil or having ingredients missing. I personally know people who have died in fires. I would be very, very angry if there was a false fire alarm. Angry, as in, beat Alton to a pulp.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #64
ADent

I kinda of agree with the fire alarm thing - but just standing there and looking around is not the appropriate response either. Keep talking or leave the building.

-

I don't think any of the contestants have a POV I want to watch, not that there is much cooking on FN. ( Sandwich King is still on though. )
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #65
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Pie guy is starting to really bug me.

I would love to see one episode where they all get 'gussied up' and would actually look like they would on a real show.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #66
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I absolutely hate the fact that they are having the online competition with the people who couldn't hack it. So not fair to the people who are still there and trying so hard. I know they've brought back people in the past and it really makes me totally lose interest enough to not really want to watch anymore.

BAD idea, Food Network!!!

Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #67
GoHalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot4Bo View Post
I absolutely hate the fact that they are having the online competition with the people who couldn't hack it. So not fair to the people who are still there and trying so hard. I know they've brought back people in the past and it really makes me totally lose interest enough to not really want to watch anymore.

BAD idea, Food Network!!!
Don't blame Food Network, blame Bravo/Top Chef. Food Network just ripped off the idea.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #68
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHalos View Post
Don't blame Food Network, blame Bravo/Top Chef. Food Network just ripped off the idea.
That is the same thing I said. Last Chance Kitchen rip off indeed.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #69
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I've never watched any of those other shows so I didn't know it was a ripoff. I truly hate it.

Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #70
sharkster

7/14/13 episode -

Well, I'm over pie guy too! They did make the right pick this week with eliminating Chad, IMO. That was going nowhere. But pie guy is just missing completely every time he presents. His pie was the only thing that saved him this time.

AFAIK, it's all about Nikki and Stacey. They are the only two who are pleasant to watch. I also don't see any POVs that are interesting, though.

The only one who has left, so far, I even liked at all was Viet and I'm sure he's not coming back. That said, I continue to HATE that stupid online competition to bring back one of the losers.

ETA - Just one more thing...Is it rude to suggest that Stacey should delete the 'Poon' from her name? For some reason that kind of - I don't know. Stacey Kinney sounds very nice.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #71
nickels
opinionated dope

Disagree. If you've watched before the one thing that is usually mandatory by now is a solid point-of-view. Russell apparently is the only contestant in the history of the show to still be working on that aspect of his cooking and not been eliminated. I've never seen anyone get that far without a clear vision. I still think Stacey is going to win.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #72
Ruth
Now with toddler

Pie guy is totally an idiot. Last week he sang that stupid song, and they hated it and told him he had to focus on describing the food. So this week what does he do? Stupid comedy routine. What job does he think he's auditioning for?! Songwriter stand-up comic? Or food network star? Moron.

I think Nikki is going to win. But yeah, totally beween her and Stacey and the rest of them are just filler at this point.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #73
nickels
opinionated dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
7/14/13 episode -

ETA - Just one more thing...Is it rude to suggest that Stacey should delete the 'Poon' from her name? For some reason that kind of - I don't know. Stacey Kinney sounds very nice.
The "poon" in her name is comical to the point of absurdity. You'd think someone would clue her in to what that word means. I may facebook friend her just to give her the link to that word on the Urban Dictionary.

Imagine watching a show featuring Bobby SkinFlute-Flay. Kind of crushes the credibility.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #74
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
The "poon" in her name is comical to the point of absurdity. You'd think someone would clue her in to what that word means. I may facebook friend her just to give her the link to that word on the Urban Dictionary.

Imagine watching a show featuring Bobby SkinFlute-Flay. Kind of crushes the credibility.
How could she not know what the name means? Nobody is that sheltered when they're in the restaurant business. At least her specialty isn't pies...
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #75
nickels
opinionated dope

Nobody finds it comical that Food Network spent weeks doing an online show, that I doubt hardly anyone watched, just to bring back a shlub who was instantly sent home once again? They pretty much wasted a week on the real show for this nonsense. I was hoping they'd bring back Chad, no such luck. I never expected Nikki to still be around when we first started this season, but she is quickly becoming a favorite to win it. I still feel like it is her or Stacey - the rest are just not good enough. Damaris is impressing and hanging around but IMO she is too racy for the food network.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #76
secondclaw

It was quiet ironic ... she really had no business coming back.

I do agree that the final race is between Stacey and Nikki, and I bet on Nikki winning it, she seems most comfortable in front of the camera. I do like Damaris, but she's awkward at times, though probably more fun and unique than the other two.

Quote:
Nobody finds it comical that Food Network spent weeks doing an online show, that I doubt hardly anyone watched, just to bring back a shlub who was instantly sent home once again? They pretty much wasted a week on the real show for this nonsense. I was hoping they'd bring back Chad, no such luck. I never expected Nikki to still be around when we first started this season, but she is quickly becoming a favorite to win it. I still feel like it is her or Stacey - the rest are just not good enough. Damaris is impressing and hanging around but IMO she is too racy for the food network.

secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #77
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The way Nikki talked right over the donut guy made me wince.

I don't know. I just don't see a star there. In any of them. If you took two or three of them and melded them into one person it would be cool. They just seem all too....uncomfortable? I don't know what word I am looking for, but I don't see an Alton Brown or Rachel Ray there.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #78
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
You mean Stacey.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #79
nickels
opinionated dope

Quote:

I don't know. I just don't see a star there. In any of them. If you took two or three of them and melded them into one person it would be cool. They just seem all too....uncomfortable? I don't know what word I am looking for, but I don't see an Alton Brown or Rachel Ray there.
That was Stacey not Nikki. Agreed - some are better than others, but none of this year's contestants are star worthy.

What I am finding more interesting is how these people are so friendly to each other in real life. On FaceBook a lot of them post and comment on each others pages. I often see Russel and Rodney commenting on Chad's posts and also Stacey. Something about this makes me like all of them a lot more.

Stacey's FB status:
Quote:
Tough to watch ‪#‎foodnetworkstar‬ tonight. Jim is a super cool guy. Sad I didn't give him room to shine. ‪#‎learning‬ ‪#‎growing‬
and a reply from Rodney:
Quote:
Rodney Henry: Girl, Its nerve racking. Don't be to tough on yourself. Your the jam. Love you. RH

Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #80
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Stacey.

Yep. I knew it was the dark haired gal.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #81
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
What I am finding more interesting is how these people are so friendly to each other in real life. On FaceBook a lot of them post and comment on each others pages. I often see Russel and Rodney commenting on Chad's posts and also Stacey. Something about this makes me like all of them a lot more.
Oh my. I went to check out the FB pages and bam. It hit me.

It didn't click before, but Rodney is Dangerously Delicious pie man. Dangerously Delicious Pies is located here in Baltimore. I have gotten pies from them. Now I realize I met him about 3 or 4 years ago when I went to pick up a savory pie, but since then have only dealt with women that work there. The pies are NOT cheap so I usually only get one a year or if there is a special sale. The shop is down in Canton/Baltimore now, but used to be up the street from me in Hampden.

http://dangerouspiesbalt.com/2013/07...r-tonight-9pm/

Ack, he's going to be coming to the bar I hang at on tuesdays - Rocket to Venus. Wheee.
Quote:
Rocket to Venus. Sunday June 30th. Join myself and my main man, Chad Rosenthal for a boss viewing party. Pie and BBQ all around. Waylon James on the snowball machine. Sean K. Preston will be performing a short set at he end of the show. 8pm party starts Show starts at 9pm. Tell your friends. Pie for Life. Don't forget to vote for Rodney @Foodnetwork.com/foodnetworkstar. See you Sunday. RH

Old 07-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #82
JoBeth66
Temp

So nice to see Lovely come back and go RIGHT back out. I hate the 'last chance kitchen' thing, and I wish they wouldn't do it.

I agree it's between Stacey & Nikki at this point. I don't know how pie guy is hanging on - you can hardly understand anything he says, and his pies (with the exception of a very few) haven't even been wowing the judges.
JoBeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #83
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Was glad to see Lovely come and go so quick. The whole Salvation thing was stupid IMO.

I liked how Lovely tried to spin things when she left..meaning she beat all those other folks so she is a winner blah blah blah. Don't let the door hit in on your big ol' you know what girlfriend.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #84
rorrim
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
It didn't click before, but Rodney is Dangerously Delicious pie man. Dangerously Delicious Pies is located here in Baltimore. I have gotten pies from them. Now I realize I met him about 3 or 4 years ago when I went to pick up a savory pie, but since then have only dealt with women that work there. The pies are NOT cheap so I usually only get one a year or if there is a special sale. The shop is down in Canton/Baltimore now, but used to be up the street from me in Hampden.
He has a store on H Street in NE DC as well, close to where H meets Maryland Ave and Florida Ave. I like to stop there when I am over that way. The pies are excellent!
rorrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #85
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorrim View Post
He has a store on H Street in NE DC as well, close to where H meets Maryland Ave and Florida Ave. I like to stop there when I am over that way. The pies are excellent!
Well, d'oh, I just realized that was JUNE not July event at Rocket. Oh well.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #86
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
You know, thinking back on it, you would think that the Pizza pie guy with his "500 year old yeast" would have been more interesting to Rodney, who makes pies.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #87
bryhamm
randomize

I will be SHOCKED if nikki doesn't win this.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #88
d-dub
Jami's Gameboy

The "500 year old yeast" thing was a laugh. What really happens is that you start out with a starter culture, and then, over the course of a few months, the original yeast strain is replaced with local yeast strains, and then you have the same yeast everyone else in your area has.

Now with improved joystick action!
World's Luckiest Guy (TM)

-- David --
d-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #89
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Has anyone watched Salvation kitchen? There are only four eps about 5-7 minutes each. Robert Irvine was the sole judge (or appeared to be...there might have been behind-the-scenes input) of the winning dish/chef and two of Lovely's wins I would have gone the other way.

For example:

Spoiler:
A too-salty dish that actually used the ingredient well and creatively VS a tasty dish that barely used the ingredient in a lackluster way.

Robert specifically says THE INGREDIENT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING... then Lovey won with the lackluster use of the ingredient.

Oh we'll, glad she's gone again.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #90
sharkster

Sushikitten - Wow, that is weird. Makes one think the fix was in. haha - Nah, that would never happen.

Maybe they just wanted to put somebody in who didn't stand a chance and have, as somebody else already mentioned, a wasted episode to buy another week for the current finalists.

I'm just glad she was out quickly. Even though I find a couple of the ones left rather annoying, every one of them is better than her.